Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thelonious

The Fighting Cock
Thelonious World Peace
Seems to be fairly well thought of within Tottenham and football in general, having eavesdropped Windizzle on Twitter it would appear it's a good thing him being kept on at Spurs.

Dunno what my point it but Sherwood doesn't have a thread so thought I'd start one innit. :avbdamn:

I always had it in my head that he was useless (that might have come from the pod) but he must be doing something right...

I have never really known why some people dont like him or think he's no good.

Based on what?

He's a gooner apparently, I recall him being on the panel for Setanta and he ripped Spurs pretty mercilessly.

With that said, me thinking he's a cunt doesn't mean I don't want him at Spurs. Seems to be working well with Inglethorpe and is passionate about developing players, can't ask for much more in that respect. I just like calling him a cunt with a punchable face.

TOTTENHAM'S new technical director Tim Sherwood has told NewsAtDen that Millwall target Harry Kane will not be available for loan next season.

Boss Kenny Jackett had been hoping to re-sign the Spurs youngster after he scored nine goals in 27 appearances to help steer the Lions to safety in the Championship last year.

But in an exclusive interview, Sherwood revealed that the 18-year-old will feature in first-team affairs at White Hart Lane under new manager André Villas Boas.

"We don't think there's any value in loaning Harry out to the Championship again," he said. "He's ticked that box.

"He may need a few more games if he's not in the frame at Tottenham, but he's going to be given every opportunity to prove himself to the new manager. If the manager decides he's not ready, that would be the only time we would consider loaning him out.

"But as we stand, we're not looking to loan him."

The Lions have benefited in recent years from a healthy relationship with Spurs, with the likes of Kane, Jon Obika, Andros Townsend and Ryan Mason all spending time at The Den as part of their development.

But Sherwood suggested there could be a change of policy under former Chelsea boss Villas Boas.

He said: "I know Kenny Jackett because we played together at Watford, so there's a connection there. Millwall is a good move for our young boys because it gives them experience and it's local.

"Sometimes it works out, as with Kane, but sometimes it doesn't, as with Mason.

"I will sit down with the new manager and talk in more depth about his philosophy on loaning younger players.

"But I think there might be a chance of tact, because we don't really learn anything from sending players to the Championship for a second time."

But the impact of what the clubs say about this tournament is just as striking. Tim Sherwood, Technical Co-ordinator at Spurs, where Massimo Luongo has impressed, explains that: "Our philosophy is that this is far, far more about development than
about winning. "But the tournament is well structured and it opens up people's eyes. "We see the best of other footballing cultures and it gives you context. "We are delighted that NextGen really listen to people who know football and use our input".

couple of soundbites from Sherwood..

Thelonious said:
He's a gooner apparently, I recall him being on the panel for Setanta and he ripped Spurs pretty mercilessly.

With that said, me thinking he's a cunt doesn't mean I don't want him at Spurs. Seems to be working well with Inglethorpe and is passionate about developing players, can't ask for much more in that respect. I just like calling him a cunt with a punchable face.

Yes it was always my understanding he was a Gooner!
So I have always been a bit Meh about him but if he does a good job that is all we care about.

I know some people who have been put off the idea of Sherwood purely from their feelings toward him as a player, too. I'm happy for him to have the role as he seems to have done only good things with our youth set up and if he can continue that whilst broadening his abilities then surely it is good for the Club.

So Sherwood is evidently good at impressing the board.

In my opinion that doesn't make him a good coach (not yet, anyway) just makes him good at impressing boards.

henryp0p said:
So Sherwood is evidently good at impressing the board.

In my opinion that doesn't make him a good coach (not yet, anyway) just makes him good at impressing boards.
I think there's more to it than that tbh.... It doesn't appear that he wants to coach, just happy to be in a consultancy type role.

henryp0p said:
How've you inferred that?
Just from what I read of the situation, he doesn't appear to have any hankerings to be the main man at Spurs or anywhere else. He seems happy to be behind the scenes developing talent. The sound bites I have to draw from are limited but that's just my hunch.

Robin Hood Robin Hood riding through the Glen,
Robin Hood, Robin Hood with his band of men...

...Hold on, I've missed the point again haven't I.

However in doing so may have unwittingly come up with a new Sigurdsson song.

Sigurdsson, Sigurdsson riding through the Glen,
Sigurdsson, Sigurdsson with his band of men...

...this needs further thought.

spooky said:
Hold up, Sherwood is officially our technical director? Did I miss the memo?

Really?

Harry Redknapp has been sacked as well, rumour is AVB will be the replacement. Though IMO those ITKs know diddly shit.

:baletroll:

Back
Top Bottom