Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't wait for the next instalment of his "Why I was a Brave Seer but Others Never Recognised It" opus.
It's actually a very good interview. But boy is he a shit communicator, his entire demeanour rubs me up the wrong way. I got from watching this that he also knows this but perhaps has just gone "fuck it", I don't give a fuck. Or he's just not intelligent enough to modify.

Whilst Jordan does ask some very pointed questions I feel his follow-up Questions really tame e.g when talking about his contract at Spurs, he says he was given until the end of the year, whereas everywhere else it's reported he was given an 18month contract even though he was there until the end of the season (so basically Levy gave him a years money as a bonus), you can see Jordan knows otherwise but does push on it, he just leaves it. Also, his time at Swindon was comical, a true debacle but there's nothing on it even though there's enough evidence on how shit he is in that role that a book could be written just in this short period.

I listened to that during that week, was a very good listen. Not sure I fully believe Sherwood.

This week we are joined by one of only 15 players to hoist a Premier League trophy, Tim Sherwood.

A core part of the successful Blackburn sides of the 90s, Tim went on to make over 600 appearances for a number of teams before being thrust into one of the biggest jobs in management after the dismissal of Andre Villas Boas at Tottenham Hotspur.
Largely responsible for nurturing the talent of England captain Harry Kane, Tim joins the show to discuss his own career whilst giving us the inside scoop on the past, present and future of Tottenham’s greatest ever goal scorer.

Link to Google podcast - Tim Sherwood | "I find it difficult to blame Levy for Spurs' problems"

I listened to that during that week, was a very good listen. Not sure I fully believe Sherwood.

This week we are joined by one of only 15 players to hoist a Premier League trophy, Tim Sherwood.

A core part of the successful Blackburn sides of the 90s, Tim went on to make over 600 appearances for a number of teams before being thrust into one of the biggest jobs in management after the dismissal of Andre Villas Boas at Tottenham Hotspur.
Largely responsible for nurturing the talent of England captain Harry Kane, Tim joins the show to discuss his own career whilst giving us the inside scoop on the past, present and future of Tottenham’s greatest ever goal scorer.

Link to Google podcast - Tim Sherwood | "I find it difficult to blame Levy for Spurs' problems"
Dear lord he's gotten more mileage out of his minor connection to Kane than he remotely deserves. At this point, I think it'll be etched on his headstone.

Tim never get tired of talking down Spurs ... because he'll never got over the fact that he's no longer wanted or needed at the club...

Tim Sherwood has insisted that not a single Tottenham Hotspur player would get into Woolwich’s starting eleven at the moment.

Sherwood believes that there is such a big gulf in class between the two sides at present that not a single Tottenham player would get into the Gunners’ starting eleven.

The former Spurs interim head coach said on the Tippy Tappy Football Podcast: “At the moment, there’s no one standing out to me who gets into the team. Vicario, I don’t know because I don’t know enough about him, he has started off very well.

“I was thinking Son, but who do you leave out? Saka? Martinelli? Odegaard has to be in the team, he goes in where Maddison would go in. We’ve seen Maddison have these spells at Leicester.

“He has better players around him now, so hopefully he can continue playing on a regular basis like he is and then he will have a chance. But I’m not sure where I’d fit him in at this moment because Odegaard has to be in before him.”

Last edited:
Tim never get tired of talking down Spurs ... because he'll never got over the fact that he's no longer wanted no needed at the club...

Tim Sherwood has insisted that not a single Tottenham Hotspur player would get into Woolwich’s starting eleven at the moment.

Sherwood believes that there is such a big gulf in class between the two sides at present that not a single Tottenham player would get into the Gunners’ starting eleven.

The former Spurs interim head coach said on the Tippy Tappy Football Podcast: “At the moment, there’s no one standing out to me who gets into the team. Vicario, I don’t know because I don’t know enough about him, he has started off very well.

“I was thinking Son, but who do you leave out? Saka? Martinelli? Odegaard has to be in the team, he goes in where Maddison would go in. We’ve seen Maddison have these spells at Leicester.

“He has better players around him now, so hopefully he can continue playing on a regular basis like he is and then he will have a chance. But I’m not sure where I’d fit him in at this moment because Odegaard has to be in before him.”
He’s a gooner, he’s just playing to the gallery. He’s too thick not to.

Back
Top Bottom