Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's not all that complicated of a formula.

Don't buy any players in the transfer window. Wait 18 months. Ta-da! This is your life now...

I'm hoping this is a blip on our trajectory exacerbated by some terrible injury luck. But my eyes tell me that the club was mismanaged so badly for the last two years that we are now only at the beginning of a spiral down.

This summer and the start of next season is critical if we are going to starting heading back on the right path.

For those who say Levy is a passionate Spurs fan and is in it for the glory......
Sorry to shatter your dreams

But, it's different here, Levy is a lifelong spurs supporter, he sleeps in spurs pyjamas and sings "Ohhhhh Ledley Ledley" when he takes a shower, he is truly one of our own and LOVES football now.

Why do you think he's got us an Amazon series? He loves the club so much he wants to watch that shit on repeat every night in his bedroom whilst facetiming Joe Lewis on his Yacht which is named "The yid army"

Look mate, fucking ENIC ARE Spurs, they are the life and soul of this club, we wouldn't be anything without them, if they ever leave we might as well just fucking pack up the whole thing and give up because their long term strategy and project is what's going to lead us to TRUE glory, you don't want to do a Leeds do you? Even worse, buy a fucking trophy? We're doing things the right way mate, this obsession with spending needs to stop.

Just #trustENIC or you're a shit supporter.

For those who say Levy is a passionate Spurs fan and is in it for the glory......
Sorry to shatter your dreams

You a Glasgow Rangers fan now? wow an article from twenty years ago written about all the other clubs ENIC had shares in before they bought Spurs and promptly sold them all .... brilliant

If you read the full interview, not some snippet doctored for mindless morons, Levy goes on to say that you can only have real passion for one club, and that his had always been and will always will be Tottenham Hotspur .... in fact so much so that just a year later he bought them.

You really are a sad mug .... fancy falling for that bullshit once peddled by Woolwich fans over an article from over twenty years ago ... in fact why were you looking at shit peddled by Woolwich fans? or are they now the source of all your "knowledge" ...

I know you love slagging of the club but twenty year old interviews out of context - that's just wank even for you.

It's not all that complicated of a formula.

Don't buy any players in the transfer window. Wait 18 months. Ta-da! This is your life now...

I'm hoping this is a blip on our trajectory exacerbated by some terrible injury luck. But my eyes tell me that the club was mismanaged so badly for the last two years that we are now only at the beginning of a spiral down.

This summer and the start of next season is critical if we are going to starting heading back on the right path.

Miss-managed so much that income went up by 130m - over 150m was spent on new players - and one off the most successful managers in history was signed .... yup miss-manged alright if only we were more like West Ham !!!!!!!!

Talk about entitled woke over reaction ... that was brilliant, it was a joke right?

You know what. Yes, yes, billion pound stadium, world class training facilities and transformed from mid table obscurity to champions league regulars. Enic have overseen a complete overhaul of our football club.

However, Levy can talk about “200m net spend” all he wants - the lion’s share of that was the last windows. The team has been criminally under invested over many years. So many times we’ve been close and needed a player or two. Needed a striker and got Saha. Spent money on players only to be duds.

He cannot say that spending will be affected with no CL but not spend on the players required to achieve said CL. You have to speculate to accumulate.

Yes, we’ve gone from continually being fleeced for our best players to holding onto them but this has also backfired, with players now worth nothing but needing replacement.

We can talk about record revenues and profits for us, but look at the other teams. Liverpool have lower profits but the owners are happy because they are getting sustained results and a legacy on the pitch. Our record revenue is going into Joe Lewis’ pockets whilst the team falls apart.

I’m not going to be “Enic Out” yet, but something needs to change and and ultimately starts with Levy. He is the first chain of everything that’s currently wrong. He needs to change his ways or go now. Enough is enough.

However, Levy can talk about “200m net spend” all he wants - the lion’s share of that was the last windows. The team has been criminally under invested over many years. So many times we’ve been close and needed a player or two. Needed a striker and got Saha. Spent money on players only to be duds.

Since ENIC have been in charge at Spurs in that twenty year period only five EPL clubs have spent more money on transfers ... care to name them ...

If we were criminally under invested every other club bar those five in the UK were savagely rapped and pillaged ... yes we should have spent money in 2017/18 but to pretend that over the last twenty years we haven't spent as much or more than 86 of the other professional clubs in the UK, that's just a myth.

You can only spend what you earn (unless you are a doped club) we are still in our first season at the new ground, we've just spent the most in one year that we've ever spent, have a bit of faith.

we have spent money, but those times when the window of opportunity open Levy failed to go for it
Saha & Nelson transfers (when harry wanted better players)
the Leicester season in Januray window we needed a striker to backup Kane or bring on when chasing game, we got no-one
then look at the money wasted on transfers, Janseen, 2 wingers from france NGK & the other feller, Sissoko (took 2 seasons to come go) Lorentte (hardy ever used) aurier ? if you were Levy what would think about hard earned cash down the toilet on transfers ?

Since ENIC have been in charge at Spurs in that twenty year period only five EPL clubs have spent more money on transfers ... care to name them ...

If we were criminally under invested every other club bar those five in the UK were savagely rapped and pillaged ... yes we should have spent money in 2017/18 but to pretend that over the last twenty years we haven't spent as much or more than 86 of the other professional clubs in the UK, that's just a myth.

You can only spend what you earn (unless you are a doped club) we are still in our first season at the new ground, we've just spent the most in one year that we've ever spent, have a bit of faith.
Regarding football dude it is impossible for Mr Levy to spend that money wisely to the benefit of the first 11.
I know you love the fella but football ain't his vibe.

His not going anywhere and I'm of the opinion whilst he could do much better and he could also do much worse so the best we can do is pressure pressure so he makes the right decisions.

I know many will say, how? Or like he gives a fuck what we say but this current stream of negativity and more than likely small protests alongside the media starting to get on his back will more than likely see him loosen the purse strings up in the summer. Not silly money but hopefully a chance for whoever is the manager to bring in a few players.

So sad, but so true :(

His only priority is fleecing the long term fans for as much as he can. Highest ticket prices and least games..... maybe will bring back 2 cup games next year for the supporters.

Executive premium seats have never sold out with CL. He’s fucked with EL or no Europe. Corporate want the CL music playing while entertaining clients.

And according to Levy the fans would rather see Skipp in midfield than Fernandes.

Fuck that.

I decided after Norwich game I’m done with my ST in a seat I don’t particularly like.
Instead now have a stamp duty account to put my football money in. Saving for my own next house move rather than pay for Levy’s shiny building.

Regarding football dude it is impossible for Mr Levy to spend that money wisely to the benefit of the first 11.
I know you love the fella but football ain't his vibe.
You are suggesting that Levy makes all the transfers ... if you believe that then no amount of common sense will ever change your view ... and that's fair enough if that's what you believe.

His only priority is fleecing the long term fans for as much as he can. Highest ticket prices and least games..... maybe will bring back 2 cup games next year for the supporters.

Executive premium seats have never sold out with CL. He’s fucked with EL or no Europe. Corporate want the CL music playing while entertaining clients.

And according to Levy the fans would rather see Skipp in midfield than Fernandes.

Fuck that.

I decided after Norwich game I’m done with my ST in a seat I don’t particularly like.
Instead now have a stamp duty account to put my football money in. Saving for my own next house move rather than pay for Levy’s shiny building.
Bye - another part time only here for the glory fan gone - let's hope a fan with a bit more backbone takes your place.

You know what. Yes, yes, billion pound stadium, world class training facilities and transformed from mid table obscurity to champions league regulars. Enic have overseen a complete overhaul of our football club.

He cannot say that spending will be affected with no CL but not spend on the players required to achieve said CL. You have to speculate to accumulate.

Yes, we’ve gone from continually being fleeced for our best players to holding onto them but this has also backfired, with players now worth nothing but needing replacement.

We can talk about record revenues and profits for us, but look at the other teams. Liverpool have lower profits but the owners are happy because they are getting sustained results and a legacy on the pitch. Our record revenue is going into Joe Lewis’ pockets whilst the team falls apart.

I’m not going to be “Enic Out” yet, but something needs to change and and ultimately starts with Levy. He is the first chain of everything that’s currently wrong. He needs to change his ways or go now. Enough is enough.
I wrote something very similar a while ago.

I am not anti ENIC either, but supporting them means accepting that we’ll never be an elite team, and ENIC will always be content with us being in the upper half of the table.

Back
Top Bottom