Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Funny that the rumours went along the lines of Poch wanting Eriksen, Vertonghen and Alderweireld sold as they were itching to get away and that it was rubbing off on the other players (poor mentality, painful rebuild etc.).

Vetoed by the higher ups who'd rather lose them for free (except they sold Eriksen anyway in January).

€15m difference and the player was all set to come here.

What about the Grealish deal? That one fucks me off too.

Its funny....at the time I remember everyone was furious that we were trying to sign Grealish.....it "lacked ambition" etc

Its funny....at the time I remember everyone was furious that we were trying to sign Grealish.....it "lacked ambition" etc
Everyone being who? He was clearly a top target that wanted to come and they fucked it up again. Young, homegrown, bound to increase in value.

The type of creativity that we are crying out for and GLC somehow doesn't seem to have despite spending far more on his transfer as a player who wasn't even accustomed to the league and supposedly being the replacement for one of our most important creative players.

What's Grealish worth now? Too dear for us anyway...an Aston Villa player too expensive for Tottenham. How the fuck did that happen?

The levy & ENIC fans are now trotting out the spending big doesn't have anything to do with success line. Sit back & work out how city & Chelsea have done so well. How munich & psg dominate their leagues. How no one besides Leicester has won the premiership without spending a lot.

There are far more instances where teams have spent loads and still been terrible

You will also note that Chelsea and City have also spent shitloads on their training grounds and academies

No club would have a high transfer net spend if they could avoid it

We need good players, not necessarily expensive players
As a proportion, we spend less of our turnover on the playing squad than all 19 other Premier League clubs.

And as a proportion, we spend more of our turnover on our CEO'S salary and bonus than all 19 other Premier League clubs.

Surely you can't be comfortable with this?

As a proportion, we spend less of our turnover on the playing squad than all 19 other Premier League clubs.

And as a proportion, we spend more on our CEO'S salary and bonus than the rest of the Premier League clubs.

Surely you can't be comfortable with this?

I'm not sure that's the case anymore

The figures showing that are pre Lo Celso, Ndombele, etc

This shows we have peaked under enic & on our way down & pretty much the same position we were in when they took over. Basically a mid table team who look miles away from winning anything.
They gave it their best shot but didnt have what it takes to take us to the next level.
Time to admit it was too much for them & let someone else have a crack at it.
They didn't give it their best shot. They do have what it takes. They just don't want to spend it. I almost never disagree with you Scott but in this case, I have to. Sorry.

Levy has missed out on key transfers at key moments because he refused to pay the fees.

Mane, Suarez, Fernandes, honestly the list goes on and on, I suggest you read this article as it highlights what the problem is.

They didn't give it their best shot. They do have what it takes. They just don't want to spend it. I almost never disagree with you Scott but in this case, I have to. Sorry.
I was being kind to them. You're right. They were unwilling to do what it takes (spend), as much as they were unable to, & just not good enough in general even when they do spend. I guess we partly agree on that one.

The levy & ENIC fans are now trotting out the spending big doesn't have anything to do with success line. Sit back & work out how city & Chelsea have done so well. How munich & psg dominate their leagues. How no one besides Leicester has won the premiership without spending a lot.
Levy cultist's I think I have spelt that right.

Levy has missed out on key transfers at key moments because he refused to pay the fees.

Mane, Suarez, Fernandes, honestly the list goes on and on, I suggest you read this article as it highlights what the problem is.

Redknapp turned down Suarez, he and Sherwood thought he was too similar to Van Der Vaart

Redknapp turned down Suarez, he and Sherwood thought he was too similar to Van Der Vaart
"Despite all that has happened in his career since, one of the biggest regrets of my life in management is not taking Luis Suarez to Tottenham when we had the chance," Redknapp said about Suarez.

"Ruud Gullit told me. 'You've got to take him, Harry. He's fantastic.' Yet all of our scouts' reports said that at Ajax he played wide off a striker, whereas we were looking for a proper front man.

"Just when I was on the verge of taking the plunge, the price went up. In the end he was sold for £22.8million to Liverpool. We wouldn't have paid that," the former Tottenham manager concluded.

Wrong, he didn't turn him down.

"Despite all that has happened in his career since, one of the biggest regrets of my life in management is not taking Luis Suarez to Tottenham when we had the chance.

"'You've got to take him, Harry,' Ruud Gullit told me. 'He's fantastic’.” Just when I was on the verge of taking the plunge, the price went up.

"In the end he was sold for £22.8million to Liverpool. We wouldn't have paid that."

He didn't sign him because ENIC and Levy wouldn't have paid the price to get him.

"Despite all that has happened in his career since, one of the biggest regrets of my life in management is not taking Luis Suarez to Tottenham when we had the chance," Redknapp said about Suarez.

"Ruud Gullit told me. 'You've got to take him, Harry. He's fantastic.' Yet all of our scouts' reports said that at Ajax he played wide off a striker, whereas we were looking for a proper front man.

"Just when I was on the verge of taking the plunge, the price went up. In the end he was sold for £22.8million to Liverpool. We wouldn't have paid that," the former Tottenham manager concluded.

Literally just posted the exact same thing LOL.

Champions League 4 seasons on the bounce + CL final appearance would imply that they already have taken us to the "next level".
If we go along with that then they are taking us down a few levels. In fact we are down a few levels since top 4 & CL final.

Wrong, he didn't turn him down.

"Despite all that has happened in his career since, one of the biggest regrets of my life in management is not taking Luis Suarez to Tottenham when we had the chance.

"'You've got to take him, Harry,' Ruud Gullit told me. 'He's fantastic’.” Just when I was on the verge of taking the plunge, the price went up.

"In the end he was sold for £22.8million to Liverpool. We wouldn't have paid that."

He didn't sign him because ENIC and Levy wouldn't have paid the price to get him.
The stories just get better

Pretty sure Joe Lewis's daughter is involved somewhere - Levy's son is a director of another Lewis owned company

I think the club is just going to be passed on to the next generation

Levy himself will probably outsee every other person currently employed by the club
Saddest thing I’ve ever read

Pretty sure Joe Lewis's daughter is involved somewhere - Levy's son is a director of another Lewis owned company

I think the club is just going to be passed on to the next generation

Levy himself will probably outsee every other person currently employed by the club
Wow another 40 years of huge ticket prices, tight fistedness and mediocrity, I can't wait where do I sign up, can I cancel the trophy polisher as I can put him on very long term leave.

Back
Top Bottom