Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Now thankfully over the last year most people recognise that Levy has been somewhat of a stingy, snakey slaphead cunt.

But there's still many who take pride in their "mature" non partisan centrist view, that it was equally both Levy's and Pochs fault.

This is retarded.

Chef analogy once more.
You embark on a career as a competitive chef. You're hired by a boss whose job it is to provide you with the resources you need.
You're given shit equipment and some change for AIDS type ingredients. Shit utensils. The pans are sticky. The stove is uneven and liquid pools to one side. Your gourmet ingredients look like ass. You gamble and buy some obscure ingredients that are cheap in the hope they produce good flavours.

You work hard and produce magic. Going far in cooking competitions against chefs with far better ingredients and kitchen setups.
You lose in the final. Some cunt has the cheek to tell you that you could have made the meal a bit differently and won.

Apparently you're now equally at fault for the loss as the boss LOL. Some cunts who are claiming to be balanced and reasonable tell you that sure your boss was negligent and tied both hands behind your back, but you were the one cooking still. What the fuck kind of logic?

You're also told that you spent money (the change) so you can't complain as much. You argue that you didn't have enough to spend so had to take cheap punts on unknown foods. You're told once more, you spent badly period.

Get off the fucking fence.

Moaning about tactics/selection is retarded (seriously) when the guy had us punching above our weight for so long.

Same way moaning that plan C transfer fails were Poch's fault. If you're given money only good enough for cheap punts then that's what you sometimes have to do.

This was in the past but seeing that cunt on the doc talk about "heart ache" and "results" when the slimey fuck knew it was all a direct result of his actions makes me annoyed.

I'm guessing you have used this analogy before? Its utterly flawed, but definitely gives a few good sound bites. All restaurants in this town of your don't have the same status, aren't all he same size, don't all make the same money and dont all have the same resources. Also taking a club that in recent history could be compared to a greasy spoon cafe and elevating it to some fine dining set up you ignore the details.

Undoubtedly you will come back with cunt, fuck, blind bastard etc etc.... so knock urself out.

:mourbye:

Now thankfully over the last year most people recognise that Levy has been somewhat of a stingy, snakey slaphead cunt.
Not according to the poll above. You hate Levy, we get it, that's your opinion and you're fully entitled to it. But to continually go on the attack against fellow fans that don't hold your viewpoint or are ambivalent about him is a bit cuntish don't you think?
Just because some of us don't hate him with every fibre of our being like yourself, doesn't make us Levy arse lickers.
I'm a Poch fan but can recognize some of his failings and shortcomings unlike it seems yourself.
Punching above our weight in the year an inferior Leicester team/squad won the league is just bollocks.

I'm guessing you have used this analogy before? Its utterly flawed, but definitely gives a few good sound bites. All restaurants in this town of your don't have the same status, aren't all he same size, don't all make the same money and dont all have the same resources. Also taking a club that in recent history could be compared to a greasy spoon cafe and elevating it to some fine dining set up you ignore the details.

Undoubtedly you will come back with cunt, fuck, blind bastard etc etc.... so knock urself out.

:mourbye:
Financial reports and analysis suggest we're doing fine and even ex pros have said we can afford to spend more relative to our income. Regardless it's a fucking joke to have under invested to the extent we did with back to back title challenges and CL place finishes. To imply we did enough with our resources is gaslighting fit for a politician.

Levy wants it both ways and you can't see it.
We're a big club when it comes to charging high ticket prices.
A small club when it comes to spending.

If we're that broke/poor then obviously we need to accept that we're top 6/8, sell big players and make ticket prices reflect that.
But no we won't do that.

Not according to the poll above. You hate Levy, we get it, that's your opinion and you're fully entitled to it. But to continually go on the attack against fellow fans that don't hold your viewpoint or are ambivalent about him is a bit cuntish don't you think?
Just because some of us don't hate him with every fibre of our being like yourself, doesn't make us Levy arse lickers.
I'm a Poch fan but can recognize some of his failings and shortcomings unlike it seems yourself.
Punching above our weight in the year an inferior Leicester team/squad won the league is just bollocks.
We had europe that season otherwise we would have won. It was a great season.

I'm passionate about this because Levy is a cunt who cares about nothing but profit for ENIC. Our last few managers have all complained about not being backed. Levy has some kind of "one of us" fan status. Gross. He can't even pretend to be normal. "Nice jumper- is that cashmere?"

Financial reports and analysis suggest we're doing fine and even ex pros have said we can afford to spend more relative to our income. Regardless it's a fucking joke to have under invested to the extent we did with back to back title challenges and CL place finishes. To imply we did enough with our resources is gaslighting fit for a politician.

Levy wants it both ways and you can't see it.
We're a big club when it comes to charging high ticket prices.
A small club when it comes to spending.

If we're that broke/poor then obviously we need to accept that we're top 6/8, sell big players and make ticket prices reflect that.
But no we won't do that.

The stadium, the training ground all cost money. We seen in the summer now that the stadium was being used we splashed money twice and bumped up our wage budget. Now COVID sees to have massively scuppered us kicking on.

Levy has made some seriously mistakes granted, I wont deny that but I think ultimately he has done a good job in getting us where we are. The only way we will compete is with a billionaire owner with a dubious past. Yes Liverpool's owners have been fantastic and done it the "right way" but remember they didn't have to improve the stature of Liverpool one bit.

The stadium, the training ground all cost money. We seen in the summer now that the stadium was being used we splashed money twice and bumped up our wage budget. Now COVID sees to have massively scuppered us kicking on.

Levy has made some seriously mistakes granted, I wont deny that but I think ultimately he has done a good job in getting us where we are. The only way we will compete is with a billionaire owner with a dubious past. Yes Liverpool's owners have been fantastic and done it the "right way" but remember they didn't have to improve the stature of Liverpool one bit.
I've had this convo with people many times.
I ask how long they're willing to give Levy/the project etc.
Most say they expect the good days to be right around the corner, right after we get past this one last hurdle...

How many more years will you give it? 5? 10? 20?

It's literally like governments who flat out lie to you and you only finally see the truth when it's legally required after 50 years or whatever have passed. & it's too late.

Most say they expect the good days to be right around the corner, right after we get past this one last hurdle...

It's literally like governments who flat out lie to you and you only finally see the truth when it's legally required after 50 years or whatever have passed. & it's too late.

So Levy sells, it could go either way, especially in the current climate. For every Saudi prince there has been a Learner, a Fernandes, a Venkys chicken family. We have no entitlement for success.

That's not what I asked mate

My answer is I don't know if you want me to be perfectly honest with you. I don't think anyone will currently pay the sum Levy or Joe would be demanding. Not many people want to buy a club that has been turned around at a high price, its usually a fixer upper money men go for.

My answer is I don't know if you want me to be perfectly honest with you. I don't think anyone will currently pay the sum Levy or Joe would be demanding. Not many people want to buy a club that has been turned around at a high price, its usually a fixer upper money men go for.
Sounds like you're already at the point where you've lost hope in Levy but you feel that it's unrealistic for any meaningful change to take place.

Sounds like you're already at the point where you've lost hope in Levy but you feel that it's unrealistic for any meaningful change to take place.

You could be right, I never thought ENIC would be the one who would lead us to league domination, but when you have City and Chelsea's resources who is?

You could be right, I never thought ENIC would be the one who would lead us to league domination, but when you have City and Chelsea's resources who is?
Maybe we'll never have the person/people to fund as much as those clubs.

But when you can afford to invest a bit more, surely if a situation arises where you've gotten lucky with a talented manager who has outperformed resources you should support him within all your means. Even from a pure business standpoint success on the pitch translates into more new fans and income.

Either way life is too short to be scared of the unknown in something as meaningless as football. Bring on chaos. Anything but this capitalist austerity laden purgatory.

As always it will go guckshit , no real chance of top 4 ( with the ok signings but inferior to others ,building on a declining team) . Definitely Boring football , maybe mouhrino sacked . Half of the Levy gang will jump ship , moan , even turn but Airfix will rally them . Even if he is a fuckwit cuvki , especially when it comes to understanding of geography , his relentless 24 hour support will keep many on line.
We all love the brother Airfix and geriatric sidekick halfwit grumpy John H , this forum would
collapse like Atlantis without his enternal endless , comedic
contribution of a 1000 posts a day . The brothers
must be mentioned in daily dispatches at the floating Enic HQ core of operations , surrounding by artwork of global excellence while Constantinople fulls to the savage ottoman hordes.
Our model will not compete for honours as every year it fails , it will never be built for any sustained success . Sorry dreamer dudes , even you know that way down.
Roll on another season what offers less in reality than other years . Sell to buy , prospects , lowish wages in most cases leaves us always the bridesmaid. Lonesome me awaits that miracle but the good lord is out of them . While others are outer sight as old Magna Grecia clever dude from Sicily
said " discourse is the normal" the water is calm before the eventual storm.
Exciting times brothers and sisters.

Dig it brother,
I ain't got anything upstairs compared to Carson's city finest but dude your train ain't even on the track . It don't matter friend as this place is overloaded with halfwits jackrabbits including you and me .
Just levelling man.

Reading your posts in the voice of hulk hogan or randy macho man remains a highlight of this forum.

tenor.gif

Basically it looks like Aurier and KWP will pay for Hoj and Doherty thus far which isn't that bad but hardly the bees knees as some on here would have you believe, if Aurier ends up staying that's a 15 million net spend.

Hopefully there are more incomings but we aren't being linked with anyone at all that is really going to push us on right now.

Another break even window outside of the top 10 or even 15 spenders is really going to put me fully in the Levy out camp.

Yeah every season they talk us up & other teams down. Tell us we will win stuff & levy/enic are taking us to the next level but always proven wrong. No reason to think we will go that top level this season either. Top 6 looks pretty good going with this squad. We have declined the last few years & peaked back then. Some don't want to admit they were wrong all along so will keep saying next season... just you wait & see.

Basically it looks like Aurier and KWP will pay for Hoj and Doherty thus far which isn't that bad but hardly the bees knees as some on here would have you believe, if Aurier ends up staying that's a 15 million net spend.

Hopefully there are more incomings but we aren't being linked with anyone at all that is really going to push us on right now.

Another break even window outside of the top 10 or even 15 spenders is really going to put me fully in the Levy out camp.

Ok window for a mid table team but nowhere near enough if we want to challenge the top teams. Poor & far too low spending once again. We needed at least 4 or 5 signings to close the gap. I like doherty & hoj seems ok. But not going to make a massive difference. I expect jose to blame the players & lack of signings when we have another average season. Until levy/enic go it will continue to be like this.

Back
Top Bottom