Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah every season they talk us up & other teams down. Tell us we will win stuff & levy/enic are taking us to the next level but always proven wrong. No reason to think we will go that top level this season either. Top 6 looks pretty good going with this squad. We have declined the last few years & peaked back then. Some don't want to admit they were wrong all along so will keep saying next season... just you wait & see.

The thing is, I would prefer ENIC staying but investing properly in the club and limiting Levy's role only to areas where he adds value and that add up to a remit one person can feasibly do.

If those things happen, I would take my chances on our future under ENIC than spinning the wheel of destiny under new ownership.

Those things did NOT happen between about 2010 and 2018. But more recent trends are positive in that regard. Let's see.

At the end of the day, fan moaning can be quite effective in ousting a manager, but is almost totally useless in getting an ownership group to sell, so really this ought to be more constructively considered as a pressure campaign to have ENIC and Levy improve in the pretty easily fixable areas in which they need to improve.

All of that said, if a sugar daddy comes along I wouldn't shed a single tear to see the back of Daniel's bald head. All I want is for the club to win.

The thing is, I would prefer ENIC staying but investing properly in the club and limiting Levy's role only to areas where he adds value and that add up to a remit one person can feasibly do.

If those things happen, I would take my chances on our future under ENIC than spinning the wheel of destiny under new ownership.

Those things did NOT happen between about 2010 and 2018. But more recent trends are positive in that regard. Let's see.

At the end of the day, fan moaning can be quite effective in ousting a manager, but is almost totally useless in getting an ownership group to sell, so really this ought to be more constructively considered as a pressure campaign to have ENIC and Levy improve in the pretty easily fixable areas in which they need to improve.

All of that said, if a sugar daddy comes along I wouldn't shed a single tear to see the back of Daniel's bald head. All I want is for the club to win.

Yeah, I don't think they will sell anytime soon unfortunately. So our best hope is they change their ways. But I think they will always put profit before success & levy will continue to be a control freak. Another low investment window unless things change. Same old, same old.

I'm convinced if this poll was started today the result would be much closer.

However, as I've never been one to take satisfaction in being proved right, I'll leave it standing.

BUT. I understand how difficult it must be for some of the die hard Levy fans to change their vote. It's a huge leap, I know.

So. I've added a half way house. A safe haven where you can express your concerns without going the whole hoot. You can sit on the fence.
Or even if a few Levy outers are starting to feel some love for the little guy you can move there too.

And remember it's anonymous. No need to fear the cult on your case if you do the right thing.

Its all yours guys

I'm convinced if this poll was started today the result would be much closer.

However, as I've never been one to take satisfaction in being proved right, I'll leave it standing.

BUT. I understand how difficult it must be for some of the die hard Levy fans to change their vote. It's a huge leap, I know.

So. I've added a half way house. A safe haven where you can express your concerns without going the whole hoot. You can sit on the fence.
Or even if a few Levy outers are starting to feel some love for the little guy you can move there too.

And remember it's anonymous. No need to fear the cult on your case if you do the right thing.

Its all yours guys
I've changed my vote to "not sure", here's why.

Do I think we need and should buy better players ? Yes
Do I understand (in the last 5 years) why we haven't ? Yes. (new stadium, covid etc)

I'm just not sure we would get an owner that would be willing to invest large amounts of his own money to improve the team. If the new owner puts it as a loan against the club (they definitely would) and it all goes tits up, where does that leave us ? Or worse someone who actually does take large amounts of money out of the club, like Utd,

I suppose it's a fear thing. Anyway, I've gone for "not sure".

Do I understand (in the last 5 years) why we haven't ? Yes. (new stadium, covid etc)

I'm just not sure we would get an owner that would be willing to invest large amounts of his own money to improve the team. If the new owner puts it as a loan against the club (they definitely would) and it all goes tits up, where does that leave us ? Or worse someone who actually does take large amounts of money out of the club, like Utd,

Good man.

:adesalute:

It's not 5 years it's at least 10

I have come to the belief if Daniel Levy neglected his kids the way he’s neglected this squad of players social services would have gotten involved already.....

Backed this man for years, but staring at what we have become and let’s not kid ourselves he’s spent some money, just on the wrong players at the wrong time, I’m fairly certain I’m about done with his Chairmanship....time to change direction I feel.....

I have come to the belief if Daniel Levy neglected his kids the way he’s neglected this squad of players social services would have gotten involved already.....

Backed this man for years, but staring at what we have become and let’s not kid ourselves he’s spent some money, just on the wrong players at the wrong time, I’m fairly certain I’m about done with his Chairmanship....time to change direction I feel.....
But what can he do damned if he does damned if he doesn’t spends 57million on N’dombele and has been hammered goes for the cheaper consistent option again gets hammered for not buying a higher profile player ....all to a man has said on here that paying a player 300k a week is obscene me included but again we’re cutting our options down other teams are willing to pay that, unfortunately

But what can he do damned if he does damned if he doesn’t spends 57million on N’dombele and has been hammered goes for the cheaper consistent option again gets hammered for not buying a higher profile player ....all to a man has said on here that paying a player 300k a week is obscene me included but again we’re cutting our options down other teams are willing to pay that, unfortunately
I did say he’s spent money, he’s just spent it on the wrong players at the wrong time....Is it directly his fault? Probably not, but fuck me he’s they guy who employees the guy to go find players, and a blind man can see those players are just not happening.....the minute Pochettino said to change his title from manager to head coach should have been enough of a red flag to suggest he had absolutely no say in who came into this club....
Mourinho is on record as saying he needs, he wants, a striker, he’s even on record as saying it shouldn’t be a “back up” striker....let’s see what that produces over the coming weeks. That will be a good indication of where our chairman and “his” employees ambition/ability lie....

My biggest complaint re ENIC/Levy is that he does spend money but on the wrong players.
Lets just say that in normal times our transfer budget is £100m (we've spent that over the last few transfer windows).
We should be buying 2 £50m - £60m players every year, instead of buying 3 or 4 £30m players a year.
It works out the same money wise. OK, every transfer is a "risk" but you lower the risk by buying better players.

It's something I've been very consistent about on here.

I personally won't blame Levy for bad punts like Ndombele it happens to all teams, we can't use that as an excuse to never buy anyone else tho, is his refusal to take a hit on the player that irks me, Vincent Janssen a the n'useless players stuck around for ages as has Pamela, off them at a loss and go again FFS

I can't see why Enic would sell the club. It's a license to print money for them. Who would be prepared to buy us and would they commit to building a trophy winning side? Or milk it for the long-run profits a la Enic.

I've got not affiliation to Enic and could give less than two fucks about Levy personally but i do think we're stuck with them.

Back
Top Bottom