Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
You think that is because they have no interest?

Given the choice you think that MBS wants Newcastle instead of a London based team?
Instead of the Yid Army, yes, it seems so. Do you have another non-factually based opinion that you are going to guarantee to me is a fact?

Instead of the Yid Army, yes, it seems so. Do you have another non-factually based opinion that you are going to guarantee to me is a fact?

Guarantee you as a fact?

Why do I have to have a guarantee of fact while you just get to go off of what suits your agenda.

Please show me the guaranteed fact that they have not inquired about Tottenham or that they prefer Newcastle over Tottenham.

Guarantee you as a fact?

Why do I have to have a guarantee of fact while you just get to go off of what suits your agenda.

Please show me the guaranteed fact that they have not inquired about Tottenham or that they prefer Newcastle over Tottenham.
The fact that there is no evidence of them enquiring about Spurs but plenty of evidence of them trying to buy Newcastle

Given the infrastructure and playing staff at the club, we have got to be so much more expensive than Newcastle. Man City weren’t the best or most expensive club to buy when Mansour got involved.

The fact that there is no evidence of them enquiring about Spurs but plenty of evidence of them trying to buy Newcastle

That is not fact of them being more interested in Newcastle that is proof that Mike Ashley is willing to sell his team to them.

Honestly you are going to try and promote the idea that given the choice between Newcastle and Spurs that MBS would prefer Newcastle? You think that is the more likely thing here and not that Newcastle is for sale while Spurs are not.

They can't buy Spurs is Levy isn't selling them. They can buy Newcastle when Ashley desperately wants to cash out for a big profit.

Given the infrastructure and playing staff at the club, we have got to be so much more expensive than Newcastle. Man City weren’t the best or most expensive club to buy when Mansour got involved.

You think the Saudis give a shit about how much the upfront cost of a team is?

Its peanuts. How much have they spent at City? or PSG? The total that they spend on transfers will quickly dwarf the cost between the two clubs.

They money the could make at Spurs versus Newcastle will also quickly make up the difference in price.

Plus the difference in being based in London versus Newcastle will have an impact on them being able to use the club as a vehicle for selling their country/companies/PR nonsense etc.

That is not fact of them being more interested in Newcastle that is proof that Mike Ashley is willing to sell his team to them.

Honestly you are going to try and promote the idea that given the choice between Newcastle and Spurs that MBS would prefer Newcastle? You think that is the more likely thing here and not that Newcastle is for sale while Spurs are not.

They can't buy Spurs is Levy isn't selling them. They can buy Newcastle when Ashley desperately wants to cash out for a big profit.
See above, the guy has already answered your question. You seem to be ignoring certain issues between Arabs and Jews too.

See above, the guy has already answered your question. You seem to be ignoring certain issues between Arabs and Jews too.

Which guy?

You think that MBS is not buying Spurs because Levy is Jewish? That is a major stretch of the imagination. Arabs do plenty of business with Jewish people all the time.

Except option A is not the plan that they have adopted at all. They have not come close to building responsibly and have repeatedly refused to build when necessary.

They are more of an option D:

Spend just enough to keep the team relevant, pocket a ton of cash, maximize the stadium not for the Football club but for their own revenues. Do not use those revenues to finance the improvement of the football club.

Liverpool didn't need their owners to spend money like fanboys. Leicester didn't have their owner spend money like a fanboy, Wolves haven't spent like fanboys to get ahead of us.

There is a massive gap between spending like Oil Sheiks and not spending a single penny for two straight transfer windows. There is a massive gap in buying Werner, Ziyech, Chillwell (allegedly), Onana (allegedly), Havertz (potentially) and having no viable starting DM's or back-up strikers.

Decisions that leave your club woefully short at key positions has nothing to do with responsible building at all.
Thats a great post.

Actually, I've no axe to grind with the fans of ENIC. Each to their own.

I just which they'd sometimes show a little humility and accept that some fans, a growing number of fans, don't share their take and maybe the Levy Out thread isn't for them.

That's where I have some respect for the likes of Airfixx Airfixx and a few others. They fundamentally disagree with the Levy Out momentum, so rarely visit a thread that serves no purpose to their beliefs.

If there was a Daniel Levy appreciation thread, I very much doubt I'd be a frequent visitor tbh.

If the Levy fanboys are happy that we proportionately spend less of our revenue on the football team than every other PL club, good for them

If they're comfortable with €NIC openly admitting they're only involved in football to make money and and exploit it's popularity then they'll never change their opinion.

If they don't mind our CEO criticising our fans for wanting more money spent on the team while earning a higher salary than his 19 Premier league counterparts then that's ok by me. Their prerogative I guess.

If they're ok with Pochettino getting zero support for 18 months leading to the squad deterioration we see today , fine.

But at the end of the day we're all Spurs, and we all want to see our team win trophies.

Maybe they should just accept that a lot of us genuinely believe our owners have shown they don't share that desire as much as they should do.

Thats a great post.

Actually, I've no axe to grind with the fans of ENIC. Each to their own.

I just which they'd sometimes show a little humility and accept that some fans, a growing number of fans, don't share their take and maybe the Levy Out thread isn't for them.

That's where I have some respect for the likes of Airfixx Airfixx and a few others. They fundamentally disagree with the Levy Out momentum, so rarely visit a thread that serves no purpose to their beliefs.

If there was a Daniel Levy appreciation thread, I very much doubt I'd be a frequent visitor tbh.

If the Levy fanboys are happy that we proportionately spend less of our revenue on the football team than every other PL club, good for them

If they're comfortable with €NIC openly admitting they're only involved in football to make money and and exploit it's popularity then they'll never change their opinion.

If they don't mind our CEO criticising our fans for wanting more money spent on the team while earning a higher salary than his 19 Premier league counterparts then that's ok by me. Their prerogative I guess.

If they're ok with Pochettino getting zero support for 18 months leading to the squad deterioration we see today , fine.

But at the end of the day we're all Spurs, and we all want to see our team win trophies.

Maybe they should just accept that a lot of us genuinely believe our owners have shown they don't share that desire enough as they should do.

I can kind of understand being ok or indifferent to Levy. The club seems to be in a better spot than it was in the 80's and 90's. I also understand that others have a different view of what they want from their football club so for some playing a good style is more important than winning, being ok is good enough etc. There are also many people that just couldnt be bothered to care about ownership good or bad.

What I don't get is someone trying to argue that he has done a miraculous job. Someone trying to argue that ENIC is not more concerned with money over wins. That Levy does everything necessary to win. Or that we wouldn't be better off with owners that want to win.

To me when all of those things are completely contradictory to the facts and reality I don't understand why they want to create a narrative that Levy is a good owner. To me it makes no sense and is total BS.

At least when fans overrate players or managers it makes some sense, but overrate an owner? Especially one as unlikable as Levy? It makes no sense.

You think the Saudis give a shit about how much the upfront cost of a team is?

Its peanuts. How much have they spent at City? or PSG? The total that they spend on transfers will quickly dwarf the cost between the two clubs.

They money the could make at Spurs versus Newcastle will also quickly make up the difference in price.

Plus the difference in being based in London versus Newcastle will have an impact on them being able to use the club as a vehicle for selling their country/companies/PR nonsense etc.

They would buy Man Utd if the upfront cost was no issue

I can kind of understand being ok or indifferent to Levy. The club seems to be in a better spot than it was in the 80's and 90's. I also understand that others have a different view of what they want from their football club so for some playing a good style is more important than winning, being ok is good enough etc. There are also many people that just couldnt be bothered to care about ownership good or bad.

What I don't get is someone trying to argue that he has done a miraculous job. Someone trying to argue that ENIC is not more concerned with money over wins. That Levy does everything necessary to win. Or that we wouldn't be better off with owners that want to win.

To me when all of those things are completely contradictory to the facts and reality I don't understand why they want to create a narrative that Levy is a good owner. To me it makes no sense and is total BS.

At least when fans overrate players or managers it makes some sense, but overrate an owner? Especially one as unlikable as Levy? It makes no sense.
There's no doubt that some guys on here seem to get genuinely upset by any criticism of the owners in general. And Daniel Levy in particular.

It's like a family member has been insulted.

Nobody at the club should be above criticism. Not the players, the coaches, the manager or the owners. Especially the owners.

You can just buy the debt and pretty much immediately own the club

I don't know enough about the set up of Manchester United but it seems by the pretty much comment that there may be other issues that the Saudi's don't want to deal with in buying that club.

Now thankfully over the last year most people recognise that Levy has been somewhat of a stingy, snakey slaphead cunt.

But there's still many who take pride in their "mature" non partisan centrist view, that it was equally both Levy's and Pochs fault.

This is retarded.

Chef analogy once more.
You embark on a career as a competitive chef. You're hired by a boss whose job it is to provide you with the resources you need.
You're given shit equipment and some change for AIDS type ingredients. Shit utensils. The pans are sticky. The stove is uneven and liquid pools to one side. Your gourmet ingredients look like ass. You gamble and buy some obscure ingredients that are cheap in the hope they produce good flavours.

You work hard and produce magic. Going far in cooking competitions against chefs with far better ingredients and kitchen setups.
You lose in the final. Some cunt has the cheek to tell you that you could have made the meal a bit differently and won.

Apparently you're now equally at fault for the loss as the boss LOL. Some cunts who are claiming to be balanced and reasonable tell you that sure your boss was negligent and tied both hands behind your back, but you were the one cooking still. What the fuck kind of logic?

You're also told that you spent money (the change) so you can't complain as much. You argue that you didn't have enough to spend so had to take cheap punts on unknown foods. You're told once more, you spent badly period.

Get off the fucking fence.

Moaning about tactics/selection is retarded (seriously) when the guy had us punching above our weight for so long.

Same way moaning that plan C transfer fails were Poch's fault. If you're given money only good enough for cheap punts then that's what you sometimes have to do.

This was in the past but seeing that cunt on the doc talk about "heart ache" and "results" when the slimey fuck knew it was all a direct result of his actions makes me annoyed.

Back
Top Bottom