Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Maybe, I honestly don't know, who does.

But even if we just take football on it's own, there is no doubt we have doubled (or there abouts) our match day revenue. With FFP you can only spend a percentage of revenue, so it can onlt be a good thing.
The stadium will never bring us up to the revenue levels of Utd and the Dippers but it will, and has, lessened the gap.
Very true we will never know but we go on but feelings brother.

I'm good friends with a family of trappers at Haines Junction. They came here and settled in 1923 from Konstantinople .A,E,K , Athens the k stands for Constantinople. Christian refugees from what what is now called Istanbul set up the club in Athens, they play in the colors of the Byzantine church , the patriarch are still in Istanbul /Constantinople.
Feeling their pain from over 20 years ago after ENIC took control from many conversations over the years , they regard them as the antichrist, pure greed and evil.
Since we don't have any football success and how they have treated others, then many of us feel they can never be trusted.

Nah, it's a football stadium that was designed and built so that it can be converted to hosting NFL and other events.
Oh really!

So our very own Head of Business development was telling fibs then

Tottenham’s new stadium to offer NFL a ‘permanent home’ in London

Its an NFL stadium and that's the key message. From the very start during the design phase we have had NFL in mind. The anchor tenant is Tottenham Hotspur but this is designed to be a permanent home for the NFL outside the United States.

Word for fucking word, baby. No spin, No bullshit.

Last edited:
Oh really!

So our very own Head of Business development was telling fibs then

Tottenham’s new stadium to offer NFL a ‘permanent home’ in London

Its an NFL stadium and that's the key message. From the very start during the design phase we have had NFL in mind. The anchor tenant is Tottenham Hotspur but this is designed to be a permanent home for the NFL outside the United States.

Word for fucking word, baby. No spin, No bullshit.
Even I must admit that doesn't look good.
The only thing I can say is that of course it was designed to be a "permanent home for the NFL", that's not in question. The first sentence though could be interpreted as saying "Its an NFL stadium " as in it is not ONLY a football stadium that can be used for NFL.

"So our very own Head of Business development was telling fibs then"

Maybe, after all you think our own manger was telling fibs when he said this;

"There's nobody to blame and say you could didn't do your job well or you could do better than you did. Not at all. Again, we don't want a striker to just help us now. We wants a striker to be good for our future, possible to play with Harry Kane together in the future. And with the difficulties of the market, it was very, very difficult to find [one]."

Word for fucking word baby.

Funny how you believe everything that suits your agenda and disbelieve everything that goes against it.

Fair do's though.
I'm really only clutching at straws on the stadium quote.
:mourthumb:

Has there been a single signing of a proven high profile, experienced star player under ENIC yet? I don't think there has been since we signed Klinsmann, maybe you could say Edgar Davids, but he wasn't great and well past his best in midfield at 32 and on a free of course.

Klinsmann was 29 when he signed, so I doubt he'd be signed under ENIC unless it was a free transfer.

Has there been a single signing of a proven high profile, experienced star player under ENIC yet? I don't think there has been since we signed Klinsmann, maybe you could say Edgar Davids, but he wasn't great and well past his best in midfield at 32 and on a free of course.

Klinsmann was 29 when he signed, so I doubt he'd be signed under ENIC unless it was a free transfer.
That is a very good point.

VDV

VDV is the nearest , had a reputation , impact
Nothing else in 20 years brother, just look at the Chavs they have had 1OOs and more cups than our history .
Levy doesn't think spending money on players has any impact on success as he kindly told us.
He's doesn't believe that himself .

I really think we're crying out for some top quality, experienced players in the squad, even 30+ if they're fit enough. A fresh outlook from someone who has done and achieved a lot in the game etc.

I just don't see them ever being signed under ENIC because of speculation on value and resale etc. Even a new Naybet would do me and we should be thinking of bigger stars tbh.

I really think we're crying out for some top quality, experienced players in the squad, even 30+ if they're fit enough. A fresh outlook from someone who has done and achieved a lot in the game etc.

I just don't see them ever being signed under ENIC because of speculation on value and resale etc. Even a new Naybet would do me and we should be thinking of bigger stars tbh.
I think Mou would agree with you. This transfer window could be interesting. BTW, NDombele probably was thought to be a huge signing. The fact that he’s been less of an impact than Ghaly is another debate...

It's a bit tenuous because you can frame this in different ways...

Gallas, world cup winner and league winner, arguably experienced..

Soldado, consistent performer in Spain and experienced campaigner

Llorente, another performer with a bunch of experience across Europe, won severl cups

Lloris, a world cup winning captain and goal keeper

Now the impact of the players is a mixed bag but these are examples of buying in experience.

It's a bit tenuous because you can frame this in different ways...

Gallas, world cup winner and league winner, arguably experienced..

Soldado, consistent performer in Spain and experienced campaigner

Llorente, another performer with a bunch of experience across Europe, won severl cups

Lloris, a world cup winning captain and goal keeper

Now the impact of the players is a mixed bag but these are examples of buying in experience.
None of those were that big of stars at the time, Lloris was 26 and barely had 30 caps in a French side in transition. He'd won two Cups in France and no leagues.

Gallas was a free transfer well on decline (10 years ago now), Soldado couldn't get in the Spanish side and didn't make the grade at Real (also was 27ish) and was a disaster.

Llorente was given a 2 year deal and we didn't even replace him, we miss a player like him tbh.

None of those players are stars and what proven experience do we have in the squad now? We've barely signed a top class, proven, experienced player that has won major trophies outside of Holland or were unwanted by their clubs.

None of those were that big of stars at the time, Lloris was 26 and barely had 30 caps in a French side in transition. He'd won two Cups in France and no leagues.

Gallas was a free transfer well on decline (10 years ago now), Soldado couldn't get in the Spanish side and didn't make the grade at Real (also was 27ish) and was a disaster.

Llorente was given a 2 year deal and we didn't even replace him, we miss a player like him tbh.

None of those players are stars and what proven experience do we have in the squad now? We've barely signed a top class, proven, experienced player that has won major trophies outside of Holland or were unwanted by their clubs.

We don’t have the money. We’d be better getting in a DOF, better scouting and going back to buying the best young talents as a way of competing with a talent young up and coming manager. Unless we get a sugar daddy we have to accept who we are.

another good shout from you.

Redknapp, apparently, dug his heels in over Scott Parker and he was right.
Not the most skillful player but exactly what we needed at the time.

Back
Top Bottom