Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apparently the manager did nothing wrong in the CL final.

But it was the chairman’s fault we lost it.

Scenes
Apparently the chairman is completely blameless in our recent history.

It’s all Pochettino's/Eriksen's/Dele's/Kane's fault

Or whoever your new scapegoat is - Ndombele isn't it?

Funny how simplification cuts both ways, eh?

Except, no one has said Levy is blameless. Not even Sammy.

Whereas, there are people in this thread that have said Levy is to blame for Lucas being dropped in the CL final.

I don't think he would and we could up with a similar scenario to the don howe one with Ozzie... ?

Wait.. what??? Don Howe was Ossie's DoF? Seriously?

I'd moved to Spain a couple of years before and relied on the odd day-old English newspaper, the World Service and my mum who used to send me newspaper clippings every week but I doin't remember this at all.

Say it isn't true!

Whereas, there are people in this thread that have said Levy is to blame for Lucas being dropped in the CL final.
I've never once seen Sammy explicitly put any fault at Levy's door. Maybe he has, but I've not been aware of it.

As for the latter part, that's clearly nuts.

My wider point, one I've said a few times, is that "blame" if such a thing exists - I prefer "responsibility" but maybe that's just semantic - never lies with one person or group, but is spead across all those involved

The 5 year block is there, it’s real, it happened🙄.....

You went on a rant about that tit that owns Chelsea and wishing you had him did you not?

No not a rant I merely pointed out the fact ( I’m told it’s was a fact), that he showed interest in us first but was for whatever reason allowed to redevelop Chelsea instead. As to your five year plan I’d-suggest that this squad of players have already peaked and that the rebuild will take longer than that and that this manager has lost his enthusiasm.

Last edited:
Wait.. what??? Don Howe was Ossie's DoF? Seriously?

I'd moved to Spain a couple of years before and relied on the odd day-old English newspaper, the World Service and my mum who used to send me newspaper clippings every week but I doin't remember this at all.

Say it isn't true!
Nooo,

It could be complete and utter bollocks but I remember all the papers reporting that Sugar wanted to bring him in as a defensive coach when Ozzie was going all out attack and he point blank refused and I maybe incorrect but it led to his firing.

Ndombele isn’t a scapegoat I simply said I haven’t seen any change in the way we play.
Have you?

In fact, we are marginally shitter this season, so I’m a little surprised that our new CM saviour hasn’t made a difference.

I don’t blame Ndombele I blame Poch. Here’s what I said about that:

He looks like another good player in a shit system to me
Scapegoat? Yeah alright then LOL

As for Poch, Dele, Kane and Eriksen of course they are responsible when they do shit things.
If a mechanic sets fire to a Lamborghini he’s fixing, is it the CEO’s fault?

I've never once seen Sammy explicitly put any blame at Levy's door. Maybe he has, but I'
Ndombele isn’t a scapegoat I simply said I haven’t seen any change in the way we play.
Have you?

In fact, we are marginally shitter this season, so I’m a little surprised that our new CM saviour hasn’t made a difference.

I don’t blame Ndombele I blame Poch. Here’s what I said about that:

Scapegoat? Yeah alright then LOL

As for Poch, Dele, Kane and Eriksen of course they are responsible when they do shit things.
If a mechanic sets fire to a Lamborghini he’s fixing, is it the CEO’s fault?
Good ignoring my wider point skills Sammy

I've never once seen Sammy explicitly put any fault at Levy's door. Maybe he has, but I've not been aware of it.
Levy is responsible for setting our process back 5 years by sacking Harry Redknapp.
I must have said that 100 times.

I’m not going to blame him for for not backing Poch though because 450M on 27 players in five years says that’s a complete load of fucking nonsense.

What Poch does with those players (eg not use half of them) isn’t the chairman’s fault.
He was building a training center and stadium for the best part of 15 years while constantly securing the most lucrative sponsorship deals in the game and cunts expect him to whack on a pair of boots and score our goals too?

Last edited:
No not a rant I merely pointed out the fact ( I’m told it’s was a fact), that he showed interest in us first but was for whatever reason allowed to redevelop Chelsea instead. As to your five year plan I’d-suggest that this squad of players have already peaked and that the rebuild will take longer than that and that this manager has lost his enthusiasm.
You could well be right but the next 5 years are critical regardless if it’s Pochettino or another gaffer.

As for that cunt at Chelsea, I remember all the talk at the time was he turned us down as he thought there was too much to do off the field, training ground was from the twilight zone, the stadium was too small and the Tottenham area was generally unappealing...So fuck him and is blood money, at least we got taken over in the end by someone who was prepared to put in the hard yards and put all of the above to rights!!

Roman will be long forgotten in West London and his legacy will be “he came, he bought, and he got bored” but the wee baldy mans legacy will stand for a 100 years, my grandkids grandkids will someday sit in the house Daniel built.

In the last 12 months we've moved into the 2nd biggest club stadium in the country, posted world record profits (WORLD RECORD!) finished 4th whilst having the 6th biggest finances available to us collectively and played in a Champions League final. We've also set contractual agreements that we have/ will be surpassing our previous transfer record TWICE in the same summer.

Genuinely some Spurs fans really fuck me off

In the last 12 months we've moved into the 2nd biggest club stadium in the country, posted world record profits (WORLD RECORD!) finished 4th whilst having the 6th biggest finances available to us collectively and played in a Champions League final. We've also set contractual agreements that we have/ will be surpassing our previous transfer record TWICE in the same summer.

Unless you have shares in Tottenham which you don't because Levy delisted Tottenham from the stock exchange about 10 years ago why do you give a fuck about world record profits?

Unless you have shares in Tottenham which you don't because Levy delisted Tottenham from the stock exchange about 10 years ago why do you give a fuck about world record profits?

I'll flip it for you. Would you rather we had made world record profits or world record losses? What would be better for our club and give us more space and scope to grow long term? Answer that and you'll find my answer.

You'll also see in my last line a slither of reasoning behind my desire for higher profits made. A commitment to breaking our record transfer fee TWICE in the same summer.

But Portsmouth won the FA cup, so they are a better run club

I'll flip it for you. Would you rather we had made world record profits or world record losses? What would be better for our club and give us more space and scope to grow long term? Answer that and you'll find my answer.

Well obviously I want the club to be sustainable otherwise I probably don't have a club to support for long if they are making world record losses but I feel that's a vague answer because that's just one extreme to the other there is a fuck load of inbetween, I'd rather of broke even and seen a net spend of 100 million plus as my best case scenario.

In the last 12 months we've moved into the 2nd biggest club stadium in the country, posted world record profits (WORLD RECORD!)
Yes. But we posted those world record profits, along with Levy's world record salary, in the same summer we failed to deliver a single player for Poch to work with.
Don't you find that at least a little bit distasteful?
Surely it has to be Poch and his battle weary squad rather than Danie Levy that takes the credit for scrambling out yet another top 4 finish and reaching our first ever CL final under such circumstances.

Surely it has to be Poch and his battle weary squad rather than Danie Levy that takes the credit for scrambling out yet another top 4 finish and reaching our first ever CL final under such circumstances.
You mean that squad that you have been telling us for YEARS is not good enough whilst I've been saying this...

TRUST THIS FUCKING SQUAD!

AT ALL TIMES!

You don't get to claim credit on the squad you've told us is not good enough when they achieve something.

I told you after the no signing transfer window that these boys are good enough to achieve great things. You said they weren't.

You've never trusted this squad. You don't get to rewrite history now.

Yes. But we posted those world record profits, along with Levy's world record salary, in the same summer we failed to deliver a single player for Poch to work with.
Don't you find that at least a little bit distasteful?

I like you John but don't skew things for agendas mate. It's very well publicised that Levy got that payment due to a large chunk of it being a one off bonus payable after ten years of work invested into the stadium.

We also made it into the top four and all the way to a final that very same season that we didn't sign anyone which, let's be honest is more than any of us hoped or expected so how can we say Levy was wrong not to sign anyone that summer?

We have also committed to paying more this summer just gone than any other summer in our history based on the outlay thrown into us, just shy of £140m I believe so if Levy is open to scorning for the previous summer do we now lavish praise on him this time around?

We are a well run club, we mix both short term with long term interests, even if that means we miss out a little in the short term due to being practical about things. I honestly believe that the only reason we are anywhere near the level we currently are is largely down to Daniel Levy and what he's done over the last 10-15 years. People will disagree and point to the silverware as evidence of that and that's justifiable but I ask you this, if we had won as many League Cups as we had qualifications into the Champions League, do you think we would currently be able to spend the kind of money we are or have been on wages over the last few seasons?

I'm prepared to sacrifice a bit of glory for a while if it means our club can muscle in good and proper on the elite, not just continuously look over our shoulders and money in the bank and able to spend makes that a hell of a lot easier to achieve pal.

We all have our difference of opinions but personally I think our chairman runs the club well and with a spine. Liverpool came up short of winning the PL last year and squeezed us out in the final. How much did their chairman spend this summer in order to take that next step? Adrian on a free and a couple of 16 year olds for £1.7m or so I believe? I haven't heard much about them hitting the skids with their transfers in this time around so as I said, each will see it differently.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom