Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aye, Poch had a great eye for a signing. And was never backed.

Stambouli
Wimmer
Fazio
Janssen
Njie
Nkoudo
Llorente
Aurier

World beaters each and every one. And all for the bargain package price of around £100m plus wages and signing fees. If only we still had some of these Balon d’or candidates still in the squad, where could we be?

Probably about 15th in the league.

Stambouli - wasn't allowed anyone better made a profit on mediocrity

wimmer - has to go down as a great signing for Spurs

Fazio- decent player decent punt never worked out but not really a signing to ridicule

Janssen - shite Levy's should have moved on sooner

Njie-Nkoudou shite but again the lucky dip of the bargain bin Levy permitted him

Llorente - good stopgap was a decent enough signing

Aurier shite

Son -incredible signing
Dele incredible signing
Alderweireld incredible signing
Ben Davies decent signing

poch wasn't spectacular in the transfer market but a fair bit better than the picture you are painting and a much bigger asset to Spurs than Levy will ever be.

I don't know for certain who his first choice targets would have been. Neither do you chum.
But I think he deserves a bit more respect than crediting him with hammering on Levy's door and demanding likes of Stambouli, Fazio, N'koudou and N'jie etc.....
Your'e taking the fucking piss, now son. Talking out of your arse.

:harrylol:

Pipes is clearly trying to move up the ranks of the cult of Levy.

I don't know for certain who his first choice targets would have been. Neither do you chum.
But I think he deserves a bit more respect than crediting him with hammering on Levy's door and demanding likes of Stambouli, Fazio, N'koudou and N'jie etc.....
Your'e taking the fucking piss, now son. Talking out of your arse.

:harrylol:
Youve just stumbled upon the way to improve your posts. Use “I don’t know” a lot more. It would be preferable if you just didn’t post at all. But admitting you don’t know who our targets were and by definition admitting that these may have been our first choice targets, you are coming round to being a normal person instead of a complete fuckwit.

Although, if we are still mental enough to blame Levy for these signings, do we credit him for Sanchez, Sissoko, Son, Moura, Alderweireld, Dele, Dier, Wanyama, Foyth, Davies, Trippier? Oh, another £190m by the way. Fucking tightwad Levy.

You’re a fucking idiot. Son.

How about those that say not signing a single player for 18 months is not neglecting the squad.
Geezers like yourself. Is that a contradiction too?

It's like your'e saying because we may have spent a lot of money on 1 possible world class player in 1 transfer window we should close the book and pretend the previous 2 windows dont matter?

That's a bit silly really Sammy, isn't it mate. You used to be better than this

Because the squad was good enough to get top 4 and to a CL final with its back up.
Shame the manager played an injured player in the final instead of trusting the back up that was signed for him eh.

Youve just stumbled upon the way to improve your posts. Use “I don’t know” a lot more. It would be preferable if you just didn’t post at all. But admitting you don’t know who our targets were and by definition admitting that these may have been our first choice targets, you are coming round to being a normal person instead of a complete fuckwit.

Although, if we are still mental enough to blame Levy for these signings, do we credit him for Sanchez, Sissoko, Son, Moura, Alderweireld, Dele, Dier, Wanyama, Foyth, Davies, Trippier? Oh, another £190m by the way. Fucking tightwad Levy.

You’re a fucking idiot. Son.

Ok Daniel but did you spend that 190 million out of your own pocket or did you auction off some other assets to balance it out whilst making huge profits ?

Asking for a friend.

You claim to want better but laud failure and wear it like a badge of honour.
This is THFC....now let’s look at what you are cracking one off over.

Going toe to toe with Chelsea despite them winning a title, EL, FA Cup and Carabou in that time, going toe to toe with Woolwich despite them winning two FA Cups in Pochs time, losing the biggest game in the clubs history without a fight......but hey! The semi was a blast!!

You revel in losing, so no need to demand anything from you mate.
No. I hate losing.
We've had 20 years of losing mate but Poch had us going so close and had our rivals finally looking up to us in the table rather than looking down.
Didn't that make you feel just a little bit Proud, Sammy? Looking down on Woolwich and Chelsea?
I know I did. I found it invigorating.

But guess what, rather than backing Poch, the owners chose losing instead. They didn't share his vision of being brave and hey, here we are today. Losing again.

Why do you prefer to back losers, Sammy. You got that taste of what might have been with Poch but you backed the perrenial losers instead, mate. Why?

No. I hate losing.
We've had 20 years of losing mate but Poch had us going so close and had our rivals finally looking up to us in the table rather than looking down.
Didn't that make you feel just a little bit Proud, Sammy? Looking down on Woolwich and Chelsea?
I know I did. I found it invigorating.

But guess what, rather than backing Poch, the owners chose losing instead. They didn't share his vision of being brave and hey, here we are today. Losing again.

Why do you prefer to back losers, Sammy. You got that taste of what might have been with Poch but you backed the perrenial losers instead, mate. Why?

You’re a fraud John.....you felt so proud.
But apparently the squad was a load of old shit and Poch was shit on and never backed.

They were all garbage but only Poch got them into this legendary status you speak of with his miracles.

So full of fucking shit mate it’s pitiful....you backed a serial loser. We lost 5 semis and 2 finals.
You are on record as saying the domestics were down to Poch and his poor team selections and tactics.

Therefore, it’s not Levys fault we won fuck all.
It can’t be. You blamed the manager.

Let that sink in John. You blamed Poch for losing the FA’s and Carabous. I can dig up the posts AGAIN. Just fucking own it.

Give me strength, baby.!

So your'e crediting Levy with the signings above, and Pochettino with shite like Stambouli, N'koudou and Jansenn!!!!!

Fuck right off pal. . Let's stop this nonsense and just cut the crap.
Levy is the man. He holds the purse strings and has the final say on who comes and who goes. We both know that.
So lets look at the whole picture and quit this cherry picking bullshit.
The squad we have now is a threadbare. It has holes all over the place. It's an under-invested mess.
Blame Poch if it makes you feel good, but you know where the buck really stops, we all do.

Here you have John saying Poch cost us a trophy:

In the FA Cup semi defeat to Man Utd he played Vorm in goal ahead of Hugo. Simply on the basis he'd been our cup keeper up until that point.
It cost us the game. And on the back of 7 successive SF defeats, it was a shocking decision. One of the few times I've openly criticised Poch.
I felt more upset by that defeat than the CL final loss for some reason.

So it can’t be Levys fault we’ve won nothing under Pochs tenure

I think John should go and lie down.

Let that sink in John. You blamed Poch for losing the FA’s and Carabous. I can dig up the posts AGAIN. Just fucking own it.
Yep. Poch should have played his strongest team in the Semi against United.
He was cunt for playing Vorm instead of Hugo. A right fucking cunt.
Said it then and I'll say it now. Cun Cunt Cunt. My lips are moving as I type, Sammy.

Now. Will you own your past delusions?
Will you call Levy out for the cunt he is for completely neglecting the squad for 18 months?
Will you finally admit that this under invested mess of a squad is the consequence of that disgraced deriliction of duty?

Give me strength, baby.!

So your'e crediting Levy with the signings above, and Pochettino with shite like Stambouli, N'koudou and Jansenn!!!!!

Fuck right off pal. . Let's stop this nonsense and just cut the crap.
Levy is the man. He holds the purse strings and has the final say on who comes and who goes. We both know that.
So lets look at the whole picture and quit this cherry picking bullshit.
The squad we have now is a threadbare. It has holes all over the place. It's an under-invested mess.
Blame Poch if it makes you feel good, but you know where the buck really stops, we all do.
No I’m not doing that. Don’t you understand the most simple of points? Just realised I’m asking this of a man with the intelligence of a fucking orange.

If you think Poch should be credited with the good signings, he should be slated for the poor ones.
If you think Levy should be slated for the poor signings, he should be credited with the good ones.

You said Poch has a good eye for a player. I was pointing out with my original list that he didn’t really.

You then said these players weren’t Poch’s first choices.

You then said you didn’t know who his first choices were. So they might well have been his first choices.

So what you are actually saying is Poch wanted certain players, who you don’t know, but got shit ones instead and that’s Levy’s fault. But you are sure the good ones were down to Poch, as he’s got such a good eye?

You’ve not got a fucking clue what happens in the club, pal. Nor have I, but I don’t pretend I do. To listen to you, you‘d think you were living in the fucking boardroom.

Yep. Poch should have played his strongest team in the Semi against United.
He was cunt for playing Vorm instead of Hugo. A right fucking cunt.
Said it then and I'll say it now. Cun Cunt Cunt. My lips are moving as I type, Sammy.

Now. Will you own your past delusions?
Will you call Levy out for the cunt he is for completely neglecting the squad for 18 months?
Will you finally admit that this under invested mess of a squad is the consequence of that disgraced deriliction of duty?
I blame Poch not Levy for our lack of silverware under his tenure. Just like you do.
He had the squad.
You just admitted it.

Can I help John Thomas John Thomas ? Is there anyone I can call a cunt on your behalf?

And to everyone else, isn’t it brilliant that we’re now back at the level we were when we all started supporting Spurs? Personally, I’m delighted that I don’t look like a fucking entitled wanker any more. Feels good.

I blame Poch not Levy for our lack of silverware under his tenure. Just like you do.
He had the squad.
You just admitted it.
Do you blame Poch for our lack of silverware for 15 years before his tenure, too.

Or is that the fault of every other manager we had, but nothing to do with the owners that employed them.
Anyone but Levy, yeah. You just admitted it.

Poch nutured the squad. He took a decent squad on a shoestring and miraculously took it to within an inch of Champions league glory.

Didn't you sing with the rest of us..He's magic, you know.

Last edited:
if Levy doesn’t get active in this transfer window then I will admit I was probably wrong about him

My take is Enic could be a fantastic means to an end if they sold to football people in the next couple of years, if they hang around another ten years is it's because they are in it for the huge dividends and eventual pay off and possible NFL 🏈🏈 franchise/deal

Can I help John Thomas John Thomas ? Is there anyone I can call a cunt on your behalf?

And to everyone else, isn’t it brilliant that we’re now back at the level we were when we all started supporting Spurs? Personally, I’m delighted that I don’t look like a fucking entitled wanker any more. Feels good.

Respect to a fellow member of the Pochettino appreciation society.

:adesalute:

A man not a mouse

Do you blame Poch for our lack of silverware for 15 years before his tenure, too.

Or is that the fault of every other manager we had, but nothing to do with the owners that employed them.
Anyone but Levy, yeah. You just admitted it.

Poch nutured the squad. He took a decent squad on a shoestring and miraculously took it to within an inch of Champions league glory.

Didn't you sing with the rest of us..He's magic, you know.
You blamed him for not winning silverware and I agree with you that under his tenure, it was down to the manager we didn’t win anything

Back
Top Bottom