Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
You blamed him for not winning silverware and I agree with you that under his tenure, it was down to the manager we didn’t win anything
I cunted him for his team selection for the FA cup semi. I guess we all have different views on team selection though don't we, Sammy.

I'm happy to praise Poch and equally prepared to criticise him too. See the difference? I'm not drunk on an unhealthy devotion to one man like you.

Now, back to the question you're avoiding. Your'e keen to call Poch out as another managerial flop. But who do you blame for the lack of silverware for the previous 15 years. The long list of managers, or the chairman who employed them and funded their squads

Last edited:
No. I hate losing.
We've had 20 years of losing mate but Poch had us going so close and had our rivals finally looking up to us in the table rather than looking down.
Didn't that make you feel just a little bit Proud, Sammy? Looking down on Woolwich and Chelsea?
I know I did. I found it invigorating.

But guess what, rather than backing Poch, the owners chose losing instead. They didn't share his vision of being brave and hey, here we are today. Losing again.

Why do you prefer to back losers, Sammy. You got that taste of what might have been with Poch but you backed the perrenial losers instead, mate. Why?

José is a proven winner though

Go figure

I cunted him for his team selection for the FA cup semi. I guess we all have different views on team selection though don't we, Sammy.

I'm happy to praise Poch and equally prepared to criticise him too. See the difference? I'm not drunk on an unhealthy devotion to one man like you.

Now, back to the question you're avoiding. Your'e keen to call Poch out as another managerial flop. But who do you blame for the lack of silverware for the previous 15 years. The long list of managers, or the chairman who employed them and funded their squads
I’m glad you admit that UNDER POCHS TENURE he had the squad to win silverware but his poor managerial choices cost us.
I agree with you on that.

I’m glad you admit that UNDER POCHS TENURE he had the squad to win silverware but his poor managerial choices cost us.
I agree with you on that.

Poch is by far the best manager we've had in the PL era and done a fantastic job at Spurs, if he was backed financially at key moments who knows what he could have achieved, stop trying to shit on the bloke that gave us so much, Levy ain't gonna pay you bro!

Poch is by far the best manager we've had in the PL era and done a fantastic job at Spurs, if he was backed financially at key moments who knows what he could have achieved, stop trying to shit on the bloke that gave us so much, Levy ain't gonna pay you bro!
People keep moving the goal posts.

I don’t give a shit about before Poch as John keeps bringing up or the 2018 window with regards to the discussion on how we failed to win a trophy due to managerial decisions.

The fact is we lost 2 finals and 5 semis under Poch at a time John claims we were “toe to toe” with Chelsea who won 4 trophies in Pochs tenure.
John also blames Pochs managerial decisions.....a “shocking decision which cost us the game” (HIS words) for our lack of silverware under Pochs era.
Therefore his argument that it’s Levys fault is null and void.

If you think our squad at its peak wasn’t good enough to win a Carabou or FA cup then good for you mate.
If you think Leicester invested more and had better players than a peak Lloris, Kane, Jan, Toby, Wanyama, Dier, Walker, Rose, Dele, Eriksen and Lamela then fucking good for you.

If you revel in losing, then lay off Levy, because that’s what you’ve been given under Poch.

Last edited:
1 League cup in 19 years under Levy's chairmanship. Lovely stadium and training ground though
Another one missing the point of where we were when he took over.
No one expected trophies for the first ten years of his tenure. We genuinely asked ourselves if we’d see top 4 in our lifetime.

That leaves 9 years, of which Poch was in charge for 5.5 of them. But the best manager since Bill Nic couldn’t win anything with the best squad since Bill Nic.
Laughable.

Has anyone seen Avengers etc? I liken our CL cup run last year to holding an infinity stone. We were too weak and it has destroyed us.

Liverpool could hold it, and they improved - they built the guantlet - and won it the next season. This season they will be Champions.

And us? We tried to hold it. But we were weak. It ripped us apart and left the husk of a team that were never quite good enough to win anything. Now, we are miles from winning anything.

Levy - Sell us to MBS!! He may be a murderer and nuts, but fuck it, he'll spend money.

Get in Bale. Get in 4 or 5 decent players in Jan and you MIGHT scrape into top 4.

How we have fallen.

MBS?

No one expected trophies for the first ten years of his tenure. We genuinely asked ourselves if we’d see top 4 in our lifetime.
Why should we not have expected a single trophy in Levy's first 10 years?
That had never happened in the clubs previuos 120 year history!!
Your'e devotion to this guy is unnerving, Sammy. It's not normal.

groundhogs-day.jpg

You blamed him for not winning silverware and I agree with you that under his tenure, it was down to the manager we didn’t win anything
No. I cunted him for playing a shite goalkeeper in the semi.
Your'e saying Spurs fans have no right to expect a single trophy in a decade.
Or more than 1 league cup in 2 decades.
That's an apalling position to take, You should be ashamed of yourself.

Last edited:
How can you say shit like this and honestly expect people to take you seriously?
At least he finally admits that Poch can't be held responsible for our abysmal trophy record from 2000 - 2015. Thats some progress, I guess.

He agrees with me that Levy must be held accountable for that, even though he's now saying we have no right, as fans, to expect trophies anyway!!!!

He's clearly doesn't know his history. But maybe we can forgive that.

Why should we not have expected a single trophy in Levy's first 10 years?
That had never happened in the clubs previuos 120 year history!!
Your'e devotion to this guy is unnerving, Sammy. It's not normal.
We won a trophy in his first ten years John.
I didn’t say we had no right to expect one, simply that we didn’t.

That leaves 9 years, of which Poch was in charge for 5.5 of them. But the best manager since Bill Nic couldn’t win anything with the best squad since Bill Nic.
Laughable.

What a load of bollocks

The only thing laughable is your constant defence of Levy. You must be his son

How can you say shit like this and honestly expect people to take you seriously?
Here I’ll spell it out for you TFC people who think your words don’t have to have consequence:

John said we didn’t win domestics under Poch due to Pochs management and tactics.

Therefore lack of silverware under Poch wasn’t due to the squad and Chairman.

But go ahead and pretend that doesn’t make any sense to you, because that’s what you do on here isn’t it. Say something, like for example, “Eriksen is the most productive midfielder in Europe, our best player, should be kept at any cost, and paid whatever he wants”

Then after three months, demand he’s shipped off and never wear the shirt again.
That’s TFC. Then you cry when held to account.

Back
Top Bottom