#LEVYout?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Ah, transfer windows? Don’t you just love them? There I was, like many Spurs fans, biting my nails as the clock ticked towards 11:00pm on January 31st 2013. We’re going to sign someone! Yes! It has been foretold. The “In The Knows” have told us so! 95% chance! The Damaio deal is off, no it’s on, no it’s off, but wait, it’s definitely on!!!! Negredo too!! At least forty five back up plans if it doesn’t come to pass! Sound [...]

Continue reading...

Take the bad with the good in regards to Levy. Right now the good far outweighs the bad.

Yet I can see why people are upset. Must remember emotions get high in regards to things people love. These people slamming Levy love Tottenham. They just need to find more positive ways to show this love towards the club

A big factor when it comes to the fans and their views on Levy is what they deem an acceptable way to get glory. one guy I tweeted said he wants a sheikh billionaire to come in and "spend, spend, spend" as that is apparently the only way to get CL and win the PL, which I disagreed with and I saw some others disagree with as well. If you only care/think about the short-term future of the club then that's fair enough but if you think of the long-term a billionaire could do a lot more damage than it's worth for a few years of "glory".

A big factor when it comes to the fans and their views on Levy is what they deem an acceptable way to get glory. one guy I tweeted said he wants a sheikh billionaire to come in and "spend, spend, spend" as that is apparently the only way to get CL and win the PL, which I disagreed with and I saw some others disagree with as well. If you only care/think about the short-term future of the club then that's fair enough but if you think of the long-term a billionaire could do a lot more damage than it's worth for a few years of "glory".

I can't wait for Man City & Chelsea to spontaneously combust... might not be any day soon, but if we're all patient, it will come... and I fully intend to be there the day it does!

I had no idea buying players immediately meant that we're going the way of Leeds, seems to be the buzz term when we emerge from transfer windows empty handed. The January market is inflated but I still think we could've unearthed a gem here or there at the right price.

City are positioning themselves a lot better than Chelsea to capitalise on this initial burst of money.

Both them and Chelsea will one day have to survive without the money, but City are actively promoting themselves around the world and putting in place an infrastructure to support themselves when the money vanishes.

It's all about maximising exposure while the money is there and hoping your profile is high enough to sustain or come close to sustaining your expenditure once the money dries up.

Seen some RIDICULOUS things on twitter under the Levyout tag. I try to pride myself on supporting a club with levelheaded supporters, but i guess there's going to be dickheads in any group of people no matter what connects them.

Qpr have had a succession of Billionaire owners, and they're a fucking mess right now.

Which, makes you realise just how good Levy is i guess, because Harry could've run riot and maybe got us 3rd (although i doubt it) but we'd be fucked financially.

id rather have the bigger stadium, thats the thing thats truly holding us back at the minute. We cant compete without it. We're punching well above our weight as it is.

Seen some RIDICULOUS things on twitter under the Levyout tag. I try to pride myself on supporting a club with levelheaded supporters, but i guess there's going to be dickheads in any group of people no matter what connects them.

Qpr have had a succession of Billionaire owners, and they're a fucking mess right now.

Which, makes you realise just how good Levy is i guess, because Harry could've run riot and maybe got us 3rd (although i doubt it) but we'd be fucked financially.

id rather have the bigger stadium, thats the thing thats truly holding us back at the minute. We cant compete without it. We're punching well above our weight as it is.

Exactly, when we have the Stadium, and when we have paid for it, then, maybe then we might be able to sign Damiao...

From Anzhi Makhachkala

On a Bosman

As a 35 Year old back up striker

:baletroll:

I can imagine it now.

"It's the 94th minute, in the first NLD at the Starbucks stadium, 53 year old Brad Friedel lumps it forward, surely this is the last attack of the game? It falls To Leandro Donaeo, he's got lisa left eye lopes to his right, Harry kane to his left, he takes a touch.. OOOOOH WHAT A GOAL WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT."

I had no idea buying players immediately meant that we're going the way of Leeds, seems to be the buzz term when we emerge from transfer windows empty handed. The January market is inflated but I still think we could've unearthed a gem here or there at the right price.

I'm seriously beginning to think you are the only one who knows their onions on here.

I smell Spursiness on you

"If Levy had any ambition we would be making these signings"

guy-jumps-out-of-window-suddenly.gif

I certainly hope no one is complaining that Levy "doesn't make moves". For fun, I decided to have a look at our roster for Real Madrid away, which was, as you all recall, not even two years ago.

Our starters: Gomes, Ćorluka, Gallas, Dawson, BAE, Jenas, Sandro, Modrić, Bale, van der Vaart, Crouch.

Our subs: Cudicini, Huddlestone, Pavlyuchenko, Defoe, Bassong, Kranjčar, (Lennon)

Of the 17 players named to the squad, nine have left (with Gomes—the tenth—away on loan)!

Back
Top Bottom