Lewis Holtby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Holtby and Eriksen are actually must starts for me. Holtby in CAM and Eriksen at LW

Roll with Siggy off the bench and lets not forget that sweet goal off the bench at the Bridge

Not opposed to this at all. However, I think it much more likely Eriksen starts and Holtby comes on if we aren't making a breakthrough.

Knowing AVB, your more then likely right.

But Siggy and Townsend on both sides vs a quality side like CFC makes no sense

I think there's a very realistic chance of seeing Lamela on the right. He's already shown an uncanny ability in his situation to create havoc and holes in defenses. Just a quick tangent, but I think AVB is absolutely right about this kid. Once he settles and preferably bulks up a bit, he is going to be an absolute stud. The full ninety he received today is interesting especially in the context of the left wing splitting time. I'm hoping it was for the purpose of giving Lamela as much time as possible with the squad as well as improving fitness. I could very well just be reading something out of nothing of course. But having Townsend and/or Siggy/Chadli come on late if we haven't taken a lead or fall behind could cause some major problems to a tired back-line. My prediction is Siggy on left and Lamela on the right, with Eriksen in the middle.

I think there's a very realistic chance of seeing Lamela on the right. He's already shown an uncanny ability in his situation to create havoc and holes in defenses. Just a quick tangent, but I think AVB is absolutely right about this kid. Once he settles and preferably bulks up a bit, he is going to be an absolute stud. The full ninety he received today is interesting especially in the context of the left wing splitting time. I'm hoping it was for the purpose of giving Lamela as much time as possible with the squad as well as improving fitness. I could very well just be reading something out of nothing of course. But having Townsend and/or Siggy/Chadli come on late if we haven't taken a lead or fall behind could cause some major problems to a tired back-line. My prediction is Siggy on left and Lamela on the right, with Eriksen in the middle.

Yeah, I feel you. Lamela getting the full 90 aint no big deal. He is young and has plenty of stamina

Eriksen has to play no.10 or not at all.
I know what you're saying but I would've said the same about Siggy before we moved him out left, and now he's doing ok out there. So I really don't know I guess.

Whoever plays on the left will drift center and vice versa so it may not be that big a deal. Eriksen has drifted wide a lot already to link up play.

I know what you're saying but I would've said the same about Siggy before we moved him out left, and now he's doing ok out there. So I really don't know I guess.

Whoever plays on the left will drift center and vice versa so it may not be that big a deal. Eriksen has drifted
wide a lot already to link up play.
That's what I'm yapping about. Good stuff

I don't see AVB playing a new player out of position against Chelsea. Eriksen has never played wing with this team, I don't think he's even played wing much for Ajax. A huge game against Chelsea isn't time for experimenting. I think we'll see Siggy on the left, Eriksen in the middle, and Lamela on the right.

I don't see AVB playing a new player out of position against Chelsea. Eriksen has never played wing with this team, I don't think he's even played wing much for Ajax. A huge game against Chelsea isn't time for experimenting. I think we'll see Siggy on the left, Eriksen in the middle, and Lamela on the right.

While I agree with your statements here, including that Eriksen did not play wing for Ajax, he did use the left side of the field frequently to create from. If you look at any of his highlight films, you see a lot of takes of him moving into space on the left side and cutting back in once his teammates have arrived. But you're right, Chelsea at home is a bad scenario to experiment regardless of the quality of players.

I think the only way we'll see the two start together is if we ever do actually move to a 4-3-3. A triangular midfield of Capoue holding, with Eriksen and Holtby attacking would be incredibly dynamic. Would be a very "continental" approach to the 4-3-3. Highly doubt we'd ever see it, especially with how quality our box-to-box mids in Dembele and Paulinho are, but gyadddamn would that be fun to watch.

Sexy time!

Screen+Shot+2013-09-25+at+00.58.02.png

Holtby and Eriksen are actually must starts for me. Holtby in CAM and Eriksen at LW

Roll with Siggy off the bench and lets not forget that sweet goal off the bench at the Bridge

We have more players that deserve to start than can fit in the team. Probably the greatest "problem" to have as a manager.

Which beast shall i pick today.

Fuck we are mint.

Lucky Lewis is finally starting to show the form that was expected of him when we signed him from Schalke. If anything I think he would be better suited out on the left as he has the experience of playing across the midfield. Didn't he play out wide left for both Aachen and VfL Bochum during his early career? Either way he's played really well this season and I think he would be the sub to turn to if our starting midfield cannot find a way through. He would be a direct replacement for Eriksen in my book.

I really like his attitude and workrate, he seems to really love being at Spurs and he's got potential to be a future legend for us. Cannot wait for him to score his first league goal as you know he would properly celebrate it. Hopefully it'll be a last minute winner against the Chavs. Not to mention he's a bit of a looker! ha ha

:holtbytongue:

Back
Top Bottom