Liverpoo v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 31.03.19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

look, I know we're all sick right now, but we're going home.

Win the next 3 homes games and the momentum will be back - I reckon we'll win 5 and draw 1 out of the 7 matches in April - one month from now, we'll be guaranteed top 4 and in the CL semi-final. WHL will be a fortress, this season will have been a great one and this match today will be a vague and distant memory.

The dippers will be a comfortable second and out of the CL.
Believe.

Win 5 and draw 1? I just can’t see that happening mate at all, admire the optimism but that’s not going to happen, we have some pretty tough fixtures on the run in.

I think we will probably win 3, we will definitely lose to City imo.

Probably beat Palace, Huddersfield and Brighton, draw to the spammers, the rest depends on what Tottenham team turns up and if we can cut out the stupid mistakes.

Of course, we could have bought some class midfielders in the last two windows...

Everyone who laughed out loud out loud out loud at those who questioned the new stadium delays were bang on board with our radical not-sign-anybody policy. They screamed at the critics, "Admit you were wrong!"

I'll admit, I didn't think we'd be in this season. I was so wrong! Well done Levy and all concerned! I'm happy to admit I called it wrong, obviously.

Now, will any of you who said we didn't need to strengthen our midfield also admt you were wrong?

100% my gripe. Why do we only seem to play when we are chasing the game? When it's 0-0 why do we piss about in 2nd gear always? Burnley 1st half, Southampton 1st half we dominated but were so casual it's alarming. Got to go for the throats when we have moments to do so and we are to pretty and not sharp enough in the tooth. The team have hugely disappointed me today, they threw away something so important to the club and a few individuals should feel ashamed of themselves tonight. Flimsy with half chances, floaty crosses and senior players that shit themselves more than a toddler at the moment. We really need to grow up and grow our mentality, we seem to never learn
Our lesser players have fuck all to look up to for inspiration

Of course, we could have bought some class midfielders in the last two windows...

Everyone who laughed out loud out loud out loud at those who questioned the new stadium delays were bang on board with our radical not-sign-anybody policy. They screamed at the critics, "Admit you were wrong!"

I'll admit, I didn't think we'd be in this season. I was so wrong! Well done Levy and all concerned! I'm happy to admit I called it wrong, obviously.

Now, will any of you who said we didn't need to strengthen our midfield also admt you were wrong?

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦

At least we can look forward to Thursday nights against Qarabag in our new "nike stadium" outrageous ticket prices but have you seen the new pints? they're only £4.50 too! Of course any bad seasons in the future can be put down to the stadium "transitioning period" which will be the excuse for the next fucking decade. But believe in "the project" which we're yet to see the results of from the last fucking decade. The owners are rinsing your pockets dry and pulling the wool over your eyes, lining their own pockets so they can lounge about in super yachts in the bahamas. You think the new stadium is to help attract new players and push for titles?? is it fook.

He has been out all year. We have also switched our formation up since we no longer have a holding midfield and Dembele to control the midfield. He isn't playing off Kane's shoulder anymore so his goals are going to be fewer.
Yeah, and now we get to enjoy the rest of his game that was never really up to snuff. I get your point, and it is a good one, but it also shows that many, if not most, overrated him in the first place because of his stats. I have always appreciated his production but never rated his whole game and worry going forward if our intention is to make/play him as a proper MFer as his game and awareness has not improved as I had hoped.

...why doesn't Eriksen get the shot off quicker?
...why doesn't Sissoko hit the target?
...why doesn't Rose challenge Salah for that looping ball?
...why does Lloris spill the ball and then block Toby from clearing it off the line?
...why did we let Dembele go without finding a suitable replacement?
...why did we let 'Pool off the hook?
COYS

Tell me how is Poch fault that Sissoko miss a sitter? Or Eriksen isn't quick enough? Or Dele's ball going wide just a bit? Or Lloris making another big mistake that cost us a goal?

We didn't look well? Liverpool had massive chances? Don't dare to talk about previous games, I'm asking for this one.

I thought this was the managers job to get the right formation, to motivate the players, to give them confidence, to get them to peform to the required level.

But hey you’re right it has nothing to do with Pochettino just like none of those games were supposed to forget about now didn’t have anything to do with.

Thanks for informing me that manager isn’t responsible for results.

Whether he's offside or not that doesn't excuse the ineptitude of Hugo.
It's actually frightening how rapidly he's regressing. The blinding idiocy of some of the passes out from the back he gives would honestly make you question whether he's on the take.

I love the guy and how he's represented our club throughout his time here(drink driving aside), but we're kidding ourselves if we don't admit he's been an utter shambles for ages now.

And I honestly don't buy the "he saves us more than he costs us" line often rolled out. He makes some excellent stops sure, but most premier league keepers these days pull off the saves he does minus the horrendous gaffs he constantly makes.

The money that we need to spend on this squad in the summer we will not spend in the next 10 years
But we have a nice looking stadium so all good

Back
Top Bottom