Liverpoo v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 31.03.19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But we didn’t need to strengthen our midfield last summer because Demele, Dier and Wanyama were fit.
We had just finished 3rd, and by New Years could have gone 2pts off top, despite having to play with Winks and Sissoko all season.

Then we sold Dembele, and with the constant injuries a new CM and forward was paramount in the January window.

I’m not sure why you have tried to merge the situation we are in now, to the one we was in last August.

If Wanyama, Dembele and Dier had stayed fit and in form you wouldn’t be talking about new CMs.
Or do you think we needed cover for our first three options and should have predicted injuries to all three last summer?
And then there was thr Kane come back which was probably about 3 games premature when the team was just starting to play beautifully. He should have kept his mouth shut and focused on getting fully back in form.

Mate, please don't talk sh!t re: Sissoko.

He was fantastic today.

If our more celebrated players stood up we would have won so it's just too easy to slate the wrong players.

Overall Sissoko was OK today.

But if he has aspirations to being a top class midfielder, he would have buried that chance. He hasn't scored since the War. Shocking, and cost us the game, just like Lloris' mistake.

Unfortunately if the defence screws up it results in a goal.

Reminded me of Soldado in that he froze and the ball went right where I expected it to as he has no confidence in front of goal

I was praying he would hit it low with the outside of his left foot firmly
It didn’t need anything more than that with their shite keeper
But he just lashed at it
Sadly especially after he had done the hard work in his own half and led the break out

Unfortunately with a couple of the melts on here the defeat will all be down to him

It was a bad miss but what about Hugo?
Trippier
Eriksen
Salad being clearly offside

And why did we continue throughout that first half playing with that formation which clearly wasn’t working ?

Had to watch the game 30 mins behind and now thoroughly gutted losing a game we should have won
salah wasnt offside mate. Mane was in the middle of the 6 yard box, but as he never got near touching the ball its not given

But we didn’t need to strengthen our midfield last summer because Demele, Dier and Wanyama were fit.
We had just finished 3rd, and by New Years could have gone 2pts off top, despite having to play with Winks and Sissoko all season.

Then we sold Dembele, and with the constant injuries a new CM and forward was paramount in the January window.

I’m not sure why you have tried to merge the situation we are in now, to the one we was in last August.

If Wanyama, Dembele and Dier had stayed fit and in form you wouldn’t be talking about new CMs.
Or do you think we needed cover for our first three options and should have predicted injuries to all three last summer?

Yes we would. Those were never going to change many games. Even when fit dier was making mistakes. Dembele could get fit or play many games end of last season. We should have bought players on the back of finishing 3rd to try and challenge above. That should be the mentality. Not let's keep what we got and we can do it again. Either way the reason top 4 is under threat is about players not getting up for the small teams like Burnley, Southampton. Maybe Chelsea and Liverpool away were games we could drop points in anyway. Our form since beating Leicester is relegation form. Surely our squad is better then that??

I apologise it clearly has nothing to do with the manager and this run of results isn’t his fault.

I get it now : Poch is magic, this young team is destined for major things, the future is ours. Only fake spurs supporters would believe otherwise.
Haven't red single argument from you that makes sense. I'm done here. Go on with your pathetic rant at our manager.

That’s Lloris done for me.

I thought we were very uneven in the first half. Second we were the better side. 3 decent chances to take the lead all fluffed. It happens.

What also happens and keeps fucking happening is that Lloris is a liability.

It’s very hard to be Spurs at the moment. Wheels have totally come off and if it were not for the fancy new stadium this run would have gone seriously toxic.

I can’t imagine we will finish top 4 now. It’s fucking horrible to watch this all going wrong.

I still think we will finish top four but Poch needs to drop Hugo now and get Gazza in

He is a liability and yet he’s captain?

That’s down to Poch

I can't be arsed agueing with you Sammy because you're always right, even when you do a 180º mid-season and say we should have signed people.

You're in a tiny minority, that's OK too, but most of us feel that we put ourselves at a huge disadvantage by not strengthening in the summer
So you want people to admit they were wrong then mock them for changing their stance?

It’s simple for me. Our position by new year showed that the summer window was fine.
3rd, 5pts off top, in all 4 competitions.

For me, that’s ok.

Selling Dembele and not replacing him was not ok. But that happened in January, not August.

Haven't red single argument from you that makes sense. I'm done here. Go on with your pathetic rant at our manager.

I don't think our position is down to poch but he has to take responsibility for the bad as well as the good. The manager still picks Hugo mistake after mistake. If Salah had blasted a shot at Hugo fair enough but that was a slow ass header looping back. How he can't catch it is beyond me or just not do what he did. I agree it's down to the players.

When all is said and done individual errors have killed us this season. Mostly in the biggest of games. Manager and as fans we cant legislate for that. Again I'll say it until on blue in the face, comes down to too much rotation in the backline and playing 3 or 4 at the back every other week. Just play trippier Jan toby rose from now until the end of the season. Make players have to be good enough form to get a shirt. Poch wont though, rotation and Wednesday. Excellent second half just go with same team

Yes we would. Those were never going to change many games. Even when fit dier was making mistakes. Dembele could get fit or play many games end of last season. We should have bought players on the back of finishing 3rd to try and challenge above. That should be the mentality. Not let's keep what we got and we can do it again. Either way the reason top 4 is under threat is about players not getting up for the small teams like Burnley, Southampton. Maybe Chelsea and Liverpool away were games we could drop points in anyway. Our form since beating Leicester is relegation form. Surely our squad is better then that??

It’s weird that you point out losing to shit teams but feel that we needed a new midfield to avoid that.

I think our problems are elsewhere and not talent based personally.

Just so gutted. Could have taken defeat but not like that.
We played well in spells and should have buried the cunts.
Fuck football. Going on blackout til Wed.

Gutted. More confident making top 4 after today though. If we play like we did in the 2nd with steady possession and tactical flexibility, we will get the 16-18 points we need.

Can’t catch a break. Punished when we should be and punished when we shouldn’t. I’d say our luck has more than evened out.

It’s weird that you point out losing to shit teams but feel that we needed a new midfield to avoid that.

I think our problems are elsewhere and not talent based personally.

I think a relative lack of world class talent stops us being able to compete with Man City plus a flimsy and easily distracted set of players mean we can wobble inexplicably against dross.

That said it’s never been as bad as this with this set of players, they have all become too comfortable. This is where we needed new signings to bring freshness and competition to a squad that has aged suddenly and become complacent.

So you want people to admit they were wrong then mock them for changing their stance?

It’s simple for me. Our position by new year showed that the summer window was fine.
3rd, 5pts off top, in all 4 competitions.

For me, that’s ok.

Selling Dembele and not replacing him was not ok. But that happened in January, not August.
No, I don't want you to ask others to admit they were wrong without you admitting you were wrong.

We knew Dembele was toast in spring, let alone summer 2018. You ridiculed those of us who said so but then miraculously and seamlessly changed stance in January.

Whatever, most Spurs fans thought and sill think we should have moved to add to our midfield in the summer. You didn't.
I thought we wouldn't move into NWHL till next season.

I was wrong. Hurrah!

Yet to see you accept you were

Back
Top Bottom