Liverpool Away - 02 April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That was the Europa poisoned chalice game. Whoever won it finished 5th iirc? They were just better at losing than we were.
yes but H never took Europey seriously so it was never going to hamper a PL campaign. I'm happy to pay 20 to see the likes of Onomah and Winks on a Thursday evening, not Kane and Dembele. Hopefully that Dortmind match is the last time we ever play in that t0$$p0t competition.

yes but H never took Europey seriously so it was never going to hamper a PL campaign. I'm happy to pay 20 to see the likes of Onomah and Winks on a Thursday evening, not Kane and Dembele. Hopefully that Dortmind match is the last time we ever play in that t0$$p0t competition.

Agree. I love going to Europa games - I'm not so sure it's good for the club though.

Hate international breaks, looking forward to this game. Liverpool will be better next season but right now they have serious weaknesses despite some positive attributes too. I expect us to get three points here and maybe close the gap on Leicester.

Hate international breaks, looking forward to this game. Liverpool will be better next season but right now they have serious weaknesses despite some positive attributes too. I expect us to get three points here and maybe close the gap on Leicester.
Despite being terrified of this fixture going tits up, there are certainly reasons to be cheerful.

Yes, they can be good on the counter, but we currently boast the meanest defence in the land. Liverpool are currently looking abject in defence, and that may well give us a great opportunity to make them hurt.

Yes, we couldn't score against them in the 0-0, but I feel that was Klopp simply trying to not get beaten in his first game in charge. A draw wouldn't do them much good, especially at home, so here's hoping they try to play us properly (much like Bournemouth intended to).

Having said all that, Mignolet will probably have the game of his life and Benteke will dive theatrically to get a penalty.
:kanehand:

The Liverpool fans have a thread on their forum titled 'What, if anything, can we learn from Tottenham?'

Now some of the fans are genuinely complimenting our style of play, our manager and our squad. They all agree we have a better goal keeper, defence and midfield. I think they said Kane would walk into their team but likewise with Sturridge to ours, which if fit I would take him and Kane together.

Others however seem to think that we are riding pure luck this season and don't deserve to be where we are. Apparently they are much better than us and have the worst fans.. But ironic coming from the fucking Time Team.

The Liverpool fans have a thread on their forum titled 'What, if anything, can we learn from Tottenham?'

Now some of the fans are genuinely complimenting our style of play, our manager and our squad. They all agree we have a better goal keeper, defence and midfield. I think they said Kane would walk into their team but likewise with Sturridge to ours, which if fit I would take him and Kane together.

Others however seem to think that we are riding pure luck this season and don't deserve to be where we are. Apparently they are much better than us and have the worst fans.. But ironic coming from the fucking Time Team.

To be honest I thought the same about them in 2013-14. However normal service has been resumed. Hopefully we do not follow their trend, they did have the best player in the league then, whereas we have a collective group of excellent individuals now. Plus 5 out of the last 6 seasons we have finished well above them.

Revenge last years narrow defeat. We are a decent outfit so shouldnt get into the same old, play well , make mistake, lose scenario that seems to happen when we play these type of games.
Need this...big 3 points, big statement of intent, momentum and love here on the forum.
COYS.

So far away!

My principle concern is that Kane and Dier specifically, don't get overplayed by Uncle Roy. I suspect, as he did previously, he'll play Kane for an unnecessarily long period of time but the hope has to be that he tries to integrate Sturridge (and Welbeck) back into the team.

So far away!

My principle concern is that Kane and Dier specifically, don't get overplayed by Uncle Roy. I suspect, as he did previously, he'll play Kane for an unnecessarily long period of time but the hope has to be that he tries to integrate Sturridge (and Welbeck) back into the team.

Would be happy if the owl choose to play Drinkwater more than Dier. Sturridge/Welbz more than the league top scorer. In fact Sturridge to injure his little finger thus being out for 8 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom