Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucks sake

Instead of who though?? Who would you have him ahead of... I assume Sissoko?? That still wouldn't put him in the 1st team... but at least he wouldn't be playing against us today!

It's Wijahalduididdlydumpomum that worries me... he pretty much single-handedly orchestrated our last day disaster last May... Still struggling to comprehend how he/they did what they did that day.

I'll be in the kop for this one with 2 of my Liverpool supporting friends. They told me I have to celebrate every Liverpool goal though or fans around us will notice and cause trouble.
I'm sure that won't be an issue :pochohshit:

I heard less hysteria before we played Chelsea who had won 13 straight games.

Is it because its Liverpool or is it because of the Cauldron of Silence Anfield?
Would people feel the same if we were at home?

Its still the same teams

Last edited:
I'll be in the kop for this one with 2 of my Liverpool supporting friends. They told me I have to celebrate every Liverpool goal though or fans around us will notice and cause trouble.
I'm sure that won't be an issue :pochohshit:

Or the fact that LEDLEY KING is in The Kop might give it away!!
:ledley:

Instead of who though?? Who would you have him ahead of... I assume Sissoko?? That still wouldn't put him in the 1st team... but at least he wouldn't be playing against us today!

It's Wijahalduididdlydumpomum that worries me... he pretty much single-handedly orchestrated our last day disaster last May... Still struggling to comprehend how he/they did what they did that day.

To be fair Id probably play him instead of Son, and use Son as an impact sub more often, but Id rather not get into that on the day we play them, so fuck Mane, Son is much better!!

I heard less hysteria before we played Chelsea who had won 13 straight games.

Is it because its Liverpool or is it because of the Cauldron of Silence Anfield?
Who people feel the same if we were at home?

Its still the same teams

It's phycological, Liverpool have become over the past few years something of a boggy team so fans don't expect much.

On the tactical front both Rogers and Klopp play the same high press on the backline, as we play out from the back it is very effective against us, you only have to look at Dortmund or Muchengladback to see that the high press against us can be very effective.

I have seen us switch before and Poch change it up. Against Stoke (April 2016) of all teams we won 4-0 playing deep and hitting on the counter, they had more possession than we did but we rolled with punches and varied our play.

Liverpools press enables them to conceal their shit defence and midfield while putting their good attack on the front foot. I really hope we vary our play, sit deep, hit hard, quick counters, long balls, make their press useless. We play out from the back too much we play into their hands. Tactically we have been the perfect team for Liverpool to play, we need to change that.

He'd go straight into our first team imo

Against Stoke (April 2016) of all teams we won 4-0 playing deep and hitting on the counter, they had more possession than we did but we rolled with punches and varied our play.

We had 60% possession mate....definitely wasnt sitting back and letting them attack us

Liverpools press enables them to conceal their shit defence and midfield while putting their good attack on the front foot. I really hope we vary our play, sit deep, hit hard, quick counters, long balls, make their press useless. We play out from the back too much we play into their hands. Tactically we have been the perfect team for Liverpool to play, we need to change that.

I agree with some of that, but also mixed messages. If we sit back, we have to play it out from the back.
Then we invite them to press high up the pitch....Id much rather nullify their already underwhelming midfield from in the own half, as we will have the double bonus of:

1) Not having to play most of the game in dangerous areas, where are known to panic
2) Being able to play in our strongest way, against their weakest areas

Just looked through the other results the day we (last) beat Liverpool at Anfield in May 2011...
...wow there's some fun reading in there;
And I've just googled our record at Anfield...if I've read it correctly, we have won 8 games there in the history of our clubs... not a good stat for the purists.
And we have taken some hammerings there.
So I think it's ok to be nervous about our prospects. But I do think we have a bloody good chance today. They ain't all that these days & have been predictable recently. Let's just hope we turn up as we can because we will get a result.

We had 60% possession mate....definitely wasnt sitting back and letting them attack us

I agree with some of that, but also mixed messages. If we sit back, we have to play it out from the back.
Then we invite them to press high up the pitch....Id much rather nullify their already underwhelming midfield from in the own half, as we will have the double bonus of:

1) Not having to play most of the game in dangerous areas, where are known to panic
2) Being able to play in our strongest way, against their weakest areas

The 60% was the 4-0 in September 2016, the one I am referring to is the 4-0 in April 2016.

Liverpool rely on having room round the back, if we are at least compact and vary our play we should be able to limit their style.

Every time I think of this game which has been a lot in the last week the same 1-2 scoreline flashes up

Can't wait

COYMS

Mind your backs please a pessimistic Spurs supporter coming through....

I was full of confidence during the week, which has slowly evaporated away that I will take a point right consisering we are away from home.

Come in spurs, we need a big team performance today.

Expecting a tough game and I will be surprised if they don't raise their game for this one ( they always do against us ).
Still , hoping for a win so going for 1-2 Kane and Eriksen.

Mate, I'm Spurs 'til I die but I'd swap Mane for Lamela every day of the week; he's a much better player in my opinion.

He's nothing but a speed merchant. Lamela brings a much better all round game, brings goals, brings tackles and brings creativity. All Mane brings is the legs of a fucking Cheetah. An overrated Aaron Lennon if I ever did see one.

Back
Top Bottom