Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everyone who keeps banging on about how we need a speedy player to take us to the next level needs to look at how Poch seems to rate speed merchants. And the fact is he fucking doesn't. He prefers players who can play football, not players better suited to a running track. We're done with the Harry Redknapp days, get over it.

He's nothing but a speed merchant. Lamela brings a much better all round game, brings goals, brings tackles and brings creativity. All Mane brings is the legs of a fucking Cheetah. An overrated Aaron Lennon if I ever did see one.
Have to agree to disagree my friend, I think Mane's got much more than just pace, he's an excellent player IMO. Lamela has good qualities without any one thing that makes him stand out. His shooting is dodgy, his final ball isn't great and he's lightweight. He tries really hard and has the odd moment of class but, for me, he's a lot of tricks, flicks and effort without any real contribution.

It's phycological, Liverpool have become over the past few years something of a boggy team so fans don't expect much.

On the tactical front both Rogers and Klopp play the same high press on the backline, as we play out from the back it is very effective against us, you only have to look at Dortmund or Muchengladback to see that the high press against us can be very effective.

I have seen us switch before and Poch change it up. Against Stoke (April 2016) of all teams we won 4-0 playing deep and hitting on the counter, they had more possession than we did but we rolled with punches and varied our play.

Liverpools press enables them to conceal their shit defence and midfield while putting their good attack on the front foot. I really hope we vary our play, sit deep, hit hard, quick counters, long balls, make their press useless. We play out from the back too much we play into their hands. Tactically we have been the perfect team for Liverpool to play, we need to change that.

Spot on Tomo. That's exactly what I was thinking last time we played them. They press hard to keep their wobbly defence out of trouble, we need to mix it up a bit or at least be a bit more progressive with our passing out from the back. To much side to side and they'll be on us like shit off a shovel.

Have to agree to disagree my friend, I think Mane's got much more than just pace, he's an excellent player IMO. Lamela has good qualities without any one thing that makes him stand out. His shooting is dodgy, his final ball isn't great and he's lightweight. He tries really hard and has the odd moment of class but, for me, he's a lot of tricks, flicks and effort without any real contribution.
Manes a cunt and Wanyama will squash him

You call yourself Spurs through and through yet fail to see any real contribution from a player who consistently performs his fucking heart out for the club? Do you catch the games on Match of The Day? Get the fuck out of here that Lamela isn't a fucking stand out. He's a stalwart in our team and would easily be one of the first names on the team sheet when fit.

Lamela 8 league goals in 85 games
Mane 9 in 19

Goals win games - so its not really that laughable

Sadio Mane has had 16 assists in all competitions in his whole career. We have plenty of players capable of scoring goals, but a top attacker like Lamela creates and scores, doesn't just think about himself. Mane wouldn't get into our team under Poch. No chance.

You call yourself Spurs through and through yet fail to see any real contribution from a player who consistently performs his fucking heart out for the club? Do you catch the games on Match of The Day? Get the fuck out of here that Lamela isn't a fucking stand out. He's a stalwart in our team and would easily be one of the first names on the team sheet when fit.
Nope, either go to the game or watch them all live on the 'net if I have the little ones that day! Just an opinion, let's not get into silly personal nonsense about whether I'm a proper fan or not! I agree he tries hard, I said that myself, but I think if you look at the stats for assists and goals it's clearly obvious that his meaningful contribution isn't great and is nowhere near Mane's. How can you call him a stalwart when he has been out injured for most of the season?

Nope, either go to the game or watch them all live on the 'net if I have the little ones that day! Just an opinion, let's not get into silly personal nonsense about whether I'm a proper fan or not! I agree he tries hard, I said that myself, but I think if you look at the stats for assists and goals it's clearly obvious that his meaningful contribution isn't great and is nowhere near Mane's. How can you call him a stalwart when he has been out injured for most of the season?

Simple. He epitomises what this team is about. He epitomises what Poch wants from his players. Nobody shows the desire to attack teams with and without the ball more than any other player in our team. Nobody plays Poch's press better and he is one of the reasons we perform so well when he is fit. I'm just grateful that we have a backup like Son to fill in while he is hurt.

Not a single Liverpool player gets into our first team. Eriksen Dele Lamela. That's what we have. That's our best three in attack. Suggesting Mane would replace Lamela is bloody laughable.
Mate, I'm Spurs 'til I die but I'd swap Mane for Lamela every day of the week; he's a much better player in my opinion.
He's nothing but a speed merchant. Lamela brings a much better all round game, brings goals, brings tackles and brings creativity. All Mane brings is the legs of a fucking Cheetah. An overrated Aaron Lennon if I ever did see one.

Lamela 8 league goals in 85 games
Mane 9 in 19
Goals win games - so its not really that laughable

As Harry Enfield once said; "Alright, calm down, chalm down!!"
I was actually thinking hypothetically for todays' game, instead of Son, I'd actually totally forgotten about Lamela!!
:lamelashock::sonpoint:

On another note, I'd take Coutinho over both of them!

As Harry Enfield once said; "Alright, calm down, chalm down!!"
I was actually thinking hypothetically for todays' game, instead of Son, I'd actually totally forgotten about Lamela!!
:lamelashock::sonpoint:

Totally depends which Son turns up if you ask me. Son at his best is better than Mane at his best all day long. But you're really never guaranteed that with Son.

Back
Top Bottom