Liverpool away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really difficult to critique any individual performances tonight. Not one of us have looked up to much, but when the team is made up of reserve fodder, it's really difficult to put a performance together.

So I gather that Wimmer and Gorgeous have been poor? That's worrying as they're supposed to be the type of squad players that contributes to success.

Has anyone had a good game or have we looked like this for the entirety of the game? Missed 35 minutes of the 1st half.
The full backs have both been OK. That's about it.

His starting position was rubbish. If you're out that far to begin with (like Neuer does it) it is to cut the ball off by rushing out.

He retreated.

If you are a retreating goalkeeper, you don't have your starting position that far out because as we saw, you spend more time retreating than setting yourself up a good base.

It was basic poor goalkeeping.
did Sturridge stick it so far past him that he had no chance? - errm , no he didn't.
No keeper should stand a chance with a top class striker running at him from that distance, so Vorm was as close as he could have hoped to be to stop it.

What you should condemn is the shit defending that allowed the pass that Sturridge collected.

This is the kind of turgid piss poor rabbit in the headlights shite we used to pump out on a regular basis away from home. It's small comfort that that penalty might offer something. But I suspect a Miss

did Sturridge stick it so far past him that he had no chance? - errm , no he didn't.
No keeper should stand a chance with a top class striker running at him from that distance, so Vorm was as close as he could have hoped to be to stop it.

What you should condemn is the shit defending that allowed the pass that Sturridge collected.

There's enough people piling on Wimmer. I'm just throwing up a critique. Considering I know goalkeeping far more than anything else I do in football I tend to see these things and speak on them

I don't see the point in Vorm playing tonight. He'll never usurp Hugo so Lopez should have played as he's meant to be the next guy.

Back
Top Bottom