Liverpool away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Problem with putting 2nd string side is that it shatters their confidence if battered as in case of Dortmund last year, which in place ruins Poch's confidence for selectin 'em again. Putting a balanced team with First teamers and 2nd strings and losing gracefully may help in long run. Expecting similar intensity from 2nd string will only result in mental collapse of our squad.
I believe that our performance towards last year's end was mental and not physical.

They have to learn, no point wondering if the likes of Winks, CCV and Onomah are ready if we are not prepared to use them, like Kane in the EL all those years ago it's there chance to show they should be in the first 11. If they are not good enough then we will at least know.

They have to learn, no point wondering if the likes of Winks, CCV and Onomah are ready if we are not prepared to use them, like Kane in the EL all those years ago it's there chance to show they should be in the first 11. If they are not good enough then we will at least know.
I agree, but the intensity with which Pool will play will be similar to that of Dortmund and the result will be the same if we put our kids to sword. If Poch decides to throw the towel, there should atleast be a solid defensive unit to avoid a collapse and who knows we might nick it as well. My opinion is, It would be better if we go toe to toe and shatter them with the best team available. They are not that great as media suggests and can be battered or atleast bettered with our team, this competition is not important as PL and CL but now they are considered as favourites for PL and the last time we made the favourites look silly has helped us a lot. See Man City results after our game.

Last edited:
I agree, but the intensity with which Pool will play will be similar to that of Dortmund and the result will be the same if we put our kids to sword. If Poch decides to throw the towel, there should atleast be a solid defensive unit to avoid a collapse and who knows we might nick it as well. My opinion is, It would be better if we go toe to toe and shatter them with the best team available. They are not that great as media suggests and can be battered or atleast bettered with our team, this competition is not important as PL and CL but now they are considered as favourites for PL and the last time we made the favourites look silly has helped us a lot. See Man City results after our game.

Our kids play the same way as the first team, we play the same way throughout the club. So it's our intensity that Liverpool should be worried about, especially if we're fielding younger, hungrier players, ok so we may not match them for quality, but intensity should not even be a factor.

That would be fair to say when playing 1 or 2 alongside a relatively settled XI but sending a whole bunch of kids and reserves out together is (comparatively speaking) like sending lambs to the slaughter.

It seems pretty clear that this competition is low on most people's priority list.
As such, it seems likely we will rotate the team heavily. I'm never comfortable with clubs fielding anything less than the strongest team available.

But it's very much the modern way, with so many matches to play. It does sadden me that we may be out of a competition by not playing our best XI, no matter what the tournament is. It's silverware at the end of the day & winning a trophy this season would be amazing. Ah well.

(We will beat this lot tomorrow IMO- I think they will rotate too because the league is their priority & squad players need a run out every so often even if the dippers don't have the European distraction)

That would be fair to say when playing 1 or 2 alongside a relatively settled XI but sending a whole bunch of kids and reserves out together is (comparatively speaking) like sending lambs to the slaughter.
What doesn't kill you, only makes you wish you were dead.

They should be making a lot of changes as well, we have a lot of games coming now and a rest will be good for some. Liverpool are dangerous with Coutinho and Mane, if they leave them out we should be ok for a fair game.

Poch doesn't give two hoots about this competition so I'm not expecting much beyond trying to keep the score respectable.

Only time that ever pissed me off was Woolwich, outside of our rivals id rather use this as a place to develop our new and up and coming players.

They should be making a lot of changes as well, we have a lot of games coming now and a rest will be good for some. Liverpool are dangerous with Coutinho and Mane, if they leave them out we should be ok for a fair game.

With two teams trying to lose, it should be a laugh. A bit like we won 2-0 up there on the last day of the season under Harry. The winner got EL, and nobody wanted it.

I think Klopp will make changes, but he'll still put a strong team out imo.

With two teams trying to lose, it should be a laugh. A bit like we won 2-0 up there on the last day of the season under Harry. The winner got EL, and nobody wanted it.

I love these games in that we get to see future players like Winks and as its not the Prem or CL I am not as pissed off if we lose, no nerves so just watch for pure enjoyment.

I thought this season when every one is fit, Klopp might struggle to keep everyone happy with the lack of Euro game time, he'll have to go strong in the domestic cups I think.

I thought this season when every one is fit, Klopp might struggle to keep everyone happy with the lack of Euro game time, he'll have to go strong in the domestic cups I think.
Yeah, they lost in the final last season and he'll want to put that right. He'll pick a decent side with a strong bench as insurance - you're right about the cups - I wasn't suggesting Klopp would go easy.

Just had a peek at RAWK, the majority of them want to see a strong team play - I'd say the same if we didn't have a run of far more important games coming up. Leicester, Bayer, Filthy Nomad scum cunts then Spam.

Just had a peek at RAWK, the majority of them want to see a strong team play - I'd say the same if we didn't have a run of far more important games coming up. Leicester, Bayer, Filthy Nomad scum cunts then Spam.

For me it's really two players, Coutinho and Mane as I said previously if they leave them out it should be pretty even, even if we rest a few.

I know people are worried about Winks and CCV but Winks was our best player in pre-season and good against Gillingham and CCV has been talked up by Poch so maybe we will be in for a surprise.

Back
Top Bottom