Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday 4 Feb. 16.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Question on the Kane offside incident. Couldn’t the argument be made that Kane effects the play from an offside position? Lovren knows Kane is there and then mis-kicks it. Sort of like the own goal that Wimmer had last year against Woolwich.

Then again, that touch is why he was onside.

That’s a real gray area for the offside rule.

Had to record the game and watch after, good point for us.

But watching the 1st half I was howling at the niggly '' half fouls ?'' that Liverpool were getting away with under the pretext of closing down, since when has closing down been 2 or 3 players just running into the opposition and hindering them been part of the game or acceptable to refs ?

Can rugby tackling Dembele and not getting booked was a particular highlight.

Question on the Kane offside incident. Couldn’t the argument be made that Kane effects the play from an offside position? Lovren knows Kane is there and then mis-kicks it. Sort of like the own goal that Wimmer had last year against Woolwich.

I think he has to make an attempt to get to the ball in the immediate vicinity of the player, which he didn't.

Simple. 1st penalty was actually onside, but a dive from Kane. 2nd penalty, however, a clear penalty. I do wonder if Kane will be getting a retrospective ban for the dive, but most likely not.

I believe the rule states that a rebound or deflection does not change the phase of play. However an opposition player kicking the ball does. Lovren swung and kicked the ball slightly, Kane's positioning had no effect on Lovrens ability to clear the ball he just made an error

Just had a look over at Liverpool's Sub-Reddit, after wiping away the tears of laughter and wading through the salt I have these things to report.

• Fuck the ref and linos, they're cheating cunts
  • Fuck Spurs, they're cheating cunts
  • Fuck Kane and Alli, they're cheating cunts
Pretty much it, except they're "handing out one match bans" to people for starting too many threads bitching about the result.

Glorious!

Simple. 1st penalty was actually onside, but a dive from Kane. 2nd penalty, however, a clear penalty. I do wonder if Kane will be getting a retrospective ban for the dive, but most likely not.
Hello rawk
giphy.gif

No.
He has to go over him. Karius never touched the ball. He also admitted he caught Kane pulling away after.
If your going to come, get the ball.
Anyway the argument from them and the manager was he was offside. Not he dived.

I remember Son doing the same thing with a sliding tackle, but making no contact. Moses went over him, getting a penalty.
He never was considered for retro banning.

Liverpool fans are hilarious, they will do anything to deflect from the fact their manager is the biggest fraud in the game. They love him because he pumps his fists when in reality he's a poor mans brendan rodgers, they deserved absolutely nothing from this game, even in the first half when we were poor they were just as bad if not worse and were lucky to be a goal up. I fully expect us to come above that over hyped bunch of whiners this season and will be extremely disappointed if we don't.

Back
Top Bottom