Loan Watch

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How is Parrott getting on at MK Dons i haven't seen anything about him since his first couple of games?
Stats alone he's got 4 goals and 5 assists from his 27 appearances in all comps.

He got praised recently by their manager after one of their games last week:

“I thought he played with maturity,” Manning said after the game. “I think that’s a really good way of assessing how he performed.

“Out of possession he worked hard, one at the end there. He was chasing back regaining the ball. That’s really important, and at the same time he looked a real threat at the other end. In the first-half he got in some really good areas."

“Their keeper made an unbelievable save off his shot from the back post in the second-half. He did really well. He had to be there to take it, but I’m not taking anything away from Troy [Parrott], I thought he was good.

Well according to the media reports all are playing like super stars, kind of like what we thought we have bought. Least it shows we can get some money for them come summer.

Anyone have any updates from our loanees this weekend?
Gil looks class. Etete good. Parrot okay. Clarke looks alright but only plays with a burst every now and then. Sarr late sub. Nile John unused again, been on the bench for the last two games. Ndombele and Gio both doing fairly well, if they continue at this level hopefully we can move them on for a fee in the summer.

Anyone have any updates from our loanees this weekend?
Sarr was a 90th minute sub in a good way 0-0 for Metz v Lille so I can’t think there’s much to say.

Gil was Valencia’s best player and set up the goal as Barcelona battered them.

Troy Parrott set up the winner as MK Dons won away to Sunderland and was praised as the best player on the pitch.

Etete scored one and made one in a 5-5 draw away to Wycombe.

Ndombele played 90 s as Lyon drew 1-1 away to Lens.

Lo Celso lasted 70 minutes as Villarreal battered Granada away.

Etete scored one and made one in a 5-5 draw away to Wycombe.
5-5 Draw. Crowd got their money's worth there!

Thanks all for the info. Looking promising. It's funny how some players just don't seem to fit with some clubs. It's looking hopeful that we'll be able to offload Tanguy and Gio though which I suppose is a good thing.

Gil is getting raved about in Valencia. Good to see, i hope he's back her next season and not sold.

TBH, I'd rather he spent another year on loan if it means being a starter for a decent quality team..... But yeh; no sale please.

Ndombele - Unused sub then devoured sub

f29fe0.jpg

So Kurylowicz can't get a game for Potters Bar FC? wtf is the point of him being out on loan then?

This is the flip side of loaning out young players.

Managers might not “fancy” them or just not trust them in competitive football if they aren’t quite ready. They might not settle in at their new club. They will go in with high expectations on their shoulders coming from a premier league club.

Until they leave the safety net of the development squad- where the result doesn’t really matter- you won’t know how they will react.

Poch preferred to keep players at the training ground to develop which had its shortfalls too.

Think overall loans are better. Character building if nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom