Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Missing what point?

"Our squad was stronger in the 2009 - 2010 season than it is now"

Or

Van Gaal is a world class manager so he needs 2-5yrs to show progress from what Redknapp did in 1 full season?

Yes, I am missing both points because they are both bullshit.

I challenge any one of you to sit here and be patient if LvG comes in, and after FOUR YEARS we still havent topped what Arry did..

:defoe:
Because Arry was God wasn't he?? And had the best interests of the club close to his heart!
LVG has already managed a national side so he would not get "sidetracked", so to speak.
He would be motivated solely on Spurs wouldn't he!

I think if we could get LvG as manager in the summer, we should go all out to make it happen. He is just the kind of manager who could cement us as a Top 4 team (Potentially more) leaving us in a much better position to get another top quality manager (Maybe FdB when he has more experience) when he leaves us/retires.

My fears with Sherwood are that he is hardly a name that any Big Name player is going to look at as an attractive prospect to work with, and I fear that if we continue with Sherwood, the position we will be left in after his inevitable sacking (Lets be fair, the guy has lost every big game he has managed so far) will make names like LvG, FdB and any other manager worth his salt look at us as a job way beneath them and their abilities.

Sherwood does seem to have a good reputation as someone who could potentially be a good manager, and it was interesting to hear Gullit say as much in the video as it leads me to believe Tim's reputation extends further than I thought, that's not to say he would be a massive pull with players and certainly not to the level of LvG. For my money Levy is in the best position here, Tim is reputed to have the potential to be a very good manger so if he is half as good as some think, he should be able to demonstrate something in his half a season, if he fails in his audition, we have Van Gaal waiting in the wings.

Missing what point?

"Our squad was stronger in the 2009 - 2010 season than it is now"

Or

Van Gaal is a world class manager so he needs 2-5yrs to show progress from what Redknapp did in 1 full season?

Yes, I am missing both points because they are both bullshit.

I challenge any one of you to sit here and be patient if LvG comes in, and after FOUR YEARS we still havent topped what Arry did..

:defoe:

I'm not going to try to explain it to you again...if you don't get it, you don't get it.

Because Arry was God wasn't he?? And had the best interests of the club close to his heart!
LVG has already managed a national side so he would not get "sidetracked", so to speak.
He would be motivated solely on Spurs wouldn't he!

No Harry wasnt God, and like LvG, he puts himself on a par with his work. If Levy wont pay LvG enough....he wont come here. Whats the difference?

The point is, he has set a standard that the next manager has to improve on if we are going to say we are progressing.

Im pretty sure TS could get us Top 4 in 5 years...I'd expect more from Van Gaal in the same time to be honest.

I'm not going to try to explain it to you again...if you don't get it, you don't get it.

There is nothing to get MKYid. Im reacting to what the guy said, and what he said was:

"If LvG comes in he will have a weaker squad than Harry had."

..in an attempt to make his point about why he thinks LvG should have "2-5 years" to show any progress.

There is no hidden meaning that YOU can see and I cant. If you want to back the bullshit about us being weaker now, then go ahead, but dont starting creating some fantasy about you and Schmood being on some level, in order to avoid answering the point Im raising.

No Harry wasnt God, and like LvG, he puts himself on a par with his work. If Levy wont pay LvG enough....he wont come here. Whats the difference?

The point is, he has set a standard that the next manager has to improve on if we are going to say we are progressing.

Im pretty sure TS could get us Top 4 in 5 years...I'd expect more from Van Gaal in the same time to be honest.
Thinking that TS would learn more by working under an experienced and winning international manager.

Thinking that TS would learn more by working under an experienced and winning international manager.

Of course he would, and I would take LvG happily even if Sherwood stuck to his guns and said he was leaving.

But I expect more from Van Gaal, than I would from Harry, or Tim.

Sorry, is this fucking weird to people??

:sandro:

Last edited:
I think if we could get LvG as manager in the summer, we should go all out to make it happen. He is just the kind of manager who could cement us as a Top 4 team (Potentially more) leaving us in a much better position to get another top quality manager (Maybe FdB when he has more experience) when he leaves us/retires.

My fears with Sherwood are that he is hardly a name that any Big Name player is going to look at as an attractive prospect to work with, and I fear that if we continue with Sherwood, the position we will be left in after his inevitable sacking (Lets be fair, the guy has lost every big game he has managed so far) will make names like LvG, FdB and any other manager worth his salt look at us as a job way beneath them and their abilities.

No he hasn't. I take it you forgot that he won against Man Utd at Old Trafford. At least get your facts right before gobbing off.

So you disagree do you @ welshiespursboy welshiespursboy ? And what prey tell do you disagree with, the fact I'm not going to expalin it again? Or do you disagree with the idea Sammy doesn't get it? Do you think Sammy does get it, and the myself and Schmood don't get that Sammy does get it despite the fact he misses all the salient points, or are you attempting to troll again?

So you disagree do you @ welshiespursboy welshiespursboy ? And what prey tell do you disagree with, the fact I'm not going to expalin it again? Or do you disagree with the idea Sammy doesn't get it? Do you think Sammy does get it, and the myself and Schmood don't get that Sammy does get it despite the fact he misses all the salient points, or are you attempting to troll again?

I disagreed with your post. No need to explain myself. Thats why the disagree button is there. Get over it. Sammy has schooled you. End of discussion

Funny how you keep tagging me and dragging my name up, but are very keen to avoid debating with me....

Better than trying to explain why you think we have a weaker squad now than we did in 2009 I suppose

No he hasn't. I take it you forgot that he won against Man Utd at Old Trafford. At least get your facts right before gobbing off.

Man Utd at Old Trafford is hardly the fixture it used to be. West Brom, Everton, Newcastle & Swansea have all won there already this season.

I also seem to remember AVB winning the same fixture against a significantly better Man Utd team last season yet people seem to be forgetting tha point when comparing the 2 managers. Also, I didn't realise voicing my opinion was 'Gobbing Off'.

Man Utd at Old Trafford is hardly the fixture it used to be. West Brom, Everton, Newcastle & Swansea have all won there already this season.

I also seem to remember AVB winning the same fixture against a significantly better Man Utd team last season yet people seem to be forgetting tha point when comparing the 2 managers. Also, I didn't realise voicing my opinion was 'Gobbing Off'.

Beating man utd at old trafford is still a big game, and if you don't think that, then frankly, you're a spasticated mule.

I disagreed with your post. No need to explain myself. Thats why the disagree button is there. Get over it. Sammy has schooled you. End of discussion

Trolling then.

Funny how you keep tagging me and dragging my name up, but are very keen to avoid debating with me....

Better than trying to explain why you think we have a weaker squad now than we did in 2009 I suppose

I tagged you in one post because I thought you would like to read it...the post where I mentioned you 3 times but tagged you 0 times was because I was talking to Welshie.

Considering you're going to start jumping up and down and stamping your feet in an attempt to petulantly argue debate, and Welshie is making another desperate attempt at trolling by pressing the red 'x' and saying nothing...I'm going to leave you guys too it.

It could not be simpler for me. After the world cup, If LvG is available and genuinely interested in becoming the manager of THFC then we have to take him! Even if TS dose get us 4th spot! In fact I,d say that would be even more reason to get Van Gaal.

TS's stock go's up. He gets a nice little pay-off, plus with a CL qualification on his CV he continues managing, possibly in the EPL, at least The Championship and continues his apprenticeship!

We get a proven No1 (accept not in The EPL) to take the club on and who will attract top players from all over!

COYS!!

Back
Top Bottom