Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, if that's the case then maybe I unwittingly did back Schmood's argument - but the irony is that I offered up my view quite independently of it. Plus, judging from this page, neither of us were alone.

Indeed. But Sammy seems intent on resorting to insults and playing the victim card...yet ....again. He's clearly no fool. While can't he just grow up a bit and debate like a man? You know, where a person actually addresses the counter argument instead of this immature rubbish all the time? Still, I guess by now we know that's impossible. It's a shame, if he had the maturity to address the actual points without the child act we could all put forward reasoned arguments and agree to disagree. But no, can't have that when there's an interwebs ta win, can we? :harrylol:

Its a good tactic......but you think we are weaker today than in 09-10, rendering your opinions a farce.

You have no credibility to demand answers from others until you are able to maturely respond to points put to you.

Lead by example, etc.

I challenged Scmoods claim. A specific claim, that we are weaker today than in 09-10.

You added elements to make the point have legs. It didnt work. I disagreed and have said why.

Its a good tactic......but you think we are weaker today than in 09-10, rendering your opinions a farce.
farce
fɑːs/
noun
noun: farce; plural noun: farces
a comic dramatic work using buffoonery and horseplay and typically including crude characterization and ludicrously improbable situations.

Well, there we have it folks. In Sammy's view, the suggestion that management, team morale and squad unity, among other things, have any impact on the strength of the side is a ludicrous notion. One wonders why he's spent so much time over the years banging on about Harry, AVB and Weasel, along with formation, as clearly it's all irrelevant!

Oh Sammy, you really are quite a special person. The forum wouldn't be the same without you. :) :thumbup:

Why can't he just grow up a bit and debate like a man? You know, where a person actually addresses the counter argument instead of this immature rubbish all the time? Still, I guess by now we know that's impossible. It's a shame, if he had the maturity to address the actual points without the child act we could all put forward reasoned arguments and agree to disagree. But no, can't have that when there's an interwebs ta win, can we? :harrylol:

The most tragic part is, I believe you, me, and him are all about the same age.

You added elements to make the point have legs.
No. I offered my own take. Not all deates are a conspiracy against poor ickle sammy. You really aren't the centre of the world mate.

It didnt work.
In whose view? :harrylol:

I disagreed and have said why.
No you haven't. All you've done is stick to your one dimensional like for like on players argument. Other issues have been raised, which you utterly refuse to address - because you know that those issues are relevant.

The most tragic part is, I believe you, me, and him are all about the same age.
Yeah, I do believe he once mentioned he's around 38. Which actually puts him as slightly older than me if true. But then, to be fair, I've seen people older than him take the internet too seriously as well. He's not alone.

Yeah, I do believe he once mentioned he's around 38. Which actually puts him as slightly older than me if true. But then, to be fair, I've seen people older than him take the internet too seriously as well. He's not alone.

I thought he said he was 36, which made me feel a mixture of sadness and superiority.

Well, there we have it folks. In Sammy's view, the suggestion that management, team morale and squad unity, among other things, have any impact on the strength of the side is a ludicrous notion. One wonders why he's spent so much time over the years banging on about Harry, AVB and Weasel, along with formation, as clearly it's all irrelevant!

Oh Sammy, you really are quite a special person. The forum wouldn't be the same without you. :) :thumbup:

You think our squad is weaker now than it was 09-10.

Your opinion on the subject is rendered null and void. No amount of wriggling will excuse you.

My strongest side from then:

..........................................Gomes

Corluka..............Dawson............King.............BAE

Lennon..............Palacios..........Modric...........Bale

..........................Defoe...................Crouch

Kranjcar
Kaboul
Pav
Alnwick
Jenas
Hudd
Bassong
Rose

My strongest side now:

........................................Lloris

Walker...........Vertonghen.............Vlad...................Rose

Lennon.............Sandro.................Dembele............Eriksen

...........................................Paulinho

.......................................Ade

Brad
Dawson
Naughton
Kaboul
Lamela
Soldado
Capoue
Siggy

:gallashmm:

I make you right there SS...I've got kids who can put forward a better argument that this...

I bet your kids have the bollocks to actually state their opinion though....which you still havent (because your 10 or so posts in the thread have all been about me)

What do you think of the two matchday squads above?

You'd pick the first one for Everton tomorrow right, given the choice..?

keep-calm-and-give-it-a-rest.png

Why would people rather jump on me, than the absurd claim that we have a weaker squad now than in 09-10?

I will never let this go. Ever.

Do people think that Levy wasted 110M? Id be fucking pissed off if I believed we had gone backwards after 4yrs.

What about the RECORD POINTS TALLY in a more difficult era of the PL, with much stronger Man City....was that all down to AVB, and not the squad having better players in it. Did we progress or not?

I thought we were better under AVB than Harry? But we were better under Harry now....or we just had a stronger squad, that Harry wasnt getting the best out of?

Do people wish AVB had Harry's squad? Or?

Mugs. Mugs everywhere

:bentley:

Last edited:
Why would people rather jump on me, than the absurd claim that we have a weaker squad now than in 09-10?

Why? This is why=
I will never let this go. Ever.

Its beyond fucking tedious. Every time I come on the board its a troll fest with you playing the victim, or giving it "I told you so's", going on with a huge chip on your shoulder or basically arguing with yourself. Ive barely bothered posting in weeks because of the merry dance you and Arcspace have been doing. I had hoped when he got sin binned you might dial it back a bit but more fool me.

Its relentless, and frankly its hugely destructive to the board IMHO.

All the more frustrating because unlike Arcspace you actually have a lot to offer when you arent crusading some imaginary cause.

Why? This is why=

Its beyond fucking tedious. Every time I come on the board its a troll fest with you playing the victim, or giving it "I told you so's", going on with a huge chip on your shoulder or basically arguing with yourself. Ive barely bothered posting in weeks because of the merry dance you and Arcspace have been doing. I had hoped when he got sin binned you might dial it back a bit but more fool me.

Its relentless, and frankly its hugely destructive to the board IMHO.

All the more frustrating because unlike Arcspace you actually have a lot to offer when you arent crusading some imaginary cause.

I was the first person to be insulted in this debacle......but why would you give a fuck about that?

If Scmood hadnt called me "dense" for disagreeing, and then MKYid and SS didnt jump in and back his pathetic claim, while making digs at me...I wouldnt have gone down this route.

I speak to people how Im spoken to. You could have entered the debate with your opinion on the squads.

Im guessing you agree with me, that we are stronger now.

Im also guessing that MKYID and SS also agree with me......but like them, you have a hard on for me, and would rather jump in and try and rifle one up my bum, than back me.

Im pretty, get over it.

Back
Top Bottom