Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I do actually agree with you, I think the squad is stronger now. Though SS puts an interesting perspective on it.

I have no hard on for you. You irritate the crap out of me with constant arguing and carping, its unavoidable given the amount of posting you get through, so I will on occasion tell you so.

Im past expecting you to actually take anything on board, its more for my own benefit these days.

And you will note, Ive not been involved with you at all in a long time (some hard on). Problem is you seem to be able to reach a crescendo every now and then when it becomes unbearable.

"This debacle" is one of many, a different one every day it seems. I dont speak for others, but woudnt be surprised if you are right in that MK and SS do agree with you, but they are just as sick as I am of the sammyspurs attention whore show they wanted to slap you down a bit.

You irritate the crap out of me with constant arguing and carping

But you dont give a shit when Im insulted first....its still me starting the argument.

People can bang about the amount I post here....at the end of the day, my post count is pretty much on a par with the number of times I get quoted.

If I dont answer the quotes, Im "running away" and "avoiding" the debate.....

Lose Lose innit

:harrysmile:

But you dont give a shit when Im insulted first....its still me starting the argument.
Most of the time it seems to me like you are asking for it. You seem to come out swinging like a madman the second anyone disagrees, the Harry/Sherwood/Anti-AVB agenda and sniping dont help you get taken as a reasonable poster either.

Honestly I think it would do you the world of good to give the board a rest for a while, calm down, let old prejudices go and return at some point with a level head and no anymosity (for or from here)

As I said, you could be a hugely valued member.

But Im wasting my time arent I?

I appreciate what you are saying and admit my part in it....but it was me who was insulted for disagreeing with someone. If people want to antagonise me, then they know how I will go on one.

Like I said, I speak to people how Im spoken to.

Can you see how Im speaking to you, as opposed to SS and MKYid?

Fairs is fair from what I can see..

I appreciate what you are saying and admit my part in it....but it was me who was insulted for disagreeing with someone.

If people want to antagonise me, then they know how I will go on one.

This is exactly what Arcspace has been doing all week - learn to spot (and ignore it!) and I bet you wont get anywhere near as much flak, and will have a much more enjoyable time here yourself.

If cant be fun fighting a rear guard the whole time.

Instead, as it is, push a couple of buttons - set you off on one - and the place becomes a warzone.

I dont speak for others, but woudnt be surprised if you are right in that MK and SS do agree with you, but they are just as sick as I am of the sammyspurs attention whore show they wanted to slap you down a bit.
Sick of his bullshit? Yes. He spams the board too much with it. Agree with him on this? No. It's only Sammy's vanity that tells him there is some campaign against him. If he thinks I am prepared to lie about my opinion just because of him then he's once again showing his immaturity (or troll qualifications?) - primarily because it's obviously something he's prepared to do himself.

Frankly all I care about is that if people want to have a debate on here then they should be prepared to actually discuss things instead of trying to beat people over the head with their inflexibility, Sammy or otherwise. If people actually able to explain and reason their opinions once counterpoints have been put then that's what makes for as good debate. Just coming back with "you lost"? Intellectual cowardice and/or trolling.

Thing is, with sammy I just don't understand how making people dislike his attitude is a badge of honour. Bizarre to say the least. What's interesting though is that if you Google "playing the victim", the wikipedia entry that comes up has this as it's first line.....

Victim playing (also known as playing the victim or self-victimization) is the fabrication of victimhood for a variety of reasons such as to justify abuse of others, to manipulate others, a coping strategy or attention seeking.
Sammy in a nutshell, complete with the abuse of others and the attention seeking. The article goes on to say that it is a conscious personality trait deliberately adopted in bad faith....

it was me who was insulted for disagreeing with someone.
Your responses to my posts in this thread....

LOL

Maybe I should have named Frazier Campbell instead of Pav.....

I think you know as well as I do, you made a booboo when you backed Schmoods farcical claim..

:paulinhofacepalm:

a pathetic and embarrassing suggestion.

beyond comical, and deserves nothing more than a good old mocking
wriggle wriggle
your opinions a farce.
Your opinion on the subject is rendered null and void. No amount of wriggling will excuse you.

However stupid I am, your opinion on this makes you more stupid than me...

Mugs. Mugs everywhere

This train of insults and mockery started before I asked you to stop acting like a child. It was all generated simply because I put a point to you regarding issues beyond like for like on players that you didn't want to respond to and haven't, despite all the crap above.

Like I say, you play the victim to justify the abuse of others.

Last edited:
Sick of his bullshit? Yes. He spams the board too much with it. Agree with him on this? No. It's only Sammy's vanity that tells him there is some campaign against him. If he thinks I am prepared to lie about my opinion just because of him then he's once again showing his immaturity (or troll qualifications?) - primarily because it's obviously something he's prepared to do himself.

Frankly all I care about is that if people want to have a debate on here then they should be prepared to actually discuss things instead of trying to beat people over the head with their inflexibility, Sammy or otherwise. If people actually able to explain and reason their opinions once counterpoints have been put then that's what makes for as good debate. Just coming back with "you lost"? Intellectual cowardice and/or trolling.

Thing is, with sammy I just don't understand how making people dislike his attitude is a badge of honour. Bizarre to say the least. What's interesting though is that if you Google "playing the victim", the wikipedia entry that comes up has this as it's first line.....

Sammy in a nutshell, complete with the abuse of others and the attention seeking. The article goes on to say that it is a conscious personality trait deliberately adopted in bad faith....

The thing you should do is think about what you can do to make yourself feel better.

If Im an attention seeker, then why have you mentioned my name, or quoted my posts, roughly 20 times over the last 3 or 4 pages?

If you had'nt, we would'nt be at this point.

I was quite happily mugging off Scmood. You CHOSE to defend his silly claim, and didnt like it when I dismissed your silly justifications of "said" claim.

Too bad

Edit: a new quote from me.......you are giving me attention. Just stop.
Can you?

If Im an attention seeker, then why have you mentioned my name, or quoted my posts, roughly 20 times over the last 3 or 4 pages?
Maybe because you responded to my post earlier on and therefore engaged in the debate? :avbfacepalm:

You are the highest poster on this board outside of the TFC boys. Whether we like it or not, you are here spamming up the place. This last three to four pages have been mostly your crap! I don't see how the fuck someone is supposed to avoid you, and therefore avoid mentioning you. Besides, people mentioning your name has nothing to do with your desire for attention. If anything, posts like this one are feeding it. It's most probably exactly what you're after - which is why you're always trying to make trouble.

Maybe because you responded to my post earlier on and therefore engaged in the debate? :avbfacepalm:

You are the highest poster on this board outside of the TFC boys. Whether we like it or not, you are here spamming up the place. This last three to four pages have been mostly your crap! I don't see how the fuck someone is supposed to avoid you, and therefore avoid mentioning you. Besides, people mentioning your name has nothing to do with your desire for attention. If anything, posts like this one are feeding it. It's most probably exactly what you're after - which is why you're always trying to make trouble.

Like I said earlier, its a good tactic, and its been perfected here brilliantly.

The thread is now about me. Its all my fault. Im the only problem.

And everyone has forgotten that you would rather play against Everton tomorrow with Gomes in goal rather than Lloris.....

Bravo

I would agree with this. We come on here to discuss, there'd be nothing to say if we all thought the same and agreed.

It crosses the line, though:
- when people edit quotes to distort a point of view.
- when people attempt to shoot down someone else's view on a topic without any facts to back them up
i.e. "You're all stupid for thinking that, its obvious [insert unsubstantiated opinion here]"
- when it gets personal

I like an active forum, but caution should always be exercised not to say things like "you're obviously an idiot for thinking that", "your opinion makes you stupid" or, like I was subjected to this week, "you have some form of disorder on the autistic spectrum".

I personally think ArcspacE, sammy, Lister, Salmon and many of the other heavy hitters (post/exp wise) are all valued members of the forum - mostly because you're passionate about your opinions and aren't afraid of defending your beliefs.

One of my tattoos is a quote from Malcolm X - "if you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything"; most of the greatest humans to live have fought for an ideology that people disagree with, just got to make sure that it doesn't get abusive or personal.

When you said we had a stronger squad in 09-10
So in order to try and win the internet you are going to pretend that my comments above amounted to "every single player in the squad now is inferior to every player in the squad then"? You know fucking well that I didn't say anything of the sort.

Straw man tactics for trolling's sake. Nothing more. Nothing less.

So in order to try and win the internet you are going to pretend that my comments above amounted to "every player in the squad now is inferior to every player in the squad then"? You know fucking well that I didn't say anything of the sort.

Straw man tactics for trolling's sake. Nothing more. Nothing less.

You said the squad then was stronger....whether or not you think Lloris is better, you must either want to play Everton with the 09-10 squad: ergo with Gomes in goal....

Or, you want to play Everton with the squad you think is weaker

Ludicrous at best

My strongest side now:

........................................Lloris

Walker...........Vertonghen.............Vlad...................Rose

Lennon.............Sandro.................Dembele............Eriksen

...........................................Paulinho

.......................................Ade

I've never seen Vertonghen play in that position but more importantly never seen Paulinho play as an attacking midfielder - or are you just trying to fit in your strongest players in regardless of the position they play?

Paulinho plays in the same position as Nolan, Adam and Toure do for their respective clubs i.e. a goal-scoring central midfielder not an attacking midfielder - that would be a position Eriksen, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Chadli or Lamela would play before Paulinho does...

like I was subjected to this week, "you have some form of disorder on the autistic spectrum".

I think you need to re-read that post. I never actually said that. I actually said I suspected you of deliberately misunderstanding the point of discussion. A position I still believe to be true. But that's by the by and from a completely different discussion altogether.

I've never seen Vertonghen play in that position but more importantly never seen Paulinho play as an attacking midfielder - or are you just trying to fit in your strongest players in regardless of the position they play?

Paulinho plays in the same position as Nolan, Adam and Toure do for their respective clubs i.e. a goal-scoring central midfielder not an attacking midfielder - that would be a position Eriksen, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Chadli or Lamela would play before Paulinho does...
Vertonghen and Vlad would obviously just swap sides. Paulinho played as an AM against Man Utd at home (almost as high up as "the VDV position" in fact), and did it very well. Played in the position at times vs Stoke as well.

I would play that team happily is all...

And Pauli has played there

You said the squad then was stronger....whether or not you think Lloris is better, you must either want to play Everton with the 09-10 squad: ergo with Gomes in goal....

Or, you want to play Everton with the squad you think is weaker

Ludicrous at best

sammy your arguments seem to always be one extreme to the other there never seems to be any grey area with you quite frankly I think that's what people find tiresome. Some of us actually vary our opinion, we don't say yeah our squad now is stronger and just because we believe that at the same time completely ignore Ledley King for example.

Back
Top Bottom