Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well you're right, can't really say anything about what he says (at least in this vid). The criticism is not many times aimed at his vision or tactics or whatever, it's about HOW he presents himself, HOW he treats journalists etc. Some of it is of course unfounded criticism of haters, but most of it isn't. I don't really mind since he does well and gets results, so far. However, a lot (a LOT) of people do mind, which is understandable IMO.
Meh, let them mind then. After Redknapp, any sort of behavior doesn't surprise me.

What is more annoying than a confident, slightly arrogant football manager with a CV to back it up, is an ex player who comes across (imo) with a similar arrogance, but without the managerial CV to support it!

A lot of people seem very confident LVG will be coming. I've learnt from bitter experience not to listen to gossip.

I don't believe anything until it's announced officially.

Well you're right, can't really say anything about what he says (at least in this vid). The criticism is not many times aimed at his vision or tactics or whatever, it's about HOW he presents himself, HOW he treats journalists etc. Some of it is of course unfounded criticism of haters, but most of it isn't. I don't really mind since he does well and gets results, so far. However, a lot (a LOT) of people do mind, which is understandable IMO.

So like Mourinho. British press will love him then.

So like Mourinho. British press will love him then.

Mourinho is the only one who can get away with it. Think about how many times they plastered AVB for being arrogant, stand offish, or aloof. I don't know why Jose is the one who gets a pass but he is.

If we were to get LVG I hope he has some strong opinions on Wenger. I've always thought our managers should wind him up more.

With the increased speculation surrounding LVG I wandered into this thread in hopes of finding some information about him and his coaching style, just the basics. Went back about ten pages and I think I could count on one hand the amount of posts about the man who lends his name to the title of this thread. Impressive stuff, everyone.

With the increased speculation surrounding LVG I wandered into this thread in hopes of finding some information about him and his coaching style, just the basics. Went back about ten pages and I think I could count on one hand the amount of posts about the man who lends his name to the title of this thread. Impressive stuff, everyone.
Welcome to the Internetz

Have a butcher's at this guy, thinks he can come onto our forum for useful information, how dare he

With all due respect, the worse he treats journalists the more endearing he is to me.

@ Dutchy Dutchy knows what he is talking about, the press conferences with LVG are going to be hilarious, he really does not like to be cornered or questioned and as much of his countrymen ... he comes across pretty arrogant to those who are not used to dealing with the dutch :)

Mourinho is the only one who can get away with it. Think about how many times they plastered AVB for being arrogant, stand offish, or aloof. I don't know why Jose is the one who gets a pass but he is.

If we were to get LVG I hope he has some strong opinions on Wenger. I've always thought our managers should wind him up more.
well the difference between Mourinho and the others is that he actually backed up his arrogant promises. i think people gave him this right to get away with extreme arrogance and being a monumental cunt after his first season in charge at Chelski. and that first press conference when he came to england, added to the results he got in that season, certainly helped.

It's all very good having a coach like this who is confrontational with the media and has a bit of arrogance and and a bit of an ego, if you have a good team to back you up. We don't, we have some very average players in this team.

We dont, we have very good players completely under performing.

If LVG (or anyone) could find a way of playing/managing/coaching that brought the best out of them we would have a superb side.

Back
Top Bottom