Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Entirely possible that Levy contributed to his failure, but then Levy has been around during the days of Jol, Redknapp and AVB, none of whom were remotely as bad as Ramos - and in the case of Redknapp had most of the same players.

So while Levy may have undermined JR, the fact is that the results were still well below what that squad should have been capable of.
Very true.

But the performance past summer compared to the performances pre summer quite clearly show, that something happened. So easy to say "manager lost the players", goes for all managers.

Ramos clearly lost the players watching us player and reading him saying so directly just vindicates the feeling.

Comolli being allowed to buy someone as pricy as Bent not only without the managers wish but against it clearly shows, that the club managment has no clue about what running a club, DoF or nor, is all about.

Which Ramos clearly says. At Spurs it is about finance performance, not sporting. The clubs exists for the business, not the other way round.

It is impossible to argue against, merely by stating that Ramos wasn't a very good manager.

Cesare Prandelli to become Spurs manager after World Cup

More
comments
By: Ahmed Osoble 15 Feb 2014 11:08:501575 VIEWS0 COMMENTS

The coach of the Italian national side, Cesare Prandelli, will become Tottenham manager for the 2014-2015 season according to reports from Italian paper La Repubblica.

The 56 year-old, who guided the Azzuri to the Euro 2012 final, will take over at White Hart Lane after the summer's World Cup finals, where he will lead Italy onto the world's biggest footballing stage.

Former AC Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri is to take the reigns as Italy manager after Prandelli's departure.

The news will come as a surprise with Tim Sherwood exceeding expectations as the former Blackburn title champions attempts to guide Spurs into next season's Champions League. The 45 year-old was appointed head coach by chairman Daniel Levy in December following the sacking of Andre Villas Boas.

Maybe its not LVG we are waiting on?

I have had an ill foresight for a while now... Levy's gonna hire Van Gaal just to clash with him in the spectrum of a month or two, anyone else?

You kidding? A manager who historically takes a season or so before getting his team to achieve and has a reputation for being abrasive toward any chairman who doesn't let him get on with things, being in charge of a team that has a chairman who has an itchy trigger finger and one of the most impatient fan-bases in the world...as good as this could be, there is the potential for this to be a clusterfuck of extraordinarily Spursy proportions!!

Louis van Gaal hoping to land job in England
Last Updated: 20/02/14 11:45am

Holland national coach Louis van Gaal has announced that he is looking to land a coaching post in England after the World Cup.

The Dutchman claims to have had contact with Tottenham Hotspur in the recent past, but is unaware of their future plans after handing the White Hart Lane reins to Tim Sherwood.

There are, however, likely to be other jobs up for grabs in the coming months, with a number of Premier League bosses reported to be working on borrowed time.

Van Gaal would happily talk terms with any club interested in acquiring his services as he will soon find himself back on the managerial market.

His current contract is due to expire after leading Holland's bid for global glory in Brazil this summer, and the 68-year-old has made it clear where he sees himself working next.

Van Gaal told the Daily Mail: "I am mostly interested in England because I have been a coach in Spain, Germany, in the Netherlands, so I think England is the next step in my career.

"Spurs? It could be another club - it depends on the vacancies, because Spurs was already with me.

"I prefer to be focused on this World Cup and now there's another coach (at Spurs), so as coach you cannot say I go to that club or that club, it depends on circumstances and the vacancies."

With Van Gaal focused on events in South America for now, he is looking for key men to start hitting top form.

He concedes that talismanic frontman Robin van Persie is having a 'difficult' time at Manchester United, but is convinced his most potent attacking weapon will be ready to fire in the colours of his country.

Van Gaal said: "I think he should be great in the tournament because he loves to play in the Dutch squad.

"He has shown that in all the qualification matches more than ever, because he's our top scorer, and I hope he can continue this.

"The football from Man United now is, for him, maybe difficult, but then he will wish to show his techniques. Techniques in the Dutch team for him is higher.

"The Dutch team might benefit him, you never know."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-louis-van-gaal-hoping-to-land-job-in-england

I should start making my popcorn gifs now...
ca7f3a268b0748a75d6bf2052aaf6a.gif

Came across this.....

Definitely the man to take us forward IMO.

So that means he'll probably end up at United....:dawsonmean:

He couldn't have dropped a bigger hint in that he's interested in the Tottenham job.

I want to manage in the premier league, maybe Spurs are next etc. etc. The fact he's mentioned us in name frequently says a lot really. As it's been said before it probably would surprise no one if a deal has already been agreed in some shape or form.

He's the one Levy wants and he'll be the one, presuming Sherwood is not the man.

I have had an ill foresight for a while now... Levy's gonna hire Van Gaal just to clash with him in the spectrum of a month or two, anyone else?

I don't know, for all Levy's failings I really think he is the type that if things were going right, he would not get involved as much, he only really pipes up when things start going wrong. The only thing they could clash on is transfer money which you hope to god would be sorted before anything was agreed

But totally who am I kidding, something will go wrong thats for certain, we need to get the "How the Van Gaal Catastrophe came about" thread up now and get some ideas together

Came across this.....

Definitely the man to take us forward IMO.

So that means he'll probably end up at United....:dawsonmean:

Haha this video .. You hate him or love him. His first sentence: "My football philosophy .. my players are fascinated by it". Lot of people in Holland are sick of his narcistic and patronizing way of acting and communicating (with the outside world/media). He recently said that he, LVG, sacrificed himself for us, the people of NL, to be our national coach. He rather didn't do it, but he wanted to experience a WC which is pretty selfish and 'earned' him a lot of negative critisism. For sure he is a great coach but man is he a unique (not few say disgusting) human being.
One thing is sure if he'll come here, it'll never be boring around WHL.

Haha this video .. You hate him or love him. His first sentence: "My football philosophy .. my players are fascinated by it". Lot of people in Holland are sick of his narcistic and patronizing way of acting and communicating (with the outside world/media). He recently said that he, LVG, sacrificed himself for us, the people of NL, to be our national coach. He rather didn't do it, but he wanted to experience a WC which is pretty selfish and 'earned' him a lot of negative critisism. For sure he is a great coach but man is he a unique (not few say disgusting) human being.
One thing is sure if he'll come here, it'll never be boring around WHL.
Doesn't bother me that he has forthright opinions if he gets results. It's people who have a lot to say but then little to show for it that I don't much care for.

Doesn't bother me that he has forthright opinions if he gets results. It's people who have a lot to say but then little to show for it that I don't much care for.
Well you're right, can't really say anything about what he says (at least in this vid). The criticism is not many times aimed at his vision or tactics or whatever, it's about HOW he presents himself, HOW he treats journalists etc. Some of it is of course unfounded criticism of haters, but most of it isn't. I don't really mind since he does well and gets results, so far. However, a lot (a LOT) of people do mind, which is understandable IMO.

Back
Top Bottom