Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When you look at all the options they are all a gamble. LvG, genius but hot tempered, Pochettino inexperienced, De Boer Prem inexperienced. I don't know but whoever we get I just want us to keep for a while and build a team long term, who do you think will be suitable?

Indeed, but the varying degrees of gamble must be considered. For instance, I think Poch would be particularly risky because of his seeming ineptitude with handling crisis, something that's clearly an issue with this current squad.

My favorite as of now, assuming for a second that LvG does actually go to Man U, is Benitez. Prem and CL experienced, solid enough CV to attract and keep players, bold and novel with his ideas, and yet still young enough to give us a solid chunk of time.

Last edited:
The more I think about the more I'm in favor of Mancini. There's been 6 (likely soon to be 7) managers to ever win the Premier League. It's an elite group and it certainly would be nice to have one of them as our manager.

Regardless of who we get I love the idea of Hughton as a number 2. Knows the club and knows how to organize a defense. Having a strong staff can be just important as having a top manager.

It's going to be tough getting a top class manager this summer, not only are United looking out for one but I think Barcelona, PSG and even that lot up the road could be in the market for one as well.

Benitez would be good - prem experience, trophies, decent football & tactics.
He's not too young so the bigger personalities in the club shit on him, and he's not old enough to be considered short term, old fashioned tactically and borderline senile.
He is a bit of a cunt though

isn't there a few boss changes happening internationally after the world cup? so could have a few more to think about.

Most managers look at the the size of the pay cheque first and foremost. So, if Levy really wants Van Gaal, offer him more money than Man utd. Simple. The increase in the clubs profile will pay for it. Throw in the fact that Spurs are based in the London, the most cosmopolitan city in the world, while old trafford is a decaying stadium in a provincial noth-west shithole and theres only one choice for LVG to make really.

Most managers look at the the size of the pay cheque first and foremost. So, if Levy really wants Van Gaal, offer him more money than Man utd. Simple. The increase in the clubs profile will pay for it. Throw in the fact that Spurs are based in the London, the most cosmopolitan city in the world, while old trafford is a decaying stadium in a provincial noth-west shithole and theres only one choice for LVG to make really.

Utd it is then...

Regardless of who we get I love the idea of Hughton as a number 2. Knows the club and knows how to organize a defense. Having a strong staff can be just important as having a top manager.
My problem with Houghton as No2 is that as soon as No1 walks out/gets sacked we know who Levy will put in charge.

if we wait until after the wordl cup we get some cunt who has had no inflence on our transfers and missed pre season. we'll have 3 or 4 months of him getting to know the squad, more transtition and then he'll be able to say wait until next season when its my team, then.....ah fuck it

You really think at this point of his career, LvG's primary concern is the paycheck?

My problem with Houghton as No2 is that as soon as No1 walks out/gets sacked we know who Levy will put in charge.

History has answered this before..

david_pleat_140byline_wcup1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom