Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watched the LvG debate/interview sent in by Arcspace.:thumbup: Van Gaal not only has a CV that commands your attention and respect, but can you imagine upsetting someone who looks like that too!!

I am allowing myself to get excited!!!

Van Gaal or Sherwood? For me, no contest! Even if Sherwood did achieve 4th spot. That would just emphasize all the more the need for LvG! Harsh but true!

:coys:

My only concern is that he doesnt look like a Human. The dimensions aren`t quite right.. Is anyone old enough to remember the old "funny mirrors" attraction when the fair came to town. That aside, you can`t argue with his CV. And the only other top English job likely to be available after the WC is possibly Man Utd. My money is still on Sherwood getting a contract extension though, 4th or not.

My only concern is that he doesnt look like a Human. The dimensions aren`t quite right.. Is anyone old enough to remember the old "funny mirrors" attraction when the fair came to town. That aside, you can`t argue with his CV. And the only other top English job likely to be available after the WC is possibly Man Utd. My money is still on Sherwood getting a contract extension though, 4th or not.
Exactly! One scary looking Mother F**ker!! Think he had a walk on part in MIB 3!!

Anyway, back to the the serious stuff! Of course I hope TS dose well in his tenure at The Lane. Achieves 4th and gets us playing some entertaining and fluid football! This will be great for his managerial CV and hopefully see him given ( 1 million £ pay-off) a chance to continue as a Prem manager (else where), Championship at least! Maybe Harry can mentor him at Rangers! But for me if a coach like LvG is available and interested (saying all the right things) then, we have to take him! Ironically, more so if TS gets us into The CL! Said already, Harsh but Fair!! Every ones a winner!!

COYS!!

Can't believe Tim/Les had to ask Gullit if Van der Vaart was worth signing for what they paid....

To be fair at the time we signed him he'd been on the scrapheap in Madrid for a full season, fallen down the order with the Netherlands, and still had the 'arrogant, argumentative prick' tag surrounding him. You only have to look at HSV this season to see what can happen with van der Vaart if you don't control him. They look a good bet to go down for the first time in history.

It was a question worth asking, fortunately it proved to be an excellent move and we got Rafa at his best.

Not related

In much the same way Gullit being born in the same country that a Uruguayan was playing isn't?

naked-gun-facepalm.gif

Maybe Andre should have called Ruud to ask him if Gylfi Sigurdsson was a better player.... :avbfacepalm:

To be a fair, didn't Redknapp start the wheels in motion with this one? Thought it was a manager cross over signing, like Eriksson/Hughes when that Jo flop signed for Citeh

He scored 20 or so goals in 40 games for Reading I'm sure, and Siggy also had a decent season for Swansea too the season before - 7 goals in 18 games, I think the only warning sign has how enthusiastic Hoffenheim were to get rid of him...

By all means, he stacks up on paper - and considering he's only 24, perhaps LvG would be able to make a Bale out of him? (bear in mind Gazza was a bit crusty before Redknapp but him in the right place on the pitch)

In my opinion I would much prefer us to just stick with TS and see where it leads us barring any monumental fuck ups, he's young, hungry and still learning, not disputing that LvG isn't a world class manager, but does he have the hunger week in week out? He's even said that if an offer doesn't come after the world cup that he'd more than likely retire, now thats either a way to bait out an offer from spurs or whatever but eh.. I'd rather think of the future than get a manager in who'll either get sacked in a season and a half or retire.

To be honest, I'm bored with the stability we've had, since Tim was appointed.
I feel the need for the adrenalin rush of us appointing a new manager. Chasing LvG would bring that, and he'll def have some popcorn moments.
Tim can only win out of the current situation now, either by being his number 2 :gazza: or he'll get a very decent offer from a small team, like Swansea, or West Ham etc.

Hopefully the press will whip it up and make it happen. :avblol:

We need the experience of LVG . Tim is a great prospect and def one for the future, but to ask Tim to shoulder responsibility of getting us to CL is unfair atm.
If we LVG i'm sure Tim will get a good job as alternative following the "apprenticeship" at WHL.

Back
Top Bottom