Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I suspect it's the (silly) South Park reference, if you've not seen the series then you wouldn't be able to get it as trying to 'explain' South Park humour would be pointless without watching it.
not the whole series, a couple of episodes were all I could manage, I prefer my humour to involve some activity between my ears
Thanks for explaining, it doesn't surprise me that it was beyond him to manage it himself

not the whole series, a couple of episodes were all I could manage, I prefer my humour to involve some activity between my ears
Thanks for explaining, it doesn't surprise me that it was beyond him to manage it himself

Don't wanna derail the thread but South Park is comedy gold and more intelligent than you think. Don't let the poor cartoon graphics and swearing mislead you....

Initially I thought the Timmeh reference was to do with him being stupid or summit (I know Phil Cornwall did an impression of Sherwood on the spurs show when I had th misfortune to listen the other week where he portrays him as a simpleton)

Don't wanna derail the thread but South Park is comedy gold and more intelligent than you think. Don't let the poor cartoon graphics and swearing mislead you....

Initially I thought the Timmeh reference was to do with him being stupid or summit (I know Phil Cornwall did an impression of Sherwood on the spurs show when I had th misfortune to listen the other week where he portrays him as a simpleton)
It might be more intelligent than I believe it to be - but thats not really difficult to achieve, I just don't find it funny. I am happy to accept that some people do though.
as far as I can tell, the guy seems fairly grounded and I haven't heard him say anything banal or stupid - and apart from his confession as to who he supported as a kid - see no reason to put the guy down or make infantile comments about him. I don't align myself emotionally to managers or players - and therefore I don't feel a need to belittle anyone who isn't the person I support.

It might be more intelligent than I believe it to be - but thats not really difficult to achieve, I just don't find it funny. I am happy to accept that some people do though.
as far as I can tell, the guy seems fairly grounded and I haven't heard him say anything banal or stupid - and apart from his confession as to who he supported as a kid - see no reason to put the guy down or make infantile comments about him. I don't align myself emotionally to managers or players - and therefore I don't feel a need to belittle anyone who isn't the person I support.

I wasn't saying I agreed with it - just that I thought that could've been the reason he was referred to as that.
I don't think you should take the name too seriously tho mate

child-tantrum-creative-commons-mindaugas-danys.jpg

I tend to agree with the general premise of your post but which teams have played 4-4-2 successfully at the Emirates recently and won/dominated - out of interest? We had Capoue available for that game but he chose to go with Bentaleb which in my view was a mistake.

However - we did shuffle it up against Swansea which indicated Timmeh has taken note and willing to learn - is great to see.

I also don't think we compare to City - their players are vastly superior and Toure basically amounts for 2 of our mids in terms of physical presence.
Agree Bentaleb shouldn't have started - with Dembele next to him. Would have been happy to see Capoue/Bentaleb, or Dembele/Capoue - but not the two that started.

Everton played a loose 442 and absolutely dominated them. They play with a lot of energy and freedom so it's hard to define their fixed system, but they had 2 strikers and 4 midfielders on the pitch. Again, I don't think it was the system we played, more the personnel in those positions.

Everton played a loose 442 and absolutely dominated them. They play with a lot of energy and freedom so it's hard to define their fixed system, but they had 2 strikers and 4 midfielders on the pitch. Again, I don't think it was the system we played, more the personnel in those positions.
Everton played a 4-2-3-1 that day - just saying, mate

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom