Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

May be you should have phoned him instead with your 40+ years experience of watching games on TV - surely there is no one more worthy of the honour, because seemingly in your parallel universe age somehow directly equates to knowledge and ability. In fact - I think you should throw your CV in the mix for the summer alongside Van Gaal - what have you got to lose, old buddy?
I don't try to pass myself off as a tactical guru who knows everything. I leave that piece of embarrassing behaviour to you. Oh and my days of being a long distance tellyclapper are limited to the last 3 years. Unlike you I have been to WHL, and have done so for a long time.

I don't try to pass myself off as a tactical guru who knows everything. I leave that piece of embarrassing behaviour to you. Oh and my days of being a long distance tellyclapper are limited to the last 3 years. Unlike you I have been to WHL, and have done so for a long time.
I've been to the Lane a couple of times over then last 2 years, as much as the exchange rate would allow me. If you wanna to belittle someone for that - go ahead and act the omni-cunt while judging people you've never met. Xenophobic twat.

Last edited:
I've been to the Lane a couple of times over then last 2 years, as much as the exchange rate would allow me. If you wanna to belittle someone for that - go ahead and act the omni-cunt while judging people you've never met. Xenophobic twat.
You are singularly humourless individual, aren't you?
And rude as well, all you ever seem to do is to call people cunts.And quite how you have decided that I am xenophobic is an absolute mystery, particularly given that I am married to a South African.
The biggest difference between you and I - is that I make jokes and comment on what you post, and you continually rail at and insult me on a personal level. Do you not have anything to say about the contents of the post? Try discussing things with posters based on what they say, and actually have a discussion, rather than using it as an opportunity to force your opinions down their throat. You never know, if you chuck in a slice of humility as well, people might actually warm to you, and discuss things with you too, rather than writing you off as a short sighted, ignorant and foul mouthed fool, with no redeeming qualities.
Good to see you have gotten round to getting to games as well, I hope it was as big a thrill for you, as it remains for me on the occasions that I get to do it. The buzz I get from walking through from the concourse to the terrace is still as much a thrill as it was the first time. Almost as much of a buzz as getting in the door of an aircraft to jump out.

You are singularly humourless individual, aren't you?
And rude as well, all you ever seem to do is to call people cunts.And quite how you have decided that I am xenophobic is an absolute mystery, particularly given that I am married to a South African.

Shall I Boys & Girls...? shall I....??????
:llorishuh:

easy tiger
:)

Grrrrrr! :sherwoodlol:

Sorry, no offence meant, honest... I was merely playing on the notion of out-dated stereotypes for a cheap laugh!

I'm sure your Missus is absolutely loverly!
(crawls back out of Mick Cooper's ass to get some air!)

...so, this Van Gaal chap... reckon he'll turn out any good...?

Grrrrrr! :sherwoodlol:

Sorry, no offence meant, honest... I was merely playing on the notion of out-dated stereotypes for a cheap laugh!

I'm sure your Missus is absolutely loverly!
(crawls back out of Mick Cooper's ass to get some air!)

...so, this Van Gaal chap... reckon he'll turn out any good...?
No worries mate, I was expecting the spitting image song - I wouldn't have been offended, I play it to the wife to take the mickey.
And whilst she may not quite be Charlize Theron, I am fortunate to be married to one of life's really beautiful people, who completely debunks any preconceptions about South Africans.

What do you mean Wenger's bluff - every man and his dog knew he'd set out his 4-3-3 as usual with one man upfront, 2 wide forwards and a 3-man double pivot in the middle. You don't need 15 years of experience to predict that - especially from someone like Timmeh who's been with us for years now.

Do you really view the 2 cups as 1% of his results so far and as competitions in general?
4-3-3 is a simplistic view. Woolwich play a 4-2-3-1 most games, with their full backs being the wide men. They played this very formation against us. Coincidentally, the very formation that AVB couldn't get to work with us :avbshit:

And I'm not sure you should always be so worried about the other teams formation, or certainly much more focus should be placed on your own game. We can't just copy every team's formation that we play so we match them player for player. 4-4-2 is not an outdated formation (as much as I don't always agree with it). In fact, City are decimating teams with that very formation, and I don't expect they'll change that for trips to the Emirates, Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford. They put 6 past Woolwich with a 4-4-2.

I think his bad choice was more in the 4 midfield players he chose. All light-weight, no ball winners, no aerial threat. I wouldn't have a problem with Bentaleb playing, as long as he was next to Sandro or Capoue. It just didn't work on the day, but then most teams have lost at the Emirates this season, so lets not read too much into one game.

I think his bad choice was more in the 4 midfield players he chose. All light-weight, no ball winners, no aerial threat. I wouldn't have a problem with Bentaleb playing, as long as he was next to Sandro or Capoue. It just didn't work on the day, but then most teams have lost at the Emirates this season, so lets not read too much into one game.
Good post, thank you

I tend to agree with the general premise of your post but which teams have played 4-4-2 successfully at the Emirates recently and won/dominated - out of interest? We had Capoue available for that game but he chose to go with Bentaleb which in my view was a mistake.

However - we did shuffle it up against Swansea which indicated Timmeh has taken note and willing to learn - is great to see.

I also don't think we compare to City - their players are vastly superior and Toure basically amounts for 2 of our mids in terms of physical presence.

Last edited:
Christ sammy. If Sherwood loses a game it's because he's lost to a vastly experienced manager, if he wins a game he's proven himself against a vastly experienced manager. You should be his PR campaigner!

Sherwood is doing well, putting on Naughton in the Swansea game to push Walker more forward in order to nullify the increasing attacking threat of Ben Davies was fantastic tactical management when most of us probably wanted to see a more established name be brought on because it made more sense for no apparent reason.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season regardless of what happens for the beginning of the next one.

However - we did shuffle it up against Swansea which indicated Timmeh has taken note and willing to learn - is great to see.
why do you call him that?
I don't recall you using silly names for AVB, yet you did it for Redknapp and now Sherwood
Why not simply use his name - or TAS, as they are his initials?

Its a genuine question - why can't you simply answer it?
I'm curious to know why you would choose to refer to him that way.

I suspect it's the (silly) South Park reference, if you've not seen the series then you wouldn't be able to get it as trying to 'explain' South Park humour would be pointless without watching it.

Like 99.9% of this forum I truly love my club. THFC! But as hard as it maybe, we have to be realistic. At the start of every season, (no more than this one) like most, I,m ultra optimistic of what lies ahead! But the reality is, it is unlikely
we will ever be able to compete with The Manx, Chelskie, and Woolwich (that hurt!) Of course with Man u in "transition", we can now go toe-to-toe with Liverpool for 4th spot. Think Everton will fade and Newcastle will implode
as usual! Quality football producing a 1 in 3 CL qualification, same with domestic honours, in a decade. I think most
us would accept, in return for keeping the soul of the club! 50% British based players and promoting the youth! Agree or dis-agree, I,d take this over being a Chelski, (Kuwait) City, Une, Le Woolwich!

COYS!!

Back
Top Bottom