Lubed Up In Liverpool: Liverpool vs Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's not get embarrassed. If we can somehow pull off the W and get 3 pts, the hope of 4th is still alive.

At least until we go full Spursy

Park the bus and pray for counter attacks, fuck it i'll take a point happily but that wont happen
HOcLW.png

Park like Allardyce, counter like Mourinho, shoot like Gareth Bale. We can do this. :adethumbup:

No high line. Allow them to come on to us with our midfield putting in a proper shift and the back 4 nice and compact, and relatively deep. Don't allow those diagonal balls over the top that have been killing us all season. Be aware that they will look to target our left back position like everyone else has been. When we have possession, look to switch play to our right quickly at every opportunity, it might pull them out of shape a bit, and then try to hit them on the counter.

All the pressure is on them, and they will be feeling it, so we must be well organised and not panic if they have a lot of the ball early on which is likely. Nevertheless, we are quite capable of winning this, Cardiff scored three against them last week which is not to say that we will, but we have to let them know they are in the sort of game that they don't want to play. Tight, disciplined and professional. Not at all Spursy then.

:gallashmm:

No high line. Allow them to come on to us with our midfield putting in a proper shift and the back 4 nice and compact, and relatively deep. Don't allow those diagonal balls over the top that have been killing us all season. Be aware that they will look to target our left back position like everyone else has been. When we have possession, look to switch play to our right quickly at every opportunity, it might pull them out of shape a bit, and then try to hit them on the counter.

:gallashmm:
Can someone tweet this to Timmy please, it amazes me he cant get his fucking head around such common footballing sense

After last night I'm feeling confident, they were pretty shit apart from Coutinho and Sturridge.

Liverpool have great forward players who can score at any time, but are shit at the back. I feel we must set-up this game to play on the counter, banks of 4 and hit hard on the break, if we play a high line it will not end well.

Mark Lawrenson's Prediction for Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur (Sunday, 16:00 BST)

Liverpool's games get tougher now. I think they're starting to believe they can win the league - and that belief grows game by game.

Sunderland made it difficult against them on Wednesday.

It felt like Liverpool started to tighten up after scoring twice.

Sunderland made changes and started to have a go and it looked closer than it should have been.

Manager Brendan Rodgers rightly points out that if Manchester City or Chelsea win all their games, they can't win it.

They'd love to, but they're reliant on other results and I don't think Liverpool will go unbeaten for the rest of the season.

I don't think Tottenham will go to Anfield and try to defend.

In fact, I don't think they can defend.

And I don't see them starting next season with Tim Sherwood in charge.

He's done a good job but when he got the 18-month contract, everyone thought he'd probably be manager until the end of the year and they'd bring someone else in.

I think he'll get a job somewhere else.

I like the fact he's tried to organise Tottenham and change the way they play.

Their problems started last July or August when they signed too many players.

The dynamic of the dressing room is very difficult.

I still believe they don't know what their best team is.

Lawro's prediction: Liverpool 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur

Lawro's 2013-14 Premier League Predictions

Back
Top Bottom