Lubed Up In Liverpool: Liverpool vs Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I reckon we experiment with an extreme high line in this match. So high, in fact, that everyone is in line with Adebayor. That'll work I'm sure.

Or go with this kind of high line...

image-of-lines-of-cocaine-007.jpg

:adegrin2:

:smesh:

Liverpool have conceded 39 Premier League goals this season.

And Spurs - a team which can't defend?

Just one more.

Problem is: Liverpool scores a boatload of goals despite having muppets as defenders. Consequently, their goal difference is insanely high.

Spurs on the other hand, has a current GD of zero.

Plz Timmy

No High line. Give Spurs a chance

Having been reading the Liverpool Forum, they have talked about our high line and how we are ripe for a raping if we play that way, in truth we are. This type of game suits old Harry's tactics, 2 banks of four defending deep and counter attacking at pace to hit their somewhat average defense, if Eriksen is playing behind Ade then Eriksen can pick Gerrard and hopefully stop his long passes.

Would go with

---------------Loris----------------
Naughton--Kaboul--Verts-Rose
----------Sandro----Bentaleb----
--Lennon---Eriksen--Townsend--
-----------------Ade-----------------

Wouldn't normally play two winger but we need to hit Liverpool at pace, this would only work obviously if we sit back and defend (park the bus) but that might be the best option.

We can see our back line is far too high, other fans can see our line being far too high, pundits can see our line being far too high...

Will Mr.Sherwood see our line is far too high?

:paulinhobored:

Maybe I am deluded, but I think we can do these red cunts. We are due for an upset/surprise win and all the pressure is on them. They also have a questionable back line. We really need to play counter attacking football to stand a chance (you hear me Timmeh?). Play that goddamned high line, and we will get raped.

:smesh:

Tim Sherwood hopes Emmanuel Adebayor will be fit to face Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday as the forward battles to overcome a heel injury.

The Spurs striker has missed the last two games and the head coach said: “We’ve got a doubt over Adebayor still, he’s got a gash on his heel. We’re hoping he’ll be fit to be in the squad.
“He’s confident that he’ll be ok. He knows his body better than we do so let’s hope he’s right with that prediction.

“With the long-term ones, [Vlad] Chiriches will play for the Under-21s this evening, he’s on his way back.

“[Erik] Lamela and [Etienne] Capoue are still a way off. Kyle Walker won’t be fit. He’s not a long way off, he’s making progress but I’m not sure, we can’t put a time on it yet. We’re just playing it by ear and seeing when he feels a bit better.”

The fear is that Mr Sherwood believes he won't stay as manager next season, and there's nothing to fight for anymore, so why not go all out attack and go out with a bang? Because YOLO etc.

Back
Top Bottom