Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Or... when we're playing in the CL final against Liverpool.
Kane's privileged ass took his spot because he's the "golden boy" of English football.

When did Lucas score in the CL final? Oh that's right he didn't because a much better player started over him and he did nothing when he was brought on.

Lucas last two seasons in the PL he has 3 and 4 goals. He can't score in the PL we know that, he has shown that. Scoring pre-season goals against MK Dons, Leyton Orient and Chelsea C doesn't change facts.

Although good job trying to shoe horn Kane hate into a discussion that has nothing to do with him. Got to feed that Kane hatred obsession.

Do you honestly think he will score more than five goals in the PL this season? He’s ineffective against decent sides in tight games, bar the odd flash. Makes stupid decisions, not for me. The Extra Inch summed him perfectly on their latest podcast
But who on our squad would score more than 5 PL goals other than Son and maybe Dele? Sissoko?

In my ideal world, as depth, I would play like this for the front 6:

------Skipp/Hoj-------Lo Celso/Ndombele

Gil/berg-------dele/moura--------Son/Berg/Gil
------------------Kane/Son

Moura has proven to be very good in that pressing number 10 role.

I would play Dele behind Kane, and Moura behind Son. Dele runs in behind Kane when he acts as a 10, and Moura presses to unleash Son when he's playing a pure 9.

Of course, ideally we get a backup God damn striker. But alas, we're Tottenham.

In PL, if Lucas starts I would prefer him in midfield running around like a madman pressing the opposition.

The front 3 should all be players who reliably get goals and assists.
Agree. He might actually be a DM. His hops make up for his height, and he pressures the ball like no one else on the team. Would chip in the odd goal on corners.

Lucas was lucky to be in the right place at the right time to get that "hattrick."

He has shown over his career and all season long that he sucks. The Ajax game was a fluke not representative of his "skill."

It is entirely reasonable to say a player that sucks and is out of his depth would not score a goal.
42-FD0339-A6-EF-446-D-B36-F-315-B18-D208-E4.gif

Or... when we're playing in the CL final against Liverpool.
Kane's privileged ass took his spot because he's the "golden boy" of English football.
Totally agree with you

Moura had earned his place in the starting lineup for that final after his heroics in the semis against Ajax

I thought it was a disgrace that Kane was preferred to start the game when he was so clearly unfit

Kane has never shown up in the biggest of matches (this might seem unfair because champions league final he had just returned from injury but he hasn’t done much in the 2 most recent finals for club and country when he was fully fit)

So if we are offered the 120-160 million being quoted if I was Daniel Levy I’d take it and run

Last edited:
I think we could make a good Rwb out of Lucas

He always gives his all when called upon and like Kyle Walker has got the pace to get himself out of trouble when needed

and I agree with most fans on here that his time at Spurs has largely been inconsistent since arriving from PSG there is a player in there somewhere just needs to be utilised in the right way imo

Back
Top Bottom