Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was just rewatching some highlights - he should really have gotten an assist too with that chance where Kane lobs Krul and 99% of the time for a peak Kane it would have gone in.

It was a nicely weighted pass and, I dunno, it feels like make he's playing with his head up a little more under Conte. We'll see. Not picking out other players rather than running into defenders like a headless chicken has been a weakness previously.
We are no longer Harry Kane ball which bodes well for the likes of our other players. I think Conte has given them the green light to shoot and be direct. It seems that Lucas is in better attacking areas instead of being stuck way out wide as he usually was over the last couple seasons.

can't fault his work ethic. He never gives up, is brave in the challenge, always willing to draw the foal and never gives up on a ball, as was seen Sunday.

But unfortunately, he's quite inconsistent as a starter. Maybe the change in managers hasn't helped. I'm certainly hoping he gets a decent run. I would like to see it come good for him, more than others.

If you look at Lucas's heatmap, you can see that he's playing much more centrally and further forward than he normally does. The past couple years, he was either 1) playing way out wide, or 2) playing very deep. He'll be a lot more consistent if he continues to play further forward and more centrally. If so, the goals will come.

SKiDGZd.jpg

he will never get the credit he deserves by some so no point arguing with the haters.

He gets the right amount of credit.

Cause he is kind of player who does give his all, fights and dribbles but his decision making and output in terms of scoring & setting up goals is less than we'd need from an attacking trio member. His goal was absolutely brilliant, but it still counts as 1 goal. Reminds me bit of Townsend in respect (though he is better footballer all in all) that he can score a screamer and then be firing blanks for next 10 games.

That being said - right now he deserves the place in starting line up. We do not have better alternatives. But going forward from here this is an issue to be resolved. We need to get better player into our best XI and Moura with his dedication could serve as a squad player.

From start of 2019/20 he has played 4645 minutes of EPL football. And during this time he has scored 8 goals and given 9 assists. That is goal or assist for every 273 minutes or roughly 3 full 90 minute game. I mean this is not horrendous, but if we want to up our game, then it is obvious that from attacking output this is not really productive enough. Even this season when he has had his moments he still has 1 goal and 1 assist for 1000 minutes.

He's bloody brilliant with a rubber ring. Check out the latest official Spurs xmas vid. If our sport was lobbing hoops at Oliver Skipp's bonce, we'd be in the CL every year.

He gets the right amount of credit.

Cause he is kind of player who does give his all, fights and dribbles but his decision making and output in terms of scoring & setting up goals is less than we'd need from an attacking trio member. His goal was absolutely brilliant, but it still counts as 1 goal. Reminds me bit of Townsend in respect (though he is better footballer all in all) that he can score a screamer and then be firing blanks for next 10 games.

That being said - right now he deserves the place in starting line up. We do not have better alternatives. But going forward from here this is an issue to be resolved. We need to get better player into our best XI and Moura with his dedication could serve as a squad player.

From start of 2019/20 he has played 4645 minutes of EPL football. And during this time he has scored 8 goals and given 9 assists. That is goal or assist for every 273 minutes or roughly 3 full 90 minute game. I mean this is not horrendous, but if we want to up our game, then it is obvious that from attacking output this is not really productive enough. Even this season when he has had his moments he still has 1 goal and 1 assist for 1000 minutes.
When the other attackers are Kane and Son, a lack of goals and assists matters less…. What does matter, is getting a creative player (s) to get on the ball, run a game and create chances. That’s where Lucas falls down for me, too often simple passes are mistimed or under hit and we lose momentum. Peak Coutinio is the style of player I want to see us get…. Will probably see Lucas improve too

When the squad gets sorted, this guy is going to be one of the ultimate squad players out there.
Should never even contemplate selling, he is a gent, a professional and he’s in it for the team.

Worth a start, worth some full games, and can really change a game when brought on.

He’ll never be who we build our team around, but then again, I wouldn’t build it around any of them at the moment.

Like Lamela, popped up with important goals and good passages of play, when the “best” players were doing fuck all.

He’s welcome here, just for his attitude alone and his legendary status is set in stone

When the squad gets sorted, this guy is going to be one of the ultimate squad players out there.
Should never even contemplate selling, he is a gent, a professional and he’s in it for the team.

Worth a start, worth some full games, and can really change a game when brought on.

He’ll never be who we build our team around, but then again, I wouldn’t build it around any of them at the moment.

Like Lamela, popped up with important goals and good passages of play, when the “best” players were doing fuck all.

He’s welcome here, just for his attitude alone and his legendary status is set in stone
You do agree we should build around Kane though, right?

:)

Back
Top Bottom