Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's a starter.
Son 12 goals involvements.
Kane 11
Lucas 8

Yes he is a starter we can all see that, the problem is he is a shit starter and we need much better if we want to compete for anything.

He is a big reason we have been at the bottom of the table in Goals scored this season.

Potentially but we need better than both.

Did you start supporting Spurs in Pochs 2nd or 3rd season, by chance?

Maybe we need to see what happens to these set, especially after the next 4 in the league, what if the uptick in Skipp, Reguilon, Davies, Dier, Sessegnon and Moura spreads further and deeper?

Kane is hugely more of an issue than Son and Moura, they seem intent on playing quick inerchanging, which skipp can moderately back up, Emile not soo much, Kane also not, again though let's see in 3 months or so what Contes broader, finer margined, gains yield in this set.

Big up Lucas, belter and beauty today, not seen many better from Spurs in my 40 years supporting them.

Did you start supporting Spurs in Pochs 2nd or 3rd season, by chance?

Maybe we need to see what happens to these set, especially after the next 4 in the league, what if the uptick in Skipp, Reguilon, Davies, Dier, Sessegnon and Moura spreads further and deeper?

Kane is hugely more of an issue than Son and Moura, they seem intent on playing quick inerchanging, which skipp can moderately back up, Emile not soo much, Kane also not, again though let's see in 3 months or so what Contes broader, finer margined, gains yield in this set.

Big up Lucas, belter and beauty today, not seen many better from Spurs in my 40 years supporting them.

No I started supporting before Poch got here.

We have constantly been saying maybe these shit players will get better. Lucas is 29, has played over 100 games for us he isn't coming good. He is what he is and that is not close to a top 4 level starter.

No I started supporting before Poch got here.

We have constantly been saying maybe these shit players will get better. Lucas is 29, has played over 100 games for us he isn't coming good. He is what he is and that is not close to a top 4 level starter.

Yet, scored 19 for PSG his last season, with our options, think he is way down our priority list right now to beat on.

Sad you want to be negative towards him on a day he scored one of our best in the last decade.

Yet, scored 19 for PSG his last season, with our options, think he is way down our priority list right now to beat on.

Sad you want to be negative towards him on a day he scored one of our best in the last decade.
I wouldn’t bother.

He’ll be choking on Lo Celso’s beanbag next week - a player who delivers significantly shitter stats.

How anyone can bash the guy on a day he's arguably put in one of his best performances in a spurs shirt is beyond me, yes he's limited, yes he makes mistakes and yes I've slated him before but fucking hell he's just been instrumental to our win, pick ya battles and give your head a wobble.

....Something something Lucas is shit

How's that saying go....?

"You might not get what you want; but you get what you deserve"

............We deserve better than Igula.

giphy.gif

What he did at PSG in 2016 matter little when the past two seasons for us he has 4 and 3 goals in the PL and this year has 1 goal in 14 games.

I am not being negative towards I said the goal he scored today was great but that doesn't change what he is as a player and that is a guy who is clearly not close to good enough to be a top 4 starter.

On a team that struggles to score or create replacing him in the starting 11 should be very near, if not at, the top of our list. He provides little to no goals or creativity at all.

a guy who is clearly not close to good enough to be a top 4 starter.

Yet, here he is, a starter in December of a team 5th, 2 points from 4th with a game in hand.

A player, more are seeing contributes much more of the silent productivity with his metronomic running.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him become a Dembele player, who we shape to get the ball at the right angles and spaces to drive us on, then with the new conditioning and dietary team helping him, he may now start to more consistently deliver after that initial burst, twist, or jink.

Fergie wanted him for a reason, maybe Conte will unlock every ounce of that potential Fergie saw, as his body is still looking superb, like one who eats healthy.

Yet, here he is, a starter in December of a team 5th, 2 points from 4th with a game in hand.

A player, more are seeing contributes much more of the silent productivity with his metronomic running.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him become a Dembele player, who we shape to get the ball at the right angles and spaces to drive us on, then with the new conditioning and dietary team helping him, he may now start to more consistently deliver after that initial burst, twist, or jink.

Fergie wanted him for a reason, maybe Conte will unlock every ounce of that potential Fergie saw, as his body is still looking superb, like one who eats healthy.

We are a team that lacks goals and creativity and he is an attacking player that provides none of that.

I guess we can point to being close to top 4 15 games into the season and pretend everything is great like people did last season when we were top of the table early on with clear warning signs.

If you really think that an attacking player with 3, 4 and now 1 goal in the PL the past 3 seasons and offers nothing else in terms of how he plays is good enough I guess you are fine with Spurs being mediocre.

Works so hard for the team. Some matches, it doesn’t come off, and his running and flicks look pointless… but that’s risk taking and attacking. If all our forwards showed similar intent then we’d be a handful to anyone.

Indeed - and this is where the non-footballers, or perhaps those with less understanding of the game, struggle to understand what he brings. It's too easy / simplistic to say he runs randomly, loses the ball too often, doesn't seem to know what he's doing - the intelligent fan will recognise the panic and disarray that his unpredictable approach causes to the opposition defence. Even when he loses it and it breaks free for a 50/50, often the damage to the opposition is already done, defenders are so scared of his approach that they are all out of shape after one of his runs, and if we pick up that 50/50 we have a great opportunity to hurt them. It's incredibly frustrating to see those few fans who clearly love Spurs and the game, but quite simply don't have the football intellect to understand what he brings to the table.

Back
Top Bottom