Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Etched in folklore......

2582716-53553030-2560-1440.jpg

Wear the badge with pride is what we ask....... And he certainly did that!

"COME ON THA SPORS!!!"

Cheers & best wishes, Lucas. 🙏

Nice lad.

He really does love the club. Think we gave him a new lease of life after PSG.

Best of luck to him.

But Christ on a bike he could be frustrating!
The frustrations were IMO mainly down to how we played him. At his best it was carrying the ball from mid into attack, the lad could dribble. Yes, what followed after this was a heads-down player, so didn't often find his target. Would have loved to have used him more as a chaos creator, have him dribble the ball, try to get in the box, so defenders couldn't touch him but have another player following him up to pick up the lose 2nd balls that followed, press the 2nd ball. Also, in certain attacking phases I would have had him rotate into central or back post positions to get on the end of crosses into the box because he had one of the best leaps and could beat players in the air half a foot taller than him.

He didn't have many moments but he definitely had THE moment of the last decade or so.
Good luck Lucas, shame you couldn't go out on a high.
Like you Mrs P I've seen us win a few trophies and I've celebrated each one as though it would be the last. BUT I don't know why, but that night in Amsterdam trumps every trophy I've seen us win. Genuinely the best night of my life supporting Spurs. The high lasted so much longer, even now I get goosebumps thinking about it, posting Three Little Birds just now and hearing it takes me back to that night again I get goosebumps listening to it.

I know to some reading this might sound odd, perhaps it is, but we can't fake what we feel.

Like you Mrs P I've seen us win a few trophies and I've celebrated each one as though it would be the last. BUT I don't know why, but that night in Amsterdam trumps every trophy I've seen us win. Genuinely the best night of my life supporting Spurs. The high lasted so much longer, even now I get goosebumps thinking about it, posting Three Little Birds just now and hearing it takes me back to that night again I get goosebumps listening to it.

I know to some reading this might sound odd, perhaps it is, but we can't fake what we feel.

Amen!

Amsterdam.... FA Cup semi 91........

Some of my fave memories are semis :chicco:

The frustrations were IMO mainly down to how we played him. At his best it was carrying the ball from mid into attack, the lad could dribble. Yes, what followed after this was a heads-down player, so didn't often find his target. Would have loved to have used him more as a chaos creator, have him dribble the ball, try to get in the box, so defenders couldn't touch him but have another player following him up to pick up the lose 2nd balls that followed, press the 2nd ball. Also, in certain attacking phases I would have had him rotate into central or back post positions to get on the end of crosses into the box because he had one of the best leaps and could beat players in the air half a foot taller than him.
He was a useful sub.

He’s actually quite an old fashioned player, dribbling direct through the middle. He’s like an early 2000s UTD sub, popping up with the occasional goal.

I don’t think he reads the game very well though. He doesn’t seem to react to what was going on around him. Just, as you say, head down and run.

Genuinely appreciate the message.

So many players have left the Club without a peep, despite a lot of love thrown their way.

Indeed. Glad to see the tweets the club has put out about it are getting a lot of love (at least the replies pushed to the top). Not really the time for Levy Outs or slagging Lucas off over his recent performances.

Very curious to see where he ends up.

There are a small handful of sports fan moments of my life that I can still feel in my bones when I think of them. Lucas' third in Amsterdam is one of those.
I just remember collapsing screaming in the pub as others looked on concerned.

:sonlol:

he wasn’t a bad buy as I don’t think he was too expensive.

Without his big moment, I think he would be considered underwhelming. Obviously it was a HUGE moment though.

Definitely not our worst signing but nowhere near our best either.

Back
Top Bottom