Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One of the most incredibly frustrating players I've ever seen in the shirt. He'd have games and cameos of absolute brilliance so you knew what he was capable of, but just always lacked consistency. I always appreciated his commitment to the club and being willing to play in the role given to him, but it was high time to move on.

Thank you Lucas for coming halfway across the world to wear the shirt, you did it with pride and humility. I was there on your debut at Rochdale and there when you gave us that unforgettable night in Amsterdam. You always had a smile on your face and gave everything on the pitch, treated badly at times but you took it with good grace and were always humble and grateful for the opportunity to join us.
May you have a happy life where ever you go next and may your God go with you.
You came to the Lane and just 'got it,' you are proper Spurs and always will be.

When he says Spurs will always be in his heart, he 100% meant it.

Nothing beats that beautiful night*

Best of luck, Lucas.

*sounds a bit filthy...but you all know what I'm talking about

Genuinely appreciate the message.

So many players have left the Club without a peep, despite a lot of love thrown their way.

Lovely message from him there and I really appreciate it.

Gave me the best footballing night I can remember. He had his frustrating moments at times but I always felt he tried his best and his heart was in it.

All the best for the future Lucas. You will always be welcome back. :lucasl:

Likeable chap. But how is this even news ? We have known this for five months at least.

The fucking stake of our media department

( I am not knocking Lucas. It’s a lovely video and his emotion is nice to share. It is the timing and cynical nature of that timing I am pushing against. Not him )

Last edited:
Likeable chap. But how is this even news ? We have known this for five months at least.

The fucking stake of our media department.

Because when a player that gave us our most glorious moment in recent years is heading into his last home match in our shirt, you gas him up a little.

It's good marketing actually.

There are a small handful of sports fan moments of my life that I can still feel in my bones when I think of them. Lucas' third in Amsterdam is one of those.
I was sat at home watching on my own, with my wife and young kids asleep upstairs.

Me, on my knees on the floor, arms in the air, screaming silently so not to wake anyone. Cat and dog looking at me like I was some weirdo. Ah, great memories.

Always gave 100%. Should of started that final and unfairly criticised in my eyes over the years. Thanks for giving your all lucas and that night in Amsterdam.

Last edited:
Was in the away end at Ajax and nothing will top that in all likelihood. The echoes of glory all around the stadium long after the final whistle will live with me forever. Cheers Lucas. Top bloke, gave everything, especially in the awkward Mou years; always humble - and very generous with the U21s this season. Always a Yid and always welcome at WHL.

:pochcry:

Because when a player that gave us our most glorious moment in recent years is heading into his last home match in our shirt, you gas him up a little.

It's good marketing actually.
Don’t get me wrong. He’s earned his place in our history. Nothing bad to say about him.

But my point remains. We have known about this for months. There are two games to play and there is absolutely no reason this cannot have breathing space at the end of the season. It’s not a shock, it’s not “new” news and therefore it’s distraction and marketing and cynical timing ( again not having a go at Lucas in anyway )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom