Man City (A) - The Adebayor Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris
Walker Dawson Kaboul Vertonghen
Sandro Capoue
Paulinho
Lamela Soldado Townsend​
Swap paulinho for Capoue and then swap out Capoue for eriksen...then it would be the perfect line up...have a feeling lamela won't start again and he will stick with siggy..wouldn't surprise me if it was sandro dembele ether..

Not even a question, if Rose is fit, he plays. Vertonghen is good at LB, but doesn't fit our system at LB at all. If Rose is still out, Chiriches plays and shift Vertonghen to LB. I would love to see Lamela and Townsend play together. I'd love to see Ade make the bench. Dawson is a must start for me.

Lloris
Walker - Dawson - Vertonghen - Rose
Sandro - Paulinho
Lamela - Eriksen - Townsend
Soldado

4-1-4-1
...…...........Hugo
Walker-Vlad-kaboom-Jantje
...............Beast
Lamela-pauly-holtby-t'aans
..........Roberto Soldado

1-0 spurs soldado (pen)

Lloris; Walker Kaboul Vlad Vertonghen; Capoue Sandro; Lamela Holtby Sigurdsson; Soldado. Can see this match really making our season but can see even more us getting turned over like they did us at the lane

If they are drawing/losing, the game will probably be like that Chelsea match, but if not ...

I wouldn't be surprised that if Man City lead ... they would also try to defend their lead, by sort of parking the bus, especially if this lead comes in the second half.

I mean, I for one didn't think that Woolwich would end up parking the bus in that early season game.
City will know how valuable 3 points will be, and they also should know that parked buses are our weakness.

Yeah, City are known to be an attacking team. But this season, points are going to be pretty valuable come end of the season, so teams might do what they normally don't do. If our problem continues to persist, I just feel teams will understand how this tactic can be effective (especially, with us, now being a CAM short). We shouldn't be shocked to see even the more attacking and stronger teams playing in such a way, if and when they lead against us.

... Just putting it out there, in case it happens.
Though I hope it's an attacking game till the end ... at least for entertainment sake.

Just can't call this one. Usually you have a idea of whats coming but wouldn't be surprised if this was a tonking from them, a bore 0-0 draw or we get another 1-0 via a Soldado pen.

Need this one going nice and early in order to prepare well

We also need to expose that 2-bob clwonshoe and re-establish our credentials against a team which would be fighting for 4th this season.

[formation="4231, Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Chiriches, Verts, Sandro, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Sigurdsson, Soldado"][/formation]

4:1

Friedel with all 6

COYS

stupid-tattoo.jpg

Peter-Crouch-gave-Tottenh-006.jpg

tumblr_mq04yxnT8a1qa8gt7o1_500.jpg

Dear Ade is a cunt.

Sorry lose 2-0 , I don't feel we are in good shape at the moment. The small flame of hope that was there at the start of the season has blown out. Ive never ever gone against us but recent performances have been woeful. I hope I'm wrong.I know this is home supporter suiscide.

I hope AVB gives Lamela his first start in the league against the Arabs.
Argentina play their last friendly tonight, so he will have plenty of time to recover.
Though something tells me AVB will play it safe again... unfortunately... I hope i'm wrong.
Vlad is supposed to have an operation on his nose, so i expect to see a back four of Walker/Dawson/Kaboul/Vert, assuming Rose is still out.
Sandro and Paulinho in the middle. Eriksen is injured, so Holtby will start.
It's going to be a tough game. I'm sure the Arabs will rise to the occasion. It's a make-or-break game for both teams.

Has to be Lamela time surely, would love to see Lennon get 30 mins if the wingers still have as bad a game as they did against Newcastle

Soldado should change his goals target he had at start season for his new aim to be passed to 10 times in a season - far more realistic

I think it will be a very similar line-up (or at least, set-up) to that of when we played Arse-anal: 4-3-3
And, I personally think, it may just be the way to go indeed.

In their last 11 games, Man City have started 10 games with 2 strikers.
And I wouldn't bet against against them doing the same again.

A 433 in this case will be a whole different scenario as compared to the Arse-anal defeat.
Last time, we gambled and it didn't work as we liked it to be. It was full power vs full creativity (plus only 1 opposing striker).

Versus City, there won't be such a case.
We may actually succeed in over-powering their midfield with our 3.

Especially with Silva out, this may just work.
City will likely play a 442 .. with the usual Toure-Fernandinho in the middle, and Aguero-Negredo up top, AND except this time it will most likely be Navas and Nasri on the wings.

As long as we put out threat-providing wingers (which I believe Lamela and Townsend should suffice for this), I honestly fancy our chances. Also remember, Kompany is out too, and they haven't quite sorted their GK issue.

Moreover, with Navas playing (and assuming Rose will still be out for one more game) Verts is likely to be turned inside out by Navas' pace and trickey. The 3 in the center will help to neutralize this problem.

All in all ...
With us being away, Sandro being a beast again, AND bearing in mind this current situation, this is a game that should be ours to win ... as long as AVB gets his starting lineup right.

I think it will be a very similar line-up (or at least, set-up) to that of when we played Arse-anal: 4-3-3
And, I personally think, it may just be the way to go indeed.

In their last 11 games, Man City have started 10 games with 2 strikers.
And I wouldn't bet against against them doing the same again.

A 433 in this case will be a whole different scenario as compared to the Arse-anal defeat.
Last time, we gambled and it didn't work as we liked it to be. It was full power vs full creativity (plus only 1 opposing striker).

Versus City, there won't be such a case.
We may actually succeed in over-powering their midfield with our 3.

Especially with Silva out, this may just work.
City will likely play a 442 .. with the usual Toure-Fernandinho in the middle, and Aguero-Negredo up top, AND except this time it will most likely be Navas and Nasri on the wings.

As long as we put out threat-providing wingers (which I believe Lamela and Townsend should suffice for this), I honestly fancy our chances. Also remember, Kompany is out too, and they haven't quite sorted their GK issue.

Moreover, with Navas playing (and assuming Rose will still be out for one more game) Verts is likely to be turned inside out by Navas' pace and trickey. The 3 in the center will help to neutralize this problem.

All in all ...
With us being away, Sandro being a beast again, AND bearing in mind this current situation, this is a game that should be ours to win ... as long as AVB gets his starting lineup right.
toure's a beast, wouldnt be too confident of overpowering them through the middle...your right though that we should line up 4-3-3 and play on the counter...only way i can see us winning here...

Back
Top Bottom