Man United [A] Sunday 14 Jan 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's your prediction?

• 3 points

Votes: 150 75.8%
  • 1 point

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • No points

Votes: 9 4.5%

• Total voters
Vicario
Porro
Romero
VDV
Udogie
Bentancur
Kulusevski
PEH
Johnson
Richarlison
Werner
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Romero VDV Udogie
Bentancur
Kulusevski PEH 
Johnson Richarlison Werner
[/lineup]

I hope...

If we are not REALLY sure about Romero, then Dragusin. If he is not ready to play then Royal.
Midfield is bit of a pickle really... with Biss and Sarr away and Lo Celso returned to his regular habitat, it's not like we have many options. Based on what I've seen in recent weeks, Id rather start PEH. He has made some interceptions and his forward-passing this season (at least statistically) has been pretty decent.

I totally disagree with thread starter who said that "Werner arrived too late".
What? Lad got announced on Wed and can already train with the side 4 days before the game... He did not have much gametime in Leipzig so he should be well rested. Now change of scenery and fresh start. Let him hit the ground running.

I mean he has to, cause we are very light of options with Madders to return, Solomon and Perisic still out, Son away and Veliz injured. It's either Werner or seeing Gil/Dane start.

Vicario
Porro
Romero
VDV
Udogie
Bentancur
Kulusevski
PEH
Johnson
Richarlison
Werner
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Romero VDV Udogie
Bentancur
Kulusevski PEH
[/lineup]

I hope...

If we are not REALLY sure about Romero, then Dragusin. If he is not ready to play then Royal.
Midfield is bit of a pickle really... with Biss and Sarr away and Lo Celso returned to his regular habitat, it's not like we have many options. Based on what I've seen in recent weeks, Id rather start PEH. He has made some interceptions and his forward-passing this season (at least statistically) has been pretty decent.

What? Lad got announced on Wed and can already train with the side 4 days before the game... He did not have much gametime in Leipzig so he should be well rested. Now change of scenery and fresh start. Let him hit the ground running.

I mean he has to, cause we are very light of options with Madders to return, Solomon and Perisic still out, Son away and Veliz injured. It's either Werner or seeing Gil/Dane start.
I'd go with that team.

Sess played midfield for the last 20 minutes or so in the FA cup game, he could be depth for us against man u in midfield
If by played midfield, you mean drifted near the midway line and didn’t attack or defend, spot on.

I know the guy is rusty and working on fitness, but that may have been the worst performance I’ve seen in years. He looked like a guy from the crowd that was plucked out to join the professionals.

Can’t imagine he’s ready to get minutes against United, even if we have nothing else.

I doubt we'll be as lucky as to see one of their players sent off whilst ours somehow also escapes a red.

Loved Lamela. Was a master of somehow not getting a deserved red.
Yeah but to be honest if they start either Martial, Hojlund, Rashford or Antony, it's like playing with 10 men. Same thing the back with Maguire, Lindelof, AWB...

Funny how Romero made a swift recovery for this match since we bought a new CB :D

All jokes aside, I've been calling for some competition for Romero for ages, he needs it - that's why you sign quality cover because it pushes the level up of your players and I reckon now you're gonna get a more focused and determined Romero who will be a lot more careful in challenges and will do his utmost to make sure he stays on the pitch.

Last edited:
re-post?

Manchester United’s goalkeeper André Onana will be available for the Premier League game against Tottenham on 14 January, 24 hours before Cameroon start their Africa Cup of Nations campaign against Guinea

Casemiro and Lisandro Martínez, meanwhile, have given Erik ten Hag a significant boost by returning to full training following long-term injuries

A Werner hat trick would be lovely!

If he can get off to a flier and get his mojo back then we'll be in business.

He was great for Leipzig first time round.

Not so much for Chelsea though.
His stats are not *that* much lower than Saka's.

That perception certainly is something.

Sess played midfield for the last 20 minutes or so in the FA cup game, he could be depth for us against man u in midfield
Depth charge is the only depth sess will bring us. A self implosion dept charge when he comes on and fucks us. He is done. 38 league games in 4 seasons. He gets away with being a wage thief ( yes yes he’s always injured) yet we all laughed and ridiculed dier but at least the man was fit and tried.

Don't forget we will be playing against new owner bounce...everyone is going to be keen to show sir Jim their best....it's not going to be easy...I'm happy with a draw on this occasion....

Vicario
Porro
Romero
VDV
Udogie
Bentancur
Kulusevski
PEH
Johnson
Richarlison
Werner
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Romero VDV Udogie
Bentancur
Kulusevski PEH
[/lineup]

I hope...

Starting PEH is a mistake....

Funny how Romero made a swift recovery for this match since we bought a new CB :D

All jokes aside, I've been calling for some competition for Romero for ages, he needs it - that's why you sign quality cover because it pushes the level up of your players and I reckon now you're gonna get a more focused and determined Romero who will be a lot more careful in challenges and will do his utmost to make sure he stays on the pitch.
Or we'll see a Romero unleashed that no longer fears suspensions now we have better cover!
:lamelaaghh:

Starting PEH is a mistake....

Well, I would start Iniesta in his prime.

But we don't have him available, do we.

It boils down to pick between PEH and Skippy. I have watched all the games we've played under Ange, and PEH has been better. I think it was against Everton where he made the interception that put Lo Celso in good position to make an assist to Sonny.

Haven't seen such contribution from Skippy this season.

Don't forget we will be playing against new owner bounce...everyone is going to be keen to show sir Jim their best....it's not going to be easy...I'm happy with a draw on this occasion....

Now tell me, what could impact the playing squad more.

Either 1/4 of your employer ownership was transferred.
Or that you have 2 new, strong, full internationals in your squad to improve mood and fighting spirit?!?

Back
Top Bottom