Man United [A] Sunday 14 Jan 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's your prediction?

• 3 points

Votes: 150 75.8%
  • 1 point

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • No points

Votes: 9 4.5%

• Total voters
In two minds about Romero. I would rather wait until he is 100% before trying him.
But maybe Ange is being a bit coy about his true level of fitness and starts him!

Can't see him being started at all, too risky.

But if Van de Ven thinks he's done after say 60 mins, its too much of an ask to put Dorrington on for that length of time for a debut ?.

Alternatively Amge relies on Royal as the experienced back up.

In two minds about Romero. I would rather wait until he is 100% before trying him.
But maybe Ange is being a bit coy about his true level of fitness and starts him!
I think Ange is playing games. Fully expect Cuti to start on Sunday depending on Drago . If Dragusin is available I think he might start him and give Cuti more time

What am I missing about Romero ? This is from the OS

Cristian Romero, James Maddison, Ivan Perisic and Manor Solomon remain our longer term absentees, while captain Heung-Min Son (Asian Cup) and Pape Matar Sarr and Yves Bissouma (Africa Cup of Nations) are away on international duty.

It’s been 19 hours. Why the fuck haven’t we signed a replacement for Dragusin in case he gets injured.

Fucking banter club only having replacements for our first team players. We should have replacements for our replacements. In fact we should have replacements for our replacements replacements.

ENIC OUT/LEVY OUT. BRING BACK ALAN SUGAR. BRING BACK JUANDE RAMOS.

Cristian Romero, James Maddison, Ivan Perisic and Manor Solomon remain our longer term absentees, while captain Heung-Min Son (Asian Cup) and Pape Matar Sarr and Yves Bissouma (Africa Cup of Nations) are away on international duty.
Ange said he's back in training, but United might be a bit soon for him.

from

vicario, forster

porro, royal, udogie, sessegnon

romero, dragusin, van de ven, dorrington

hojbjerg, bentancur, donley, kulusevski, skipp

gil, werner, richarlison, johnson, santiago

still on 8 >.< (8.5? romero?)
davies, sarr, bissouma, maddison, lo celso, solomon, perisic, son

If the OS say Romero is out, he's out.

Then there is this from Ange:

View: https://x.com/TheSpursExpress/status/1745821141233496076?s=20

Saying that the early signings wasn't so important for Sunday...

Still expect Werner to start but wouldn't be surprised if Dragusin doesn't.

We're all caught up with the signings but it's easy to forget how ravaged our squad still is. For this we'll be missing Romero, Davies, Bissouma, Sarr, Lo Celso, Maddison, Solomon, Perisic and Son, if I'm not forgetting anyone. That's 9 players who would be in the squad, arguably 5 who would be on the pitch, including our top scorer and captain.

It will be an absolutely incredible result if we win on Sunday, and it's credit to Ange that we're even thinking so optimistically given the state of our injuries.

Can't see him being started at all, too risky.

But if Van de Ven thinks he's done after say 60 mins, its too much of an ask to put Dorrington on for that length of time for a debut ?.

Alternatively Amge relies on Royal as the experienced back up.
At OT in a crucial league match that is likely to be very close after 60 minutes? Sounds daft to me. If needed, Royal will stand in.

We're all caught up with the signings but it's easy to forget how ravaged our squad still is. For this we'll be missing Romero, Davies, Bissouma, Sarr, Lo Celso, Maddison, Solomon, Perisic and Son, if I'm not forgetting anyone. That's 9 players who would be in the squad, arguably 5 who would be on the pitch, including our top scorer and captain.

It will be an absolutely incredible result if we win on Sunday, and it's credit to Ange that we're even thinking so optimistically given the state of our injuries.
Winning on Sunday would be huge. Because it feels like from that point onwards (touch wood) we will be a stronger and stronger squad.

We have a seriously shit record there, im going to sit on the fence and predict a draw considering our main goal threat is now somewhere in Asia

I have no idea. Maybe he already trained today and they can do a light session or walk through tomorrow before Sunday.

All I'm saying is I hope Romero can play because then Romero and VDV is great with Dragu on the bench.

Expecting that Dragu is ready to start away at OT is a bit far-fetched imo.

Everything considered; given the choice of:

1. Emerson/VDV

or

2. Radu/VDV

I'm still picking option 2. Radu is still vastly more experienced at CB than a back-up RB who's winging it to the best of his abilities.

I’d be surprised if he never trained today but you never know with all the rules nowadays.
I’ve not seen the presser but did Ange not mention if he trained or not? Did anyone think to ask that question ?🤣

Well he's been photographed in the gym with the lads today so there's no difference really.

Back
Top Bottom