Man United [A] Sunday 14 Jan 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's your prediction?

• 3 points

Votes: 150 75.8%
  • 1 point

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • No points

Votes: 9 4.5%

• Total voters
Missing Son, Sarr & Biss is going to be huge, we all know it.

The ability to run the midfield in what will probably be Kulu, Bentancur & PEH vs. Eriksen, Mainoo & Fernandes will win this game.

I think that's a fairly evens midfield battle, ability wise - Mainoo showing well, Eriksen's legs have all but gone but he can still do it & Fernandes on his day can win matches on his own.

May well that be that I'm completely off here, but I'm not hugely confident we will turn them over, regardless of their form. We've been okay lately, and add in Werner as a surprise package this weekend, we still play far better than them as a team.

We might have a marginally better bench than theirs, but only just. Both made up of want nots and academy kids.

score draw for me 2-2

I think it’s unlikely that Hojbjerg starts, Ange has clearly shown that Skipp is ahead of him based on recent selections.

Hojbjerg has started two games in the last few months against Wolves and Brighton, we lost both.

What is "Gulp" about that?

Pretty much as expected.

Nervous about the fixture.

Don't think that midfield is particularly well balanced and I think we're alot weaker with either Skipp or Hojbjerg in there.

Give me the draw. Get out of there and then go into our next fixture with Maddison back.

Don't think that midfield is particularly well balanced and I think we're alot weaker with either Skipp or Hojbjerg in there.

Give me the draw. Get out of there and then go into our next fixture with Maddison back.

Man up! We're going to fuck them up, and there's nothing you or Erik Ten Fart can do about it.
:dembelefingers:

Scarlett, Davies and GLC are injured.
Assuming Reguillon is on his way.
These are all our fit players:
Edit: He did not mention Solomon

1ST TEAMSUBS
VICARIOFORSTER
PORROROYAL
UDOGIESESSEGNON
DRAGUSINDORRINGTON
VDV
SKIPPHOJBJERG
BENTACURGIL
JOHNSONSANTIAGO
KULUSEVSKIDONLEY
WERNERACADEMY PLAYER/Solomon
RICHARLISON

I think there is a better chance that Romero is on bench replacing maybe Solomon or Santiago or Sessegnon.

If necessary he might come off bench for 30 mins if Van de Ven struggling ?

I think there is a better chance that Romero is on bench replacing maybe Solomon or Santiago or Sessegnon.

If necessary he might come off bench for 30 mins if Van de Ven struggling ?
In two minds about Romero. I would rather wait until he is 100% before trying him.
But maybe Ange is being a bit coy about his true level of fitness and starts him!

In two minds about Romero. I would rather wait until he is 100% before trying him.
But maybe Ange is being a bit coy about his true level of fitness and starts him!
I don’t think Ange will risk him if he’s not fit. He’s not Jose, taking short Term risks

I would take a draw.

No Madders or Son is a worry for our goal threat. I'm preparing for a super frustrating game with us fluffing loads of chances.

Bentancur and PEH have played well together in the past but I am not sold on Kulu as a 10, I think he's only had 1 good game there (against a shot Newcastle).

That said, United are a very poor side at the moment and we finally have some CBs in the team. A real hard result to call.

I think it’s unlikely that Hojbjerg starts, Ange has clearly shown that Skipp is ahead of him based on recent selections.

Hojbjerg has started two games in the last few months against Wolves and Brighton, we lost both.
Comfortably the 2 worst performances this season. Not saying thats all down to Hojbjerg obviously but cant imagine its gone unnoticed. As limited as Skipp is i think he's a better 6 than Hojbjerg and at least offers a bit more energy.

Work permit means he can't train?

.....How strict is that shit in practical terms?

Dunno.

As I understand it; 'guests' can train with a club without being registered to play... Surely the work permit is part of the registration red-tape.
I’d be surprised if he never trained today but you never know with all the rules nowadays.
I’ve not seen the presser but did Ange not mention if he trained or not? Did anyone think to ask that question ?🤣

I have no idea. Maybe he already trained today and they can do a light session or walk through tomorrow before Sunday.

All I'm saying is I hope Romero can play because then Romero and VDV is great with Dragu on the bench.

Expecting that Dragu is ready to start away at OT is a bit far-fetched imo.
It’s not because he’s played all season and Ange is quite brave with his decisions like that. He played VDV after one session,brought back bentancur after a few training sessions and madders starting on Sunday!!!!😜

Back
Top Bottom