Man United [A] Sunday 14 Jan 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's your prediction?

• 3 points

Votes: 150 75.8%
  • 1 point

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • No points

Votes: 9 4.5%

• Total voters
Injury news from Ange:

"Both obviously came off in the last game," Ange began. "Ben has got a hamstring injury so it'll probably be around four or five weeks (out for him).

"Gio is similar but it is a little bit more complicated. We're still trying to get to the bottom of it. I think he is having another assessment on Monday but he will miss this game (United clash).

"Dane Scarlett also picked up a knock in training so he will miss out this weekend as well."

Injury news from Ange:

"Both obviously came off in the last game," Ange began. "Ben has got a hamstring injury so it'll probably be around four or five weeks (out for him).

"Gio is similar but it is a little bit more complicated. We're still trying to get to the bottom of it. I think he is having another assessment on Monday but he will miss this game (United clash).

"Dane Scarlett also picked up a knock in training so he will miss out this weekend as well."

fucking GLC and injuries. His body just can't do prem football.

Hmmmm

Just in fucking time eh?

Still doesn’t help them score at that’s their biggest problem.

Also casimero is a fat piece of shit.
Martinez is the only one that improves them. The rest are done or hopeless. If Martinez plays we have to start Werner central and run in behind him. He won’t though as I think he’ll start on the left.

Is it just me or are there less training videos from the training pitch? Get the feeling we are not letting our secrets out and we might see a sneaky madders appearance on Sunday.

I'm a big fan of Richy as you probably guessed by my user name but I agree he needs to maintain this form for a few more games before we cam say he's turned it around. What this run of form does show is that he can finish at prem level.

In terms of all round game I think Richy gets tarnished by the bad finishing in the past. He has regularly been a great out of possession forward pressing from the front and linked up the play well so I have no doubts that he will deliver that regardless of the finishing run.
But for offsides, Richie could have scored about 8 goals in the last three games. It's his positioning that's more of an issue right now than finishing.

Team news tells us really :

Vicario
Porro - Dragusin - Van de Ven - Udogie
Kulusevski - Bentancur - Skipp/Hojbjerg
Johnson - Richarlison - Werner
Gulp.

Seriously?

SERIOUSLY? :D

OUR FRONT LINE is memes?
Not like... 95-mil-1-goal-Anthony?
Not like...75-mil-better-signing-then-Kane-1 goal- Hjojlund?
Not like...50-mil-ages-ago-should-I-stay-or-should-I-go-Martial?
Not like.... englands-generational-talent-Barcelona-wants-him-3-goals-Rashford?

I mean Werner did not live up to expectations in Chelsea, sure.
But with first half of his first EPL season he was on 4 goals + 5 assists (!) Hjojlund sits on 1+0 right now.
So whowever you look, Hjojlund is 4x (if not 9x) as meme as Werner ever was.

Sure, we need better than Richie in the long term. But make NO MISTAKE - he has scored as many EPL goals than these FOUR combined.

And we are meme-frontline :D ?

Not to mention Slabhead and When-you-get-Pep-from-Wish-baldy ?!?

EDIT: not saying that we are guaranteed to win or anything. We have to still perform very well in this one, no doubt. But just from the-meem-material point of view - they are 10x more memic then us. Literally THIRD OF A BILLION poured into the frontline that has 6 goals between themselves ...
I don't keep a tab on other teams transfers, but the numbers you posted sounded like they were magnitudes out. Then I checked....

Looks like if you're talking € you're about right.

What the fuck are United doing? Why would you pay that sort of money for Hojlund? He's a kid who scored 9 league goals in a season in Serie A. I just don't get it. OK there probably is a "you can afford it" tax on Man Utd, but fuck me. Van Gaal said they have to pay £10m more than anyone else. Even if that's the case, who was going to be paying 70 or 80 million Euros for the boy?

They have been criminally mismanaged.

And I love it.

Back
Top Bottom