Man United [A] Sunday 14 Jan 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's your prediction?

• 3 points

Votes: 150 75.8%
  • 1 point

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • No points

Votes: 9 4.5%

• Total voters
Check out how many matches we’ve won this season when PEH starts/plays in the first half.

That’ll change your mind

Hojbjerg is a good closing player, someone who can calm the game down at 60-70 mins. I’d start Skipp then replace later on.

I think if this is thew case we go with Kulu and Rodrigo and either Skipp or Hjojberg.

Probably go with the below then Hojbjerg for Skipp late on to see the game out.

Vicario
Porro Romero VDV Udogie
Skipp Bentancur Kulusevski
Johnson Richarlison Werner

In a few weeks we should have Maddison, Bissouma, Sarr, Son, Solomon back which is important.

Probably go with the below then Hojbjerg for Skipp late on to see the game out.

Vicario
Porro Romero VDV Udogie
Skipp Bentancur Kulusevski

In a few weeks we should have Maddison, Bissouma, Sarr, Son, Solomon back which is important.
Thats still a very good team, having Romero and VDV back would also be huge and put less pressure on Skipp. Im excited about this game!

View: https://x.com/pokeefe1/status/1745043102463574462?s=46&t=Gc6HrWVZT0mtSXU7r8ZBIQ

Frustrating that against United we could be missing Bissouma, Sarr, Maddison, Lo Celso in the middle.

I have faith that between them Bentancur & Kulu can knit things together nicely enough..... So long as PEH or Skipp can supplement them with legs and energy we should be good in that dept.

.......Werner will prove valuable here cos we don't have to worry about taking Kulu off the wing leaving us a bit thin.

I don't want to see VDV play, Old Trafford with a high line will be very intense.

Give him a few more weeks.

Let Dragusin and Davies play at the back.
Why do people not know Davies is injured???!!!
It will be Dragusin and VDV or Royal and VDV.
Romero not far away either.
I hope it’s Dragusin and VDV and Romero gets some training in before he comes back in.

I have faith that between them Bentancur & Kulu can knit things together nicely enough..... So long as PEH or Skipp can supplement them with legs and energy we should be good in that dept.

.......Werner will prove valuable here cos we don't have to worry about taking Kulu off the wing leaving us a bit thin.

There is also the rumour Solomon could be back or close to back. He is decentish and far more impactful than Bryan Gil, Werner and Solomon should be good to cover the left wing.

There is also the rumour Solomon could be back or close to back. He is decentish and far more impactful than Bryan Gil, Werner and Solomon should be good to cover the left wing.

He'll be back soon either way.....

There's finally light at the end of the tunnel......

Davies, GLC, Sarr & Veliz still a concern, but most (if not all) of the others should be back over the next few weeks.

I Agree PEH is better coming on but he is also simply better all round than Skipp.

So starting Skipp just so you can bring PEH on doesn't make sense.

The issue you have with PEH is when he plays full games his level tends to drop as the game goes on, he is best closing the game out and for that he needs to be on later, his better performances come as a sub at least from when I have watched him.

The issue you have with PEH is when he plays full games his level tends to drop as the game goes on, he is best closing the game out and for that he needs to be on later, his better performances come as a sub at least from when I have watched him.
I agree though right now starting with Skipp is like playing with 10.5 men

Vicario
Porro
Dragusin
VDV
Udogie
Hojbjerg
Bentancur
Kulusevski
Johnson
Richarlison
Werner
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario 
Porro Dragusin VDV Udogie 
Hojbjerg
Bentancur Kulusevski
[/lineup]

Pretty strong lineup considering our injuries. Man Utd are shite, if Brighton, Palace and Bournemouth can go up there and smash them at home there's absolutely no reason to think that we can't. They did have some decent chances against us in the reverse fixture but we are more settled as a team now and their problem remains they have no one to put the ball in the net with Rashford well off the boil again and Hojlund a complete waste of money. I'll be really disappointed if we can't at least avoid a defeat here.

Vicario
Porro
Romero
VDV
Destiny
Bentancur
PEH
Deki
Johnson
Richy
Werner
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Romero VDV Destiny
Bentancur
PEH Deki
Johnson Richy Werner
[/lineup]

Dragu comes on about 60min to protect VDV hammy.

Vicario
Porro
Dragusin
VDV
Udogie
Hojbjerg
Bentancur
Kulusevski
Johnson
Richarlison
Werner
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Hojbjerg
Bentancur Kulusevski
[/lineup]

Pretty strong lineup considering our injuries. Man Utd are shite, if Brighton, Palace and Bournemouth can go up there and smash them at home there's absolutely no reason to think that we can't. They did have some decent chances against us in the reverse fixture but we are more settled as a team now and their problem remains they have no one to put the ball in the net with Rashford well off the boil again and Hojlund a complete waste of money. I'll be really disappointed if we can't at least avoid a defeat here.

But then they went and got a 3-2 win at home to Villa after being 0-2 down.

You never know what Man Utd will show up.

Vicario
Porro
Dragusin
VDV
Udogie
Hojbjerg
Bentancur
Kulusevski
Johnson
Richarlison
Werner
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Hojbjerg
Bentancur Kulusevski
[/lineup]

Hojbjerg playing that position is the last thing I will do, too error prone to play as CDM, we need a more capable player to play there.

Back
Top Bottom