Man Utd (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have Amazon Prime. Just worried about the sheer number of people trying to stream live around the world. Finished setting up my new Roku this morning as a matter of fact so I should be good to go through the holiday season.

I hope you are joking :D

Amazon Web Services is one of THE MOST POWERFUL web hosting solutions globally. FBI, CIA, Facebook, Netflix, etc use their infrastructure... so yea, I kinda assume it could handle traffic from match between EPL 5th and 9th team 😄

I think Jose is SO up for this, it’ll be really important to him personally and he’ll die to win it.
Given his tactical ability and his eye for the progress of a game, I reckon we’ll win it whatever happens.

Bit worried about their pace with Martial and Rashford.

But we should also have too much for them in our attack.

Everyone says Jose is a big game manager, now let's see it for Spurs.

1-3

COYS!

I could be wrong, but this will be a matter of who scores more. Having said that, it's still one of the worst team they had in years, so I won't be content with a draw.

I could be wrong, but this will be a matter of who scores more. Having said that, it's still one of the worst team they had in years, so I won't be content with a draw.

I never thought about the ‘who scores more’ rule
You could be on to something

:dierpochhug:

I think Jose is SO up for this, it’ll be really important to him personally and he’ll die to win it.
Given his tactical ability and his eye for the progress of a game, I reckon we’ll win it whatever happens.

Imagine José looking up at Woodward after we win

:mourear:

As bad as we have shown we can be this season, I think we are on the road to recovery. whereas they are genuinely shite, a shadow of what they once were. I now fully expect to win at Old Trafford every season and will be frustrated if we don’t

Ole isn't afraid to park the bus and i'm sure he will be determined to not lose. So expecting a tight match to be honest.

Well, we saw quite well against Bournemouth that playing in defense does not mean we don't attack.
I think missing thought - through and direct counter-attacks was one of important issues under Poch in last year or so...
We always attacked slowly, against side that had two lines set up before we got near their box.

I am totally willing to see ManU having 60% of the ball until we hit them with directness and use our chances ;) !

We always attacked slowly, against side that had two lines set up before we got near their box.

Yes, exactly. That’s what annoyed me most about Poch’s approach. We always gave the opposition time to regroup and then we tried to push through a throng of defenders.
The long ball strategy that Jose is favouring is a much better way to play football, especially against teams that park the bus and it’s much more entertaining as well.

Yes, exactly. That’s what annoyed me most about Poch’s approach. We always gave the opposition time to regroup and then we tried to push through a throng of defenders.
The long ball strategy that Jose is favouring is a much better way to play football, especially against teams that park the bus and it’s much more entertaining as well.

It does not only have to be long-ball strategy. I think this is one tool from the toolbox.
Other thing is to take more risks on the balls that are played forward. We are now trying to play one-touch-passes (mainly Alli playing them) that could help us get through the defense faster. Under Poch we played possession-based and not-to-lose-the-ball kind of way all over the field, including near opposite team box.

We should be going for the win, they are shit. Having said that Ole was able to draw against Liverpool by playing a very defensive counter attacking game and letting them have the ball, he will do the same to us. He knows that if they try and force the game we will destroy them on the break and that we struggle to create against a parked bus.

It’s going to come down to our defence. If we can defend with intensity for 90 minutes, we are going to win. If we let people walk past us like we have been doing in the first and last 15 minutes of recent games, Rashfird is going to cause trouble.

They are probably going to be without their 2 main CM's again.

----------------------Gazza----------------------
Aurier-------Sanchez---Toby----Vertonghen
----------------Sissoko---N'dombele------------
----Lucas------------Alli----------------Son-----
-----------------------Kane-----------------------

Back
Top Bottom