Man Utd (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can someone check on bus-conductor bus-conductor please? I’m concerned he may well have had a heart attack watching Sissoko tonight. Not his best game I’m afraid. That midfield really is an issue for us isn’t it.

Sissoko played very well on the right on Saturday so why not play him there again. Why do managers consistently feel the need to move players around. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it

I have faith Jose can turn this around, it’s all part of the plan , if we are out of contention for top 4 we can rest players in the PL for the CL , we are still going to win the double this season and by losing tonight ole is still the United manager for another few weeks so it’s a good night. You just need to be able to see the bigger picture

The rose glasses that people view Sissoko with really needs to stop right now. “He puts a great shift in”. Absolute grade A dung. He’s useless and has no business starting at central midfield in any team who have aspirations of being successful.

Any of his fans come at me.

Right

outside now you caaant

They dominated our midfield for most of the game until Lucas got subbed off.
I can’t really blame Kane for not getting any chances but he needs to put effort into finding spaces instead of just sitting in between 3-4 defenders right by the goal post hoping to see any balls making through.
José is now understands why we are 23pts off Liverpool so maybe he’s going to think harder with this loss. Because he’s got some cleaning to do in this club.

Sissoko played very well on the right on Saturday so why not play him there again. Why do managers consistently feel the need to move players around. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it
Wanted to bring Lucas back in? That’s an experiment that needs to end sooner rather than later- without the MF passing the through ball for him to run on to, he’s always forced to drop back and then scrabble into the middle before passing it to the opposition.

I was surprised at how bad you were tonight. Easiest game we’ve had at Old Trafford all season.

Jose really got his tactics wrong. Apart from Rashford I thought we were ordinary.
So jealous you have Ole at the wheel.

Good luck for the future, tonight aside, you're going to need it.

Defence isn't much better.
It seemed to me for the first half at least that Aurier was always in the exact opposite position to where he was needed. When he should have been in the right back position he was still in the Utd half and vice versa. I think Sánchez is doing OK. Verts was on a hiding to nothing with the speed of their attack tonight.

Kane performed like a player with no competition for his place.

Uninterested and unmotivated.
A bold play for Haaland would spark a fire under his ass. But the horde would scream bloody murder because he's one of our own but so is Winks and he takes a beating. Performances like this don't really help us though.

But in Kane's defense he is half the player he can be when we have such little control of the play. And trying to get the best out of Dele is going to be detrimental to Harry because they benefit from the exact opposite thing with our current squad.

#Rondon

Probably the biggest takeaway from the fist couple of games under Mourinho is how much it has highlighted the fragile mentality of this squad.

Cruising to victories then almost collapsing late on, going 2-0 down to mediocre european opposition at home and being awful against a very average Utd side.

We've done very well to win 3 out of 4 so I'm optimistic the team will imprve a lot over the next few months
Obviously it cant be rectified by Mourinho in a few games but the team also needs to defend better as we are conceding far too many goals

Back
Top Bottom