Marin to Chelsea? Interesting...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

[edit]He's linked with a different club every week. Last week he was poised to join Spurs, now he's just had a medical at Chelsea despite being in the middle of a season with Bremen

Moving on in the summer, fingers crossed for us becasue he's the best of the wingers we've been linked with

Raitei said:
He's actually signed for them, it's not a rumour. On their official.
Shit player. Never wanted him at spurs :bmj:[/edit]

Thelonious said:
spooky said:
I know his a winger T, we could do with one of them.
I'm just frustrated with people thinking they won't go for Luka because they've signed Marin

Even if he wasn't a winger, I don't understand why people think that if a club sign a player they won't sign another of his ilk, it's called having a squad. Just because our management doesn't understand that, doesn't mean others won't.

It's because he's small.

I'm being told he's had a shit season? Seem to be getting conflicting opinions on recent form. Judging by the number of assists he's got, I'm sure he's done enough to bag himself the move based on that.

linnet_spur said:
Thelonious said:
spooky said:
I know his a winger T, we could do with one of them.
I'm just frustrated with people thinking they won't go for Luka because they've signed Marin

Even if he wasn't a winger, I don't understand why people think that if a club sign a player they won't sign another of his ilk, it's called having a squad. Just because our management doesn't understand that, doesn't mean others won't.
THIS! :parker:

spooky said:
I'm being told he's had a shit season? Seem to be getting conflicting opinions on recent form. Judging by the number of assists he's got, I'm sure he's done enough to bag himself the move based on that.

To be fair to him Bremen have had a fucking atrocious season rather than just him. The season before we played them they were one of the best teams in the Bundesliga, a great attacking side that Marin was building a reputation in. Since then they've shed players every season and are currently 10th. For a side built on good attacking football their top scorer is Pizarro on 16, no one else has double figures and they haven't won in weeks. In many ways they are quite similar to a certain club from North London.

Marin's been out a lot this season so his stats are a little misleading, but watching them play you get the sense he is no longer developing as he was. Injuries have affected him and a lot of his game is based on mobility. He is quick but his ability to control the ball and get out of tricky areas is his greatest asset. With his injury problems it's not a surprise he can't weave his way out of cul de sac's as he usually does.

Still a great player. It will interesting to see what Chelsea do with him. He can play wide forward but is more a winger. I don't know how he would fit the traditional Chelsea 4-3-3. He strikes me as much more an AVB type midfield player than a Mourinho winger/wide forward.

Also the timing isn't that strange. A lot of German clubs get their business done at the end of the season before the window opens. It keeps prices lower and German teams generally have a much greater focus on overall team structure than English ones. Bremen will already be planning the team for the first game of next season and want to know as soon as possible what that team and the tactics will be.

We'll see, they might ship out some dead wood now. Luka going to Man U would hurt a lot less than him going Chelsea I suppose

Definitely. He's going - I really believe that, but if he goes to United I don't mind as much, so long as we get a good price. I'll be devastated if he goes to the chavs.

Back
Top Bottom