Mark Hughes Sacked, Redknapp In

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Granero for Huddlestone, straight swap. "I ain't a fackin' wheelah deelah."

On the real, I think a lot of these links are never gonna pan out. I really thought Daws was gone on deadline day last time around. The fact he stayed makes me a bit more optimistic that we'll keep him. Levy will want to save face and he'll be reluctant to give Redknapp anyone IMO. And rightly so.

Not even Jenas!!!

QPR: Harry Redknapp takes over as manager

Comments (276)

Queens Park Rangers have appointed Harry Redknapp as manager on a two-and-a-half year contract.
The 65-year-old will watch his new team from the stands when Rangers play Manchester United at Old Trafford in the Premier League on Saturday.
"This was too good an opportunity to turn down," said Redknapp.
He succeeds Mark Hughes, who was sacked on Friday with QPR bottom of the Premier League table, and without a win in their opening 12 games.
More to follow.

why do you think that Levy - a businessman, would be reluctant to sell players his manager doesn't want to Redknapp?

I'm pretty sure the players that Redknapp would want aren't the ones he benched and sent out on loan while he was here. They'd be Parker, Defoe, and Dawson. Don't think Levy will be willing to sell them to HR unless the price is very very right.

Could see Defoe being available if we were to get in a superstar striker. Or if they offered Zamora :baletroll:

Still think Arry has a big job on his hands QPR have a team of shit passed it stars who were never really good enough in their day let alone now.

Could see Defoe being available if we were to get in a superstar striker. Or if they offered Zamora :baletroll:

Still think Arry has a big job on his hands QPR have a team of shit passed it stars who were never really good enough in their day let alone now.

Why do you think he took the job, instead of trying to build a squad of them he now has one ready made.

Feel sorry for qpr - I can't see them having anyone strong enough above Redknapp to stop him from pursuing players like joe cole.........they could end up in a real mess

Feel sorry for qpr - I can't see them having anyone strong enough above Redknapp to stop him from pursuing players like joe cole.........they could end up in a real mess
Joe Cole isn't capable of playing for a relegation side? I dunno, this is really the level that Redknapp excels at. I'm sure he is capable of making signgins capable of helping.

The inevitable Defoe link is already in the papers this morning.

Could be another Portsmouth on the cards here. Look how many high played "stars" they already have. Add to that any wheeler dealering Harry does and their flaky owners and you have exactly the same situation.

ICE BERG DEAD AHEAD!!!!

I would just like to point out that I called this when only 7 games had been played.

t8zvc.gif

i reckon Scott Parker will be the one he goes for if anyone. Harry made it quite clear he's in love with him. probably wouldnt be the worst thing in the world either, for both parties. if we recouped most of the money we spent on him, its win win really.

jesus you lot are pathetic. The best bloody manager we've had in years and you lot are queueing up to take swipes at him.

He's a good manager, but his purchasing policy isn't the most financially prudent, clubs without extensive revenue can't sustain him for long.

jesus you lot are pathetic. The best bloody manager we've had in years and you lot are queueing up to take swipes at him.
tbf, the guy's a living breathing cliche. He was fit for purpose when we signed him and he had run his natural course when he departed. And good luck to him, he's going to need it.

For the record, it's not so much 'taking swipes' as 'lining them up' at the moment.

Par example, one of 1st interviews so far (R5 not wasting time clearly) he mentioned:

- Beckham

- 4pf13g

There's not a bookie in the world who would have given me odds on these two popping up. :harrylol:

tbf, the guy's a living breathing cliche. He was fit for purpose when we signed him and he had run his natural course when he departed. And good luck to him, he's going to need it.

For the record, it's not so much 'taking swipes' as 'lining them up' at the moment.

Par example, one of 1st interviews so far (R5 not wasting time clearly) he mentioned:

- Beckham

- 4pf13g

There's not a bookie in the world who would have given me odds on these two popping up. :harrylol:
And you have achieved exactly what in football management?

and I mean really managing people playing football, as opposed to PS3 controls.

Yet you feel you have the right to take the piss out of someone who has the best track record of any of our PL managers, and who produced the best football seen at WHL since 1961 (and lets face it, if we are honest - football was dogshit back then)

and all you can come up with is to slate him for not having a wide range of witty repartee and interesting responses to reporters questions. I know who I'm impressed by - and its not smart arses who use sites like this to attempt to denigrate the guy.

Back
Top Bottom