Martin Jol

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not fussed, but it does annoy me when he doesn't wear a suit on match days, but I think that's a personal thing.

Jimmy was referencing a song. We used to sing songs at Spurs back then.

Big Martin was ace. He seemed like the kind of bloke you'd love to go out on the piss with. I think the players seemed to love him too.

You're correct that he was shit at tactics but the football entertainment was brilliant.

I know it's a cliché but results aren't everything. When we had Berbatov, Keane and Lennon taking the piss and playing the game* for the right reasons -- fun and enjoyment -- it was fucking immense.

*we often forget that that's what it is. It's a game, to be a source of enjoyment, not a cure for cancer or third world poverty. (I hate the famous Shankly quote. I wonder what his mrs and kids thought of that bollocks.)

Tl;dr Jol felt like one of us.

Spoke to someone ITK at Fulham today, they reckon the owner is keen for them to pit their wits together and work as a team, almost dual manage, but without the title.

Both being Dutch and heavily experienced, I guess it isn't impossible.

BMJ was great. Took us out of the doldrums of the negative Santini reign and got us playing entertaining football, with some good young talent coming through. We got European football, which had been a pipe dream until then and he got WHL rocking on match days. Yes he probably maxed out with us in terms of achievement, but we will never know. The way he was sacked was disgusting and Levy went down in my estimation and so did the club in my eyes as I thought we were better than that.

BMJ was great. Took us out of the doldrums of the negative Santini reign and got us playing entertaining football, with some good young talent coming through. We got European football, which had been a pipe dream until then and he got WHL rocking on match days. Yes he probably maxed out with us in terms of achievement, but we will never know. The way he was sacked was disgusting and Levy went down in my estimation and so did the club in my eyes as I thought we were better than that.
:levystare:

Spoke to someone ITK at Fulham today, they reckon the owner is keen for them to pit their wits together and work as a team, almost dual manage, but without the title.

I got that impression as well with the Dutch connection, although the owner could always be another Gustavo Fring. If he is purposefully undermining Jol then I feel for BMJ a bit as his Spurs departure wasn't exactly dealt with in the most ethical of ways either. It's the same kind of egos letting him down again. Signing Darren Bent was never really a good omen.

About dozen games is hardly a "reign".

Agree with the rest to some extent though, so carry on.

I got that impression as well with the Dutch connection, although the owner could always be another Gustavo Fring. If he is purposefully undermining Jol then I feel for BMJ a bit as his Spurs departure wasn't exactly dealt with in the most ethical of ways either. It's the same kind of egos letting him down again. Signing Darren Bent was never really a good omen.
tyrusbreakingbad.png

The Dutch aren't know for their in fighting are they? :adelol:

Back
Top Bottom