Match Thread: Stevenage (A) F.A. Cup 5th Round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Flannerz said:
Eskimo said:
Flannerz said:
I'm going but will be with the Stevenage fans

You should have a lot of company there was plenty of Spurs in the queue last sunday...

Mines in the West Sta....Cow Shed.
Good good, what pub will everyone be in before the game?

closest pub to the ground is Our Mutual Friend, which is about 5 minutes past the ground if you're coming from the town centre. It's only a small neighbourhood pub as well.
The ground is a fair walk from the station as well, so if you're drinking in the town centre allow some time.

Any other Spurs going down, Chicago's on the Leisure Park which is next to the station opens at 1pm and has pints for £2. Might be heading down there with some mates, not sure yet, depends on whether I have the boy tomorrow.

The Old Town is the opposite way from the ground for anyone thinking of heading that way who is going to the game.

When I went to Stevenage away in the Exeter end for a laugh they didn't sell any beer in the away end, so just a thought. hardly room to swing a cat behind the actual seat area.

Oh man alive we need to win this now... JUST to get into the 6th Round and be considered joint favourites!! A rare feeling indeed!!!

Paydro said:
I thought this match was on this morning. :mong:

I did the same, even got up early after a skin-full to get some of the shit the Mrs wanted doing out of the way so I was free for the game. Then sat down at 1.30pm put on ITV... and WTF???

What sort of team do we reckon we'll see today then? Would be nice to see Niko start in the middle, reckon he deserves it after his performance against the barcodes.

Here's our team v Stevenage - expect 5-3-2 Cudicini; Walker, Dawson, Kaboul, Nelsen, Rose; Livermore, Parker, Bale; Defoe, Saha.

Subs - Friedel, King, Khumalo, Kranjcar, Lennon, Luongo, Dawkins.

linnet_spur said:
I think it will be 442,
Kaboul, daws, nelsen, rose
walker, parker, livermore, bale
defoe, saha

I'd like to see us give Kaboul a run out at RB and test Walker in midfield, but I can't see it happening.

linnet_spur said:
well if it starts as 532 as T says, it will soon become 442, as walker will use the space he has to push on, leaving one of the cb's to push out wide creating a 442
I copied it from @SpursOfficial :akabusi:

linnet_spur said:
I think it will be 442,
Kaboul, daws, nelsen, rose
walker, parker, livermore, bale
defoe, saha
That sounds slightly more logical, I was trying to fit the players into the formation in my head but it just didn't work.. I don't remember a team ever being successful using 5-3-2 in my relatively short football life.

Should be a win, but there's a tiny 0.1% at the back of my head doubting me.. COYS!

Back
Top Bottom